PDA

View Full Version : online gameplay?

indoorblakininja
07-26-2010, 05:29 AM
so, what do you think online play will be like? im goin towards it bein like an online neighborhood where you create your sims and put them in a world with other xbox live players

SovietCrusade
07-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Sadly, I doubt they will have that. The only "online" activity is where you can upload your creations.

Kunduz
07-27-2010, 10:48 PM
that would be awesome, though I seriously doubt that they will incorperate that into the game. Hopefully we'll get at least couch Co-op

indoorblakininja
07-28-2010, 03:09 AM
sucks.EA needs to hire me, im a good "ideas man"

EMP
09-01-2010, 02:26 AM
I think you can only upload creations i think but if you could do coop it would be so awesome

x VipEriZeD xX
09-03-2010, 06:58 AM
Personally, i think multiplayer would suck! I'm glad there not putting it on there, i'm more of a single player guy. Plus, no online achievements.

xsoenx
09-13-2010, 11:50 AM
http://www.360-hq.com/xbox360/games/The_Sims_3/695/
on here they say there CO-OP really hope so that could be killer

Beki Myaz 92
09-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Chances are that there will be a co-op option, but I agree with others who say it probably won't be online, and there's a few reasons.

Imagine going online, and into create mode to add/remove something. It would freeze time, therefore for the whole neighbourhood, and freezing the game for other players that would be out in the neighbourhood, if that can be understood.
Plus, it may have a similar effect to Saints Row 2, in that if somebody who activates cheats joins the game, it may affect achievements for everybody in the session. Bad Times!

There is a way it could work, in that you can invite a player to join you in your neighbourhood, a little like past sims games, and create mode would probably work where either 1 or both players can add stuff (If one player, it would pause in a similar way to Saints Row 2, in that the person that chose the new mode would have control). Good Times!

Co-op will probably be restricted to offline probably just because it would e easier that way, and its how they do it for PC, and I also agree that online activity will probably include sharing created content, uploading houses, sims, etc.

I'd personally love online play, but it could be difficult to add to the game, that's all I'm saying.