PDA

View Full Version : Why is Supernatural so Underrated?

nEcroUzomaki
07-27-2010, 03:06 AM
Im a huge Supernatural Fan since the first season and i think its one of the best TV Shows, ever made.It has everything it makes u cry,angry etc.and it gets high reviews from IGN and others.Heres my question why do u think its so underrated and what can CW or ths Show do better to get the attention it deserves.

Starstrukk X360A
07-27-2010, 03:22 AM
It's on theCW.

That channel is not all that popular; stuff on FOX, NBC, and ABC (with CBS riding their tail) are the most popular, while theCW doesn't have any actual shows that make people flock to it, so they don't see previews of it.

Supernatural's bloody amazing though; I've been a fan since the first season.

Neverender
07-27-2010, 03:56 AM
It's on theCW.

That. If it's not on a major network, most people don't care. I've been watching it since the 3rd season, though (borrowed DVDs of seasons 1-2 from a friend).

BemusedBox
07-27-2010, 06:48 PM
One of the best shows at the moment it carnt be that underated with 5 seasons behind it.

Starstrukk X360A
07-27-2010, 10:57 PM
One of the best shows at the moment it carnt be that underated with 5 seasons behind it.

When it comes to theCW as a whole, yeah, it's definitely not underrated.

However, when it comes to all the other major networks, it's definitely underrated.

Eric Kripke even wanted only five seasons, but theCW asked for a sixth; that's the only reason there's even an upcoming season in the first place.

BlackTitan666
07-28-2010, 03:47 AM
I don't think the show is underrated its that the CW sucks it only has 2 good shows this and smallville which I kinda of don't like anymore cause they hype up fights and then the its and in like 5 minutes

Starstrukk X360A
07-28-2010, 03:54 AM
I don't think the show is underrated its that the CW sucks it only has 2 good shows this and smallville which I kinda of don't like anymore cause they hype up fights and then the its and in like 5 minutes

Smallville was good until they just started making more seasons.

The only shows I watched on theCW are Supernatural and Melrose Place, and the upcoming new series Nikita and Hellcats both look really amazing.

Vampire Diaries is decent; I don't follow the series but from what I've seen of the show it's pretty amazing.

BlackTitan666
07-28-2010, 04:12 AM
Smallville was good until they just started making more seasons.

The only shows I watched on theCW are Supernatural and Melrose Place, and the upcoming new series Nikita and Hellcats both look really amazing.

Vampire Diaries is decent; I don't follow the series but from what I've seen of the show it's pretty amazing. I feel that the CW is more of a channel for women then men, that the Nikita show looks nice.vampire diaries seem like its for women and I remenber watching Melrose Place when I was younger the original one cause the mother would watch it in the living room and I didn't have a tv in mine

Sambuca Queen
07-28-2010, 07:56 PM
I wasnt aware it was underrated. Ive gotten so many people into this series the last couple of years. And some were gobsmacked that they had never seen it before. I think its one of the best TV series ever made and its one of my all time favs. It applies to both adults and teens, no sparkly vamps and such lol.

SynysterChris
07-29-2010, 08:24 AM
I was going to say the same as the lady above me. I wasn't aware this show was underrated? I always though it was the best show on CW only one without any of that stupid who is dating who high school musical BS that's all over that station.
It's awesome and that was all I was aware of.

Starstrukk X360A
07-29-2010, 01:33 PM
I was going to say the same as the lady above me. I wasn't aware this show was underrated? I always though it was the best show on CW only one without any of that stupid who is dating who high school musical BS that's all over that station.
It's awesome and that was all I was aware of.

It's underrated when it's compared to shows on other networks; it's definitely not underrated when it comes to shows on theCW.

BAMF Sangwich
07-30-2010, 02:45 AM
I've seen the first three seasons, pretty cool so far

SynysterChris
07-30-2010, 06:52 AM
It's underrated when it's compared to shows on other networks; it's definitely not underrated when it comes to shows on theCW.

Yes but its free TV so anything that's actually good on there is mostly underrated, because it's on free channels, plus its CW and everything on there sucks ass. Smallville was good back in the day but got stupid. But as far as shows go I wasn't really aware that it was underrated, and by underrated do you mean viewers or just people don't rate the show that high compared to show on cable or premium channels?

A ZombieTwinkie
07-30-2010, 07:53 AM
My girlfriend got me into this show. Got tired of seeing random episodes on CW - which by the way, Supernatural should definitely be picked up by a bigger station - so I went out and bought the seasons for her.

Starstrukk X360A
07-30-2010, 12:39 PM
My girlfriend got me into this show. Got tired of seeing random episodes on CW - which by the way, Supernatural should definitely be picked up by a bigger station - so I went out and bought the seasons for her.

You're amazing.

DarthSoth
07-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Supernatural is my favorite show all-time. Apparently I am not the only one who really likes the show since it is the 4th top user rated show on TV.com. It ranks 9th on their top 100 shows.

I don't really see either of those things making it underrated.

HAK Devil
08-04-2010, 01:35 PM
I have gotten so many of my friends into this show it is not even funny. The show gets better with every season and I am hating this wait before the next season!

Where else can you see Paris Hilton get decapitated? :D

DarthSoth
08-05-2010, 06:38 PM
I have gotten so many of my friends into this show it is not even funny. The show gets better with every season and I am hating this wait before the next season!

Where else can you see Paris Hilton get decapitated? :D

Ha that was awesome.

"Not a Word!"
"Dude, you just got whaled on by Paris Hilton."

The show is by far the most consistent show on tv. And yeah every season gets better. Though I think that season 6 will buck that trend just because season 5 was so damn awesome. If you look on tv.com the last 10 episodes of the season were all rated over 9. Greatest stretch of episodes ever. No other show has come close to accomplishing that. Most of them are happy if they get a run of 3 or 4 like that, which Supernatural has done 3 other times as well.

