PDA

View Full Version : most promising game ever!!!

xLMx94
07-26-2010, 07:26 PM
im looking forward to this game now more than gran turismo:eek:. its just going to be amazing. the way they are making everything so pin point accuarte, everything so realistic, and the fact that it has been one of the most exciting seasons of formual one, i have ever seen. i just cant wait. BRING ON SEPTEMBER!!

lenny m
07-27-2010, 04:25 PM
4 years in the making for a 360 f1 game. better be brilliant

Suki
08-02-2010, 10:50 AM
i think the game will be very good my only fears are for the online play as almost every player i have ever met online will not let u pass they want to smash u and tbone u every chance they get so how will this work online with F1?, i can only think ghost cars but then what about picking up the toe etc... i just think it will fail online unless u get with a groups of dedicated racers who want to actually race which is a real shame beacuse doing a proper qually and full race distance would be amazing.

ScottCorno1987
08-02-2010, 11:50 AM
i think the game will be very good my only fears are for the online play as almost every player i have ever met online will not let u pass they want to smash u and tbone u every chance they get so how will this work online with F1?, i can only think ghost cars but then what about picking up the toe etc... i just think it will fail online unless u get with a groups of dedicated racers who want to actually race which is a real shame beacuse doing a proper qually and full race distance would be amazing.

I too can see the online experience being a compelete fail.

Think online will be purley for groups of friends who actually race proper, F1 isn't bumper cars.... (M.Schumacher excluded after his move on Barrichello yesterday).

Biggest game of 2010 for me, can't wait!!!

Crazy BigGaz
08-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Really looking forward to this.

As for online, maybe we can get a club together and then invite, then if there smashers, they could be removed.

tgas416
08-02-2010, 10:30 PM
This should be a great game form the looks of it, can't wait to see the achievements list

xLMx94
08-04-2010, 07:06 PM
they have put damage on for online, to try and stop the idiots going around smashing everyone.

Abeta42
08-04-2010, 07:14 PM
I really looking forward to this. Remembering the old PC F1 games brings back memories. I only hope the online systems works. I love to play Forza so this better be good.

xLMx94
08-04-2010, 07:41 PM
online with random people will be like on most racing games. let them have the lead to the first corner, where they will all go for the inside and very tight line, as you go to the outside line, while the are on the inside they are still trying to carry normal speed, causing them to run wider on the exit. you then nip up the inside as they start to turn in, and the speed advantage you will have with the line you have taken, will give you a fairly big lead depending on the length of the next straight.(this was proven when massa did it on vettel and alonso in germany) then all you do is floor it, and as they try to keep up, they push to hard, make mistakes, giving you a bigger lead, and making the last lap alot easier. i have been doing this way back since grid, and since then i have had alot more online wins than i would have, getting caught up in a first corner accident. obviously if you get a good enough start this is not needed, but it helps alot, and i can see myself having to use it on F1 2010. and obviously you still need to be quick enough to stay in front and get away because of slipstreaming.

fancy a quicky
08-05-2010, 12:01 PM
i can see alot of crashing on the 1st corner online lol

Sgt Mole
08-05-2010, 12:52 PM
I've been looking forward to this game since it's announcement. As soon as it was announced I went out and bought the M$ steering wheel :)

There are high expectations for this game but I believe codemaster will deliver, they've had years of practice in fine tuning their engine for racing games, and the FIA wouldn't have given the license to just any old fool :P

Have got 3 days holiday left from work for this year and am saving them for the release of this game. Have always played F1 games on the PC since the early 90's (microprose GP1,GP2,GP3 and GP4). And from looking at the 'chieve list it could be a long one to get the 1000 on. Am looking forward to spending days on end fine tuning the car's setup :)

SNIPERUPHIGH
08-05-2010, 01:41 PM
I want to play this so bad but they say no demo i wonder why not

Crazy BigGaz
08-05-2010, 04:33 PM
I am really looking forward to F1 2010, as the last F1 game I played was on the Commodore Amiga 500.

I am going to be ordering the Xbox 360 Wireless Steering Wheel at the end of the month, so I have it for when the game comes out.

SNIPERUPHIGH
08-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Will you be using the wheel on a table or your lap???

Crazy BigGaz
08-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Will you be using the wheel on a table or your lap???
On a table/desk.
Will I have any problems with it?

Honey Child 248
08-05-2010, 07:38 PM
On a table/desk.
Will I have any problems with it?

Naaa you won't. That's how i use mine. Its easier than having it on ya lap..

f1ferrari
08-22-2010, 12:50 AM
Have always played F1 games on the PC since the early 90's (microprose GP1,GP2,GP3 and GP4). And from looking at the 'chieve list it could be a long one to get the 1000 on. Am looking forward to spending days on end fine tuning the car's setup :)

Exactly the same here been playing the old Geoff Crammond games and loved everyone and have really missed the thrill of the F1 games that he produced, and looking forward to 24th Sep.
But my little niggle already is not being able to setup the car like we did back then. I think the main setup is already on the car, we just tweak it. Gutted about that.
I enjoyed spending time on free practice trying to get the very best setup for the track. an element I think wont take long in this game.
On the positive, I love the weather element in the game and the circuit calculations, this should be a lot more challenging on the Driving front.

o H i T M a N z
09-04-2010, 06:19 PM
I have played every F1 game on the ps1 and ps2, really looking forward to the first F1 game in years for the 360.

Im struggling to see how the online is going to work, i imagine both DAMAGE ON/OFF will be a pain.

DAMAGE ON: People will still drive into your car and damage yours aswell as theirs.

DAMAGE OFF: It will be like bumper cars :( but at least you could continue without a pit-stop.

Mattyboi93
09-09-2010, 09:33 PM
I love the fact that the races are 20% length, because it's long enough to feel like a proper race but not so long you'll get bored. Plus if you don't have it on the lowest difficulty I guess you won't pull out a ridiculous lead, so you'll still need to concentrate on what you're doing (like in real life). Looking forward to starting off as 2nd driver for Hispania racing haha, bring on Q2 and 15th place finish. Would like to drive for mclaren though, replace Button and have the two best british young drivers in one team :p

headshed101
09-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Game preordered today. I cannot wait for this game.

tmg100
09-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Id read somewhere that online is going to be totally different to the main game ish....

The fact that you can't finish a race flat out online you have to dial down the engine to conserve fuel to make it to the line, and, there will be mandatory pit stops.

For shits and giggles the game will change the weather so you will have say, the final 2 laps on slicks with it smashing down with rain or inters with a fairly dry track.

Im defo up for a dedicated race set up if anyone is sorting one out, a word of warning though I drive in car on the floor so I can see whats in front thats it!

If its been set up already send me a FR with a message,

Ta