PDA

View Full Version : Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare tour UK

AdamTheCrusade
07-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Just curious as to if anyone from here's going? i live near leeds and was planning to go to the O2 academy to see them, but the tickets sold out within days, so im headed to manchester instead. Theyre one of my favourite bands ever, so i didnt care how much tickets were. for those interested who havent heard about it, the gigs are in november and cost around £30. if you havent even heard of the band, youtube them :p seriously, one of the best bands ever.

xXxDArKtOrNxXx
07-27-2010, 07:47 PM
well i live in the us and looking at all the tour dates they are when i have school so i might have to go travel out of US to see a concert when im on break but the album is amazing dont you think whats ur favorite song?

AdamTheCrusade
07-27-2010, 08:09 PM
ahhhh damn. im not sure really, i love this new album but i dont think its their best. i really like welcome to the family though. you?

Tussell
07-27-2010, 08:28 PM
One of the best bands ever? You make me chuckle!

JohnnyR74
07-27-2010, 08:33 PM
I'll be going with my friend to one of the Canadian dates in Toronto in late August, it's going to be amazing. Just finished listening to the new album, I thought it was pretty good, definitely a great tribute to The Rev.

DropDeadArtemus
07-27-2010, 11:29 PM
I live in the US so I'm going to the show in Atlanta, GA. Backstage passes were only $175. I am really happy with the new album. Fiction is my favorite song, by far. Being a drummer myself, I really look up to Jimmy as a musician and a person. He will definitely be missed.

ThunderStorm101
07-28-2010, 06:57 AM
Im going to the Hammersmith Appollo date on 30th October, and the day after on the 31st at hammersmith also :P

And if ur only going for A7X, go listen to some stone sour, they are pretty awesome live

EliteShadowMan
07-28-2010, 06:50 PM

well actually they would be one of the best bands...so yeah but its about personal preference but they are better than the majority of bands now days

Tussell
07-28-2010, 07:11 PM
well actually they would be one of the best bands...so yeah but its about personal preference but they are better than the majority of bands now days
I laughed so hard I almost fell off my dinosaur. Their only good songs came from their initial two releases, Sounding the Seventh Trumpet and Waking The Fallen. Everything including City of Evil and after, is seriously some of the most cliché metal music I've ever heard.

GOOD A7X
YouTube- Avenged Sevenfold - Turn the Other Way

YouTube- Avenged Sevenfold - Darkness Surrounding

YouTube- Avenged Sevenfold - Unholy Confessions (With Lyrics!!!)

BAD A7X
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/09/Avenged_sevenfold_city_of_evil.jpg/200px-Avenged_sevenfold_city_of_evil.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/76/Avenged_Sevenfold_cover_2007.jpg/200px-Avenged_Sevenfold_cover_2007.jpg

Coming Soon, Nightmare

Burning Karma
07-28-2010, 09:28 PM
I laughed so hard I almost fell off my dinosaur.
What're you riding? A triceratops? Maybe a T-Rex? Or are you a speed guy, riding a Velociraptor?

Anywho, not in the UK, but I'll be seeing them on Uproar on September 1st.

EliteShadowMan
07-29-2010, 04:09 AM
I laughed so hard I almost fell off my dinosaur. Their only good songs came from their initial two releases, Sounding the Seventh Trumpet and Waking The Fallen. Everything including City of Evil and after, is seriously some of the most cliché metal music I've ever heard.

GOOD A7X

YouTube- Avenged Sevenfold - Turn the Other Way (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6E0dcD7fpI)

YouTube- Avenged Sevenfold - Darkness Surrounding (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQyxENKNGMI)

YouTube- Avenged Sevenfold - Unholy Confessions (With Lyrics!!!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM7xdompLhE)

BAD A7X

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/09/Avenged_sevenfold_city_of_evil.jpg/200px-Avenged_sevenfold_city_of_evil.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/76/Avenged_Sevenfold_cover_2007.jpg/200px-Avenged_Sevenfold_cover_2007.jpg

Coming Soon, Nightmare

then wtf are u doing in this thread homo? get the hell out and go listen to ur emo songs i could care less, if u really think songs like A little Piece of heaven, Afterlife, The Wicked End, Blinded in chains, Burn it Down and a lot other songs are bad then ur garbage.

