PDA

View Full Version : Best achievement layout...

Lonsta DaMonsta
03-17-2006, 04:51 AM
There's some games that have a great achievement setup. And there's some that make you wonder if they spent more than 10 minutes making.

Which games do you guys think are set up the best? (I would ask the worst, but it's really obvious which ones ((Madden, NBA2K6, NHL2K6, etc).

I think the ones set up the best are:

Condemned -- Overall just set up well. You have to beat the game in order to get all of the achievements, and some people will have to beat it twice.

Kameo -- Offers most achievements from just beating the game, but offers special "A-Ranking" achievements for those who want to spend extra time on the game.

Burnout: Revenge -- Offers some pretty time consuming achievements, but ones that aren't too impossible (Being ranked #1 online, hosting 1000 games, etc).

What do you guys think??

~ Lonnie

scoobydiesel
03-17-2006, 06:09 AM
ha i havnt played any of them yet....

KillarPenguin
03-17-2006, 04:36 PM
I would say G.R.A.W. is pretty good. Most of the achievements are co-op and single player. But it sucks that you can beat the single player with cheats on.

Weapon 117
03-17-2006, 05:32 PM
I totally agree that Burnout Revenge has a great achievement setup. I haven't played the other games so I can't make an opinion.

Minty
03-17-2006, 05:35 PM
burnout has great achievements from what i can see- similar to full auto. Condemned has good ones. Toger Woods has great achievements, even if some are impossible and the tournament win is stupidly tough lol

From upcoming games, Football Manager, Top Spin 2 and Tomb Raider all look to have great achievements

SpideR NY
03-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I dont think that Madden or NBA 2k had the worst set up for achievements. I would give to Quake 4 or Perfect dark 0. I would rather have easy points then hard/immpossible ones.

More on topic: I thought the lay out of Condemed's points was awesome. I love getting points all the way through like that. (I sent it back missing 3 achievements, 2 from 1 missed bird, but I might get it again to clean up). I Havent played Kameo or Burnout Yet. I though Full Auto had a great set up for points (though I wish the bigger point values were at the end series not the first few). I just didnt like that game enough to unlock them all. I like unlocking achievements as I go. I would rather have 20 five-point achievements then 1 100-point one. I hope sports games step it up next go around.

Edit : To see what I think sports game's achievements should look like go to Nba Live, 2k, Madden, MLB 2k forums and look at "What the Achievements should have been" threads. Please post with what ya think if you head over there.

k_dog
03-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Burnouts Layout was outstanding. A good Mixture of World Tour and Online Play.

Agreed with Condemned as well.

FIFA is not too bad to the extent that you actually HAVE to play to get them.

-Brian

stankit
03-17-2006, 09:33 PM
to the original poster:
did you mean Burnout Revenge? because some of the achievements you name are Ghost Recon achievements

graf1k
03-17-2006, 09:47 PM
I like Condemned. I liked COD2 too. Ghost Recon's are pretty good although the uber ones in there are kind of pissing me off. But I do like that it has points for finishing each mission and seperate ones for beating each mission on Hard. I just think it's stupid that if you played hard the first time through you didn't unlock the normal achievements too (at least, thats what people are saying). Full Autos were pretty good too. I just like games in general that give you an achievement throughout the single player game instead of just "Beat the game on X difficulty".

Lonsta DaMonsta
03-18-2006, 06:18 PM
to the original poster:
did you mean Burnout Revenge? because some of the achievements you name are Ghost Recon achievements

I meant the achievements in parenthesis to be examples of "impossible achievements". (Which were examples of Ghost Recon).

And I agree with graf1k, I like games that give you achievements as you play through. (Condemned, Gun, Kameo, etc).

graf1k
03-18-2006, 06:23 PM
The BF2 achievements look real good.

DakidJose
12-09-2008, 08:10 PM
I actually like achievements like COD games except COD3 because they are all mostly campaign related and they are difficult and makes it more challenging.That makes everybody enjoy multiplayer more,we don't have to worry about achievements or other people to come just to boost but to actually play the game.