PDA

View Full Version : Level 61 in the Dome

lordskorrkeeper
07-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Would it help if we leveled to 61 with Knoxx DLC before attempting the Dome?

Malkaiah
07-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Not especially, the enemies are adjusted to the level of the host, you'll just be fighting level 61 enemies if you go in at 61. If you're going solo, then create a guest account, have them host a game and get them to Fyrestone, save and quit, then re-host in splitscreen and use your high level with the low level hosting. Then you'll breeze through the Underdome, I did this with a level 43 Siren, killed pretty much everything in a single shot except the last few rounds and the bosses. Made it so much easier, the length of the Large Challenges is still a killer though.

lordskorrkeeper
07-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Ah yeah I see. Thanks, might try that second controller thing with a lvl 1-2 hosting it to get it over with, the big arenas last 3hours I heard, wow, hope my game does not freeze or crash in the middle of them.

UCB Disco
07-28-2010, 12:54 PM
I did two of the long arenas by myself with splitscreen, and the third with a friend over LIVE. Honestly, playing with my friend was way more fun. The splitscreen method, even though it works, just feels long, dull, and boring. I think it's why so many people hated this DLC is because of that.

But playing just for fun is actually fun, and even challenging.

Malkaiah
07-28-2010, 06:43 PM
I did two of the long arenas by myself with splitscreen, and the third with a friend over LIVE. Honestly, playing with my friend was way more fun. The splitscreen method, even though it works, just feels long, dull, and boring. I think it's why so many people hated this DLC is because of that.

But playing just for fun is actually fun, and even challenging.

Trying to get the achievements for the larger challenges is frustrating though, even with friends. If you lose one wave, you go back a whole round and with no save function at all, forcing you to go through the 100 waves in one go.

angryassasin857
08-06-2010, 02:51 AM
Would it help if we leveled to 61 with Knoxx DLC before attempting the Dome?

to tell you the truth it will help but not cause your on level 61, it helps because you get some awesome guns in general knoxx so I suggest doing knoxx first. Thats what I did and I am breezing through rounds with my guns I got

zalamorph
08-06-2010, 08:54 AM
one question, if you are doing it with the 2 controller sham, do you get the achievement on both profiles?

lizard9979
08-06-2010, 05:25 PM
one question, if you are doing it with the 2 controller sham, do you get the achievement on both profiles?

Yes you do

Malkaiah
08-06-2010, 05:25 PM

Yup, you sure do. :)

norbucso
08-07-2010, 11:10 AM
I was level 50. I entered the Dome online and i don't have the Knoxx DLC and Ding i became Level 61. What the hell? Is this a glitch or this is common?

Quickdraw
08-29-2010, 01:04 AM
that sounds like a bug im trying the low lvl hosting for the achieve, hope it still works.

Malkaiah
08-29-2010, 01:20 AM
that sounds like a bug im trying the low lvl hosting for the achieve, hope it still works.

As far as I'm aware it will always work, as it's not something that's really fixable as the only alternative would be to scale the enemies based on the highest level player in the game. But due to the drop in, drop out nature of the game it would cause a few problems if someone came in, set the mobs higher and then left. But there shouldn't be any reason it would stop working. :)

Quickdraw
08-29-2010, 01:42 AM
As far as I'm aware it will always work, as it's not something that's really fixable as the only alternative would be to scale the enemies based on the highest level player in the game. But due to the drop in, drop out nature of the game it would cause a few problems if someone came in, set the mobs higher and then left. But there shouldn't be any reason it would stop working. :)

yeah maybe, didnt get the do the lesser ones on my hosting account which was strange 11 more lvls to see if it does :P.

Edit: Defo works, better than trying to do it at the level of your main by far.

norbucso
10-07-2010, 11:26 AM
It worked. Quickmatch in and out with some players and two achievement at once.

ultratog1028
12-15-2010, 12:34 AM
If you plan on getting the larger tourneys, have a friend with the DLC host a game with a level 10 character (since that seems to be the lowest underdome enemies go). Then you and your friends join in with level 58/69 accounts and precced to smash your opponents.