PDA

View Full Version : Expert Ring Master Gold Medal Tips and Videos

Geoff The Hero
07-26-2010, 06:14 PM
I decided to make videos showing off the only actual achievement challenge in this game, getting gold medals on Expert Ring Master (though the achievement is getting gold medals on everything, you need to do this which is tough).

Here's my review on the game as a whole if you're interested: http://www.freezecracker.com/forum/index.php?topic=5981

Pay attention special attention to the waves and how I respond using my boost.

Here are some general tips that will save you:

-I prefer the Cutthroat for all courses. It's well balanced and gives you a great amount of control.
-Always hold down boost when you're going on a flat straightaway, you're wasting time if you aren't.
-Do not hold down boost when you need to be precise and there is a wave. Your speed will make you fly out of control. Instead, use short bursts of boost to time it when you're not hitting a wave.
-When you're making a tight turn: brake, turn and boost all in one quick motion. You'll keep a lot of your momentum and much needed time.
-Certain waves you can just jump over, but make sure you're able to regain control once you land.
-If you're flying and you land on an active wave while boosting, you will get fucked up and fly off the course. Depending on how intense the wave is, you might have to brake.
-Just use common sense in a lot of situations, when you're going upstream, just jump boost to avoid the friction.

Once the game actually does come out, it'll really help knowing how to drive without flying off the course therefore ruining your time trial. Once you do get a hold of how to drive and control your vehicle, all the courses become real easy to get gold in.

Here are the videos:

YouTube- Hydro Thunder Hurricane - Lake Powell: Ring Master Gold Medal

YouTube- Hydro Thunder Hurricane - Storming Asgard: Ring Master Gold Medal

YouTube- Hydro Thunder Hurricane - Monster Island: Ring Master Gold Medal

YouTube- Hydro Thunder Hurricane - Tsunami Bowl: Ring Master Gold Medal

YouTube- Hydro Thunder Hurricane - Lost Babylon: Ring Master Gold Medal

YouTube- Hydro Thunder Hurricane - Paris Sewers: Ring Master Gold Medal

YouTube- Hydro Thunder Hurricane - Seoul Stream: Ring Master Gold Medal

YouTube- Hydro Thunder Hurricane - Area 51: Ring Master Gold Medal

littlejay
07-29-2010, 04:12 AM
Do you mind if i link this thread in the Achievement Guide? These videos look like they will be very helpful. Nice work!

Geoff The Hero
07-29-2010, 04:33 AM
Of course, feel free to use it-- I made this guide to help others. :)

paxxxeku
07-29-2010, 05:41 PM
uau man,you rock playing this,surelly a motivation.Im loving,just loving the game,but i can t hide i was a little bit sad when i saw the extreme difficulty in the gates challenge using expert boats.Now,i just wanna try it and try it.U got the all gold events achievement already? Congrats once again

Geoff The Hero
07-29-2010, 05:55 PM
uau man,you rock playing this,surelly a motivation.Im loving,just loving the game,but i can t hide i was a little bit sad when i saw the extreme difficulty in the gates challenge using expert boats.Now,i just wanna try it and try it.U got the all gold events achievement already? Congrats once again
I had a review copy, apparently I'm the only reviewer out there who cared enough about the game to actually wanted to try the expert ring challenges. Kinda shows how much people actually care about the experience of the game.

tylerlee823
07-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the videos, this and 5 Championships are all I need to gold to get all gold.

XxSHOCKxTROOPxX
07-30-2010, 07:34 AM
great job on the video's and i trie for hours and could only get silver but you have shown the way. cudos!!!!:Bounce:

Geoff The Hero
08-01-2010, 06:00 AM
I appreciate it!

TheRealBr1ghtShadow
08-04-2010, 05:59 PM
This is freaking ridiculus...

Dreamer84
08-15-2010, 10:18 PM
great videos, thanks a lot man :drunk

lormunboy
08-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the vids! Really helped!

Dirty Whirlwind
10-04-2010, 07:02 AM
I've a tip for everyone trying to get gold on the ring master races, and I think its really weird I haven't seen anyone mention it.

Just use Cutthroat in bumper view. I guarantee you will be surprise over how much easier it is to handle the boat in that view. It does actually almost make the ring master events too easy. I did kinda feel like I was cheating.