Oh and BTW nightmares already out so its not "coming soon" and that CD is decent

Tussell
07-29-2010, 04:15 AM
then wtf are u doing in this thread homo? get the hell out and go listen to ur emo songs i could care less, if u really think songs like A little Piece of heaven, Afterlife, The Wicked End, Blinded in chains, Burn it Down and a lot other songs are bad then ur garbage.

Oh and BTW nightmares already out so its not "coming soon" and that CD is decent
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/smegAE/1zn7mhi.png

What do you mean what am I doing in this thread? I'm posting my opinion on their new music, and their music career in general. I thought it made sense, considering it's a thread about Avenged Sevenfold.

Gorilla Stomper
07-29-2010, 04:22 AM

Seconded. I giggled quite a bit.

ZackNovak
07-29-2010, 05:30 AM
I actually enjoy "Nightmare", much so that I may see them at Uproar. Mike Portnoy is the man.

Young Lil Teezy
07-30-2010, 03:25 AM
Very disappointed with Nightmare. Never liked their singer, so I really don't like their sound, I just like them because whoever their lead guitarist is is phenomenal. THe Nightmare album definitely has more in line of awesome guitar than their last album, so I guess that's an improvement..

Burning Karma
07-30-2010, 03:39 AM
[Words not related to answering my dino related question]
Way to not answer my question, Tussell. :(

Tussell
07-30-2010, 05:37 AM
Way to not answer my question, Tussell. :(
Definitely Velociraptor.

SynysterChris
07-30-2010, 07:31 AM
Saw them back in 2006 at meet them. They are cool guys very nice down to earth people. But this new album sounds kinda like there last album. Not bad but I was looking for something a bit different, harder is what I was looking for. Still awesome A7X though, and they are my favorite band.

Mr Deftino
07-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Got my tickets in a Pre-Sale for the Newcastle 02 academy. Personally couldn't give a fuck if Stone Sour got raped by chinchillas but I am greatly looking forward to Avenged. I find it hilarious how on my ticket it just says "Avenged Sevenfold &". There's no mention of Stone Sour anywhere on the ticket lol.

Glaeden
07-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Avenged Sevenfold is probably my favorite band, I'll be seeing them sometime in August. In my opinion, they are better than Eminem, Tech F**kers, Lil Wyte, NOFX, or the Misfits, thanks for having shitty music in your Last.FM.

Tussell
07-31-2010, 07:15 AM
Avenged Sevenfold is probably my favorite band, I'll be seeing them sometime in August. In my opinion, they are better than Eminem, Tech F**kers, Lil Wyte, NOFX, or the Misfits, thanks for having shitty music in your Last.FM.
Says the guy whose favorite band is Avenged Sevenfold.

What I find extremely funny, is I'm not even saying they're a shitty band. I have all their CD's up to and including City of Evil. I supported them when they released Waking the Fallen, and still very much enjoy Sounding The Seventh Trumpet and Waking the Fallen.

I'm really glad you've taken time out of your day to spam my visitors message. I spent my entire day at Mayhem Fest. Makes me really wish I was sitting on my ass trolling you all day instead.

Tussell
07-31-2010, 07:30 AM
When Nightmare hit the charts (which it fucking shouldn't have), 160 to 170 thousand 16 year old’s flocked to their nearest electronic retailer to buy the album. Yes, Avenged Sevenfold really have captured the hearts of the American Teen Girl. Its no surprise though, considering their Johnny Depp-Cross platform TRL fanbase. The Rev sure as hell didn’t die in vein, the band’s marketed his death to the best of their ability and in the end, it's going to pay off. One thing is for sure, whether the band sells 170 copies or 170 thousand copies, they still fucking suck.

