PDA

View Full Version : you gotta shoot em in the head glitch

Earink
07-27-2010, 12:39 PM
so I started this quest and got dave's key. then decided to do the mothership zeta quest for a change of pace, anyway when i collected all my equipment back, the achievement popped for you gotta shoot em in the head. Dunno if this is a one time glitch, or whether it would work with any other quest items.

arachnophilia
07-28-2010, 06:29 AM
did you have the (winterized) t51b power armor from op:anchorage in your inventory?

Earink
07-28-2010, 07:25 AM
yea I did. is it a common thing then?

Gareth Dent
07-28-2010, 02:26 PM
It has been reported that if you leave the quest in favour of others it will say you have killed one of the 5 (crowley, tenpenny, dave, strayer or dukov) when you kill others even though their nothing to do with the quest. Maybe it thought you killed crowley thus ending the quest. Or the guy above mentioned you had the power armour which if you get with the keys from the above 4 it ends the quest. Maybe since its the same armour just you aquired it a differnt way it assumes you finished the quest by gaining it the hard way.

arachnophilia
07-29-2010, 12:48 AM
yea I did. is it a common thing then?

before the DLC, the t51b power armor was a unique item in the game. the DLC seems to just duplicate it, and modify the texture and HP.

there are a couple of ways to complete "you gotta shoot 'em in the head." as you progress through the mission, you will find out that crowley is really after a set of t51b armor. picking it up will complete the quest. apparently, picking up the winterized set works as well.