SynysterChris
08-06-2010, 01:36 AM
Ha that was awesome.

"Not a Word!"
"Dude, you just got whaled on by Paris Hilton."

The show is by far the most consistent show on tv. And yeah every season gets better. Though I think that season 6 will buck that trend just because season 5 was so damn awesome. If you look on tv.com the last 10 episodes of the season were all rated over 9. Greatest stretch of episodes ever. No other show has come close to accomplishing that. Most of them are happy if they get a run of 3 or 4 like that, which Supernatural has done 3 other times as well.

Totally forgot about the Paris Hilton thing. That was awesome

ohioman101
08-11-2010, 02:13 AM
Supernatural is definitely my favorite TV show of all time. I've got every season on DVD so far.
In regards to Season 6, even though they finished up the main story arc, I still have high hopes for it. From what I've been reading they're going back to the style of season 1, with each episode being like a different urban legend/demon hunt. There's still going to be an over-arcing story across the season, so I feel it'll be good.

nEcroUzomaki
08-11-2010, 01:19 PM
It's good to see Real Supernatural Fan's.And for all Supernatural newbies check Season 4 out,it truly shows what Supernatural stands for.:)

circus1776
08-21-2010, 05:04 AM
Supernatural is my favorite TV show of all time. It has everything. Emotion, battles, interesting characters, humor, drama, and a plot that keeps it going.

I'm a little scared for how Sera Gamble is gonna handle sixth season since it was supposed to end after season five and I'm not sure how they can beat the finale of that XD

But oh my god. I agree so much. I'm sad that this show is so underrated because it's one of the best things on television. Super pissed that stupid The Vampire Diaries is more popular than it. Seriously? SPN > Vampire Diaries.

Starstrukk X360A
08-21-2010, 07:26 AM
It's good to see Real Supernatural Fan's.And for all Supernatural newbies check Season 4 out,it truly shows what Supernatural stands for.:)

No. For the love of god do not start on season four if you're getting into the show.
Season four expands on a lot of what went on in the previous seasons, so if you start from the fourth season and go back and start from the beginning, you'll ruin the fun. It's like going to a movie knowing exactly how it ends.

DarthSoth
08-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Supernatural is my favorite TV show of all time. It has everything. Emotion, battles, interesting characters, humor, drama, and a plot that keeps it going.

I'm a little scared for how Sera Gamble is gonna handle sixth season since it was supposed to end after season five and I'm not sure how they can beat the finale of that XD

But oh my god. I agree so much. I'm sad that this show is so underrated because it's one of the best things on television. Super pissed that stupid The Vampire Diaries is more popular than it. Seriously? SPN > Vampire Diaries.

Well Sera has been writing and producing for the show for quite some time now, so I think the show is in good hands. Also, it appears that Kripke is still going to be pretty heavily involved in the show as well. More that we may have been led to believe previously. There were some really good interviews with him and Sera regarding season 6 from comic-con. They definitely have quelled my initial trepidation towards season 6.

I don't think it is going to be on the same level as season 4 or 5 but it sounds like it will still be pretty good. They are going back to more monster of the week format but will be dealing with the history,origins, and supernatural lore of these monsters they are hunting. There is still some overarching story through the season as well but obviously it won't be as heavy as the heaven and hell story line was.

And as for the suggestion to start the series at season 4, that isn't a very good idea. The whole series got better each season from season 1 to 5, and season 1 still kicks ass. I don't know why you would want to start the show at the last 1/3 of it's run. You would be missing all the build up that contributes to the awesomeness of season 4 and 5 that way.

13ip0lar
08-25-2010, 03:57 PM
What it boils down to, is since they went the religious route, the only people you are gonna get to continue to watch the show are hardcore fans. People don't like it when you mock their religion or play it out on TV like it's a story to get enjoyment out of, because to them its real, and fact (lol). That said I could go into a whole religious rant and how people have been using it as a soapbox for racism, war, etc. since the start of time, but then I'm sure this thread might get promptly locked or I warned.

So in conclusion, conservative Americans + religion = low ratings...unless its subtle religious belief, and how it can help you to overcome a situation, ergo "underdog" scenario. Then everyone eats that crap up.

Lebowski324
09-02-2010, 10:04 PM
I watched all of this through i think it was season 3 maybe some of 4 but im behind now and can't wait till i have some more time to watch it all

A ZombieTwinkie
09-03-2010, 03:10 PM
No. For the love of god do not start on season four if you're getting into the show.
Season four expands on a lot of what went on in the previous seasons, so if you start from the fourth season and go back and start from the beginning, you'll ruin the fun. It's like going to a movie knowing exactly how it ends.

Yeap. That's about right.

Don't know why anyone would want to start 2/3's into a season of a great show. Sure, some shows might be better half way through or so, but you don't get to see how the show has progressed, and you'd probably be lost on parts the there was a story through all of them.

Dulce Nimue
09-05-2010, 12:07 AM
Been following it since its start and I love it, never knew it was under rated though. I know a lot of my friends did start to lose intrest in the show with the introductions of Angels and the Devil and the hole appocalipse thing, I found it all rather enjoyable and can not wait for the new season to start :)

IanAHD
09-08-2010, 02:41 PM
seen the first 2 seasons and found it to be really really good the comedy between the brothers was funny when they did pranks on each other :P

Starstrukk X360A
09-08-2010, 04:19 PM
seen the first 2 seasons and found it to be really really good the comedy between the brothers was funny when they did pranks on each other :P

Superglued Dean's hand to the beer bottle! :D

"There's barely any skin left on my palm!"