I also find it extremely funny that your last attack was putting BURN IN HELL JUSTIN JOHN KREML. I can't wait until your best friend commits suicide.

/thread

v_thorne
07-31-2010, 09:06 AM
LOL

A7X. One of the best bands in the world. Oh good god, what has metal come to.

They were unfortunantly at Heavy MTL last weekend. I didn't go to their stage, but while waiting for a real band like Lamb of God to play I heard them on the next stage over. Lord A7X are horrible live.

It's okay, little dude. You go play in the kiddie pool while me and Tussell hit up the mosh pit (That real bands can get started, unlike A7X) and break some faces.

By the way, Glaeden. You're just an immature little prick. Come back when you grow up, and the only troll here is you. Seeing as Tuss and I have been around for fucking ages, banging fuckers like you out of threads.

This is my welcoming back post ;)

oDrPepper
07-31-2010, 01:14 PM
People have opinions, fucking deal with it. You don't have to flaunt your inflated ego around the forums to be a dick to everyone who has a different opinion to you, Tussell.

Burning Karma
07-31-2010, 03:57 PM
Quite the bitchfest this thread turned into. Good to know people are still tolerant of others' opinions here on this thing I like to call the internet.

This entire thread reminds me of the comments section of Blabbermouth. C'mon, x360a, you're better, much better, than that.

VladimirK
07-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Personally I can't stand A7X, yeah, yeah, just my opinion.
However, I would love to go and see Stonesour, just a pity it isn't A7X supporting them and I would have just shown up late to the gig.

As for the debate above, click the Youtube link in V_Thornes' sig, that really has some awesome bands in it.

v_thorne
07-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Personally I can't stand A7X, yeah, yeah, just my opinion.
However, I would love to go and see Stonesour, just a pity it isn't A7X supporting them and I would have just shown up late to the gig.

As for the debate above, click the Youtube link in V_Thornes' sig, that really has some awesome bands in it.

Thanks, I made that channel myself ;)

animeaddict42
08-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Dude, please shut the fuck up. The fact that you trolled his profile because of his differing musical taste and posted this very stupid attack post isn't gonna solve anything. You make A7X fans look like immature retards.
When Nightmare hit the charts (which it fucking shouldn't have), 160 to 170 thousand 16 year old’s flocked to their nearest electronic retailer to buy the album. Yes, Avenged Sevenfold really have captured the hearts of the American Teen Girl. Its no surprise though, considering their Johnny Depp-Cross platform TRL fanbase. The Rev sure as hell didn’t die in vein, the band’s marketed his death to the best of their ability and in the end, it's going to pay off. One thing is for sure, whether the band sells 170 copies or 170 thousand copies, they still fucking suck.

I also find it extremely funny that your last attack was putting BURN IN HELL JUSTIN JOHN KREML. I can't wait until your best friend commits suicide.

/thread
I hope that you are just saying stuff like that to piss off that one kid and don't really think that they marketed their best friend's death and try to appeal to the teenage girl population to get popular.
LOL

A7X. One of the best bands in the world. Oh good god, what has metal come to.

They were unfortunantly at Heavy MTL last weekend. I didn't go to their stage, but while waiting for a real band like Lamb of God to play I heard them on the next stage over. Lord A7X are horrible live.

It's okay, little dude. You go play in the kiddie pool while me and Tussell hit up the mosh pit (That real bands can get started, unlike A7X) and break some faces.

By the way, Glaeden. You're just an immature little prick. Come back when you grow up, and the only troll here is you. Seeing as Tuss and I have been around for fucking ages, banging fuckers like you out of threads.

This is my welcoming back post ;)
There is really no need for the stereotypical patronizing "go back to your kiddie pool" bullshit that I've seen in way too many music threads around the web. Musical taste is opinionated, as anyone who has ever been on a music forum (such as yourself) should know. And I don't remember starting a mosh pit as a qualifier to be a "real band".

As for them live, I thought they were pretty good from the YouTube vids I saw, especially for a first show back with a new drummer.

Now, ON TOPIC, I'm not going to the UK tour, seeing as I live in the US, but I am definitely hitting up the Uproar Festival, it is gonna be amazing! Can't wait to hear Welcome to the Family and Unholy Confessions live (they didn't play UC the last time I saw them >.>). Stone Sour, Disturbed, and HellYeah are a nice little bonus.

Tussell
08-01-2010, 08:52 PM
I hope that you are just saying stuff like that to piss off that one kid and don't really think that they marketed their best friend's death and try to appeal to the teenage girl population to get popular.
I'm actually very serious. A lot of bands do it. We have yet to see Slipknot do it though. I mean hell, look at Nirvana. Kurt Cobain's death was the best thing to happen to Nirvana.

Burning Karma
08-02-2010, 01:36 AM
I'm actually very serious. A lot of bands do it. We have yet to see Slipknot do it though. I mean hell, look at Nirvana. Kurt Cobain's death was the best thing to happen to Nirvana.
Yet being the key term there. I'm sure it'll happen, whether Slipknot do it themselves or their record label (Roadrunner, I believe) does it.

Tussell
08-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Yet being the key term there. I'm sure it'll happen, whether Slipknot do it themselves or their record label (Roadrunner, I believe) does it.
Yeah, I put 'yet' on purpose. Though I do really enjoy Slipknot, I can definitely see it happening.

Majica8
08-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Seeing them at B'ham NIA on 28th Oct and can't wait.

Love the new album, and Fiction is probably my fave song, it's just amazing.

People need to stop bitching. So someone likes a band you don't, big deal, it doesn't give you the right to belittle their opinion.

laundryman
08-02-2010, 07:00 PM
lol @ the abundance of haters in this thread. This thread is for discussing the tour. Why bother coming in and bashing the band of a concert you have no intention of going to? Oh Internet, never change. Where would I get my supply of rage?

Anyways, I hope to get tickets to the tour. I thought Nightmare was pretty good. I might put City of Evil higher, but it's still a pretty good album. I saw on Gamefaqs someone posted after they got back from seeing them, and suprisingly, they didn't play Bat Country. The setlist looked fine otherwise, though. I'll see if I can find it.

I'd love to go see them live. Hear they put on a hell of a show. I have their Live in the LBC CD so I have some idea.

Burning Karma
08-03-2010, 02:26 AM
Yeah, I put 'yet' on purpose. Though I do really enjoy Slipknot, I can definitely see it happening.
It wasn't necessairly a jab at Slipknot (as it was at their label), but pretty much any death of anyone anywhere near being famous nowadays is turned into a money-making scheme.

ThunderStorm101
08-03-2010, 01:01 PM
For anyone that are going and havent heard any Stone Sour go listen to the following songs

30/30-150
Come What(ever) May
Get Inside
Idle Hands

and two slow songs that are awesome

Through Glass
Bother

Tussell
08-03-2010, 06:46 PM
For anyone that are going and havent heard any Stone Sour go listen to the following songs

30/30-150
Come What(ever) May
Get Inside
Idle Hands

and two slow songs that are awesome

Through Glass
Bother

You forgot Orchids, Blotter, Monolith, Inhale, Tumult, and Blue Study... Hell, anything off their self-titled.

ThunderStorm101
08-03-2010, 07:12 PM
You forgot Orchids, Blotter, Monolith, Inhale, Tumult, and Blue Study... Hell, anything off their self-titled.

Yea they have aload of good songs, i never heard of them before i saw them headline 2nd stage at download festival and they completely slade it, was awesome, Great live band, Corrie Taylor is a god of a front man

IanAHD
08-08-2010, 09:04 PM
I was going to go to it but it sold out faster than Bullet For My Valentine :'(

IanAHD
08-08-2010, 09:10 PM

Don't forget their older stuff I mean 1992-1996 demo stuff such as Tar Poo, Funk Milk (the bass is awesome), Voices Again, Maybe When I Die I'll Meet Elvis... these are some amazing songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QBqqsrHiLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1jGz9luPXs

hermy90210
08-09-2010, 01:52 AM
Just curious as to if anyone from here's going? i live near leeds and was planning to go to the O2 academy to see them, but the tickets sold out within days, so im headed to manchester instead. Theyre one of my favourite bands ever, so i didnt care how much tickets were. for those interested who havent heard about it, the gigs are in november and cost around £30. if you havent even heard of the band, youtube them :p seriously, one of the best bands ever.

Going to the same gig, myself and the missus.
Though it's only a small part of my gig line up for the next few months :)
Would be the third time i've seen them though.

Tussell
08-09-2010, 03:58 AM
Don't forget their older stuff I mean 1992-1996 demo stuff such as Tar Poo, Funk Milk (the bass is awesome), Voices Again, Maybe When I Die I'll Meet Elvis... these are some amazing songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QBqqsrHiLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1jGz9luPXs
It truly doesn't do anything for me... :(

EliteShadowMan
08-09-2010, 10:01 PM
I don't know why u guys are still talking about Stone Sour in a Avenged Sevenfold thread, go make a new one if ur gonna be posting that much shit about them...but i am gonna listen to some of them right now cause i dont think i ever have

Majica8
08-09-2010, 10:31 PM
I don't know why u guys are still talking about Stone Sour in a Avenged Sevenfold thread, go make a new one if ur gonna be posting that much shit about them...but i am gonna listen to some of them right now cause i dont think i ever have
Because this tour is Avenged Sevenfold AND Stone Sour.

I've finally got round to listening to some Stone Sour........don't think there are any songs I don't like, and my faves so far are probs Through Glass, Socio and Zzyxz Rd. Also love the new single, Say You'll Haunt Me.
Oct 28th can't come soon enough :cool:

EliteShadowMan
08-10-2010, 03:44 AM
Because this tour is Avenged Sevenfold AND Stone Sour.

I've finally got round to listening to some Stone Sour........don't think there are any songs I don't like, and my faves so far are probs Through Glass, Socio and Zzyxz Rd. Also love the new single, Say You'll Haunt Me.
Oct 28th can't come soon enough :cool:

oh yeah lol i forgot this was about the tour! my bad rofl. yeah i listened to some of Stone Sours songs and they seem pretty good i guess i'll see them live on August 17th!

hermy90210
08-15-2010, 10:31 AM
I dont suppose you guys have listened to "fiction" yet off the new album?
Can really hear the thoughts and feelings though revs writing.
I hope they play this, would be a good tribute to him, though now that i think about it.... wonder who would do his singing bits if they did...

Burning Karma
08-15-2010, 05:58 PM
I hope they play this, would be a good tribute to him, though now that i think about it.... wonder who would do his singing bits if they did...
Entire thread dedicated to that: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248231
Have fun. ;)

Majica8
08-16-2010, 12:43 PM
It's an amazing song but I doubt they will ever play it live, can imagine it would be too hard/emotional for all of them.

wakesy1996
08-24-2010, 11:40 PM
A7X are E-pic one of my favourite bands and i so wanna go

RRRYVES
08-25-2010, 07:57 PM
I bought my tickets on the day of release :) Can't frigging wait! Stonesour were beast at download 2010, so definately looking forward to see them again

Andy Shandy
08-30-2010, 03:13 AM

Third-ed? As much as I like some of Avenged's stuff, there is no way they are one of the best bands ever. Truly great bands influence others and I don't really see a band 10, 20, 30 years down the line saying" Yeah, one of my biggest influences was Avenged Sevenfold, they really changed music"

OT: As much as I would like to see Avenged and Stone Sour, university interfered with that plan

Walls Of Jericho
08-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Where are they playing in Manchester?

keymanu1
08-30-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm seeing them in Birmingham YEAHHHHHHHHHH :)
I thought their last album was better than Nightmare but then again, every song on their self-titled album was great

Bobbe
09-02-2010, 06:11 PM
i'm selling 2 tickets for this concert:
31 october 2010 in london..
if interested message me on xbl or here with a mp