PDA

View Full Version : Forge World map ideas....

acurate bob
07-27-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm just wondering what type of maps people would like to see created by the new forge world.

I for one already have some special super secret plans for a world wide CTF map. That's all I am going to say about my big idea but I have many others too.

Like finding the new blood gulch area and change it into a rollercoaster for quads. Finishing wih a massive ramp leading to the beach full of fusion coils to see go BOOM!

Please share our silly ideas too. There the best afterall. But would like some really cool ones too.

SuperSkyline89
07-27-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm thinking about doing some work with kill volumes.

Atroxx70
07-27-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm completely clueless as to what it takes to make a good MP map, so I don't know if I'll get any amount of serious use out of Forge World. However, I do think with the size of Forge World, if they would add the ability to Forge in Firefight elements it would be entirely possible to create single-player and co-op levels and missions. Hopefully that would be something they could add in with a future DLC, hell I'd buy that DLC even if that's all it was.

I would like to try to create some sort of a single player puzzle/platformer. Something along the lines of Portal, without the portal gun obviously. Just that kind of vibe to it you know what I mean?

Hopefully it'll be as easy to use as they said in the ViDoc. One of the biggest things that kept me from Forge in Halo3 is that I just don't have the patience to, to paraphrase Bungie, "spend 3 hours trying to get 1 block to line up perfectly with 3 others". Either way I know I'll be downloading user created maps like crazy.

Eternal
07-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Remake Narrows, Pit, CStruct, Warlock, a proper H2 Lockout, Sanctuary, etc. :)

acurate bob
07-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah remake the classics as close as possible with the tools available.

I think thebplatform puzzle could be fun to make. Since you can freeze black in the air should be real simple to do.

Create a maze in te air but, if possible, have some fall when touched. So you fall off and die from the fall. Hahaha. Would be ace.

UCB Disco
07-29-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm telling you right now, I'm going to immediately make a map that spans the entire Forge World. It will be like a long hunting game, but man, I've been waiting for a map this big since... well, since FPSs began.

Robobeast76
07-30-2010, 12:56 AM
They don't really have much opportunity to release new maps for DLC now they have made Forgeworld - you can pretty much build anything and everything there.

crazy W01f 816
07-30-2010, 02:42 AM
If there isn't a Beaver Creek remake than that's what I want.

nicky6314
07-30-2010, 03:58 AM
They don't really have much opportunity to release new maps for DLC now they have made Forgeworld - you can pretty much build anything and everything there.

The DLC would probably be new forgeworlds, with different terrains and scenery.

Atroxx70
07-30-2010, 04:08 AM
The DLC would probably be new forgeworlds, with different terrains and scenery.

I doubt an entire new Forge World, but I can definitely see new parts like with the Halo3 map pack that had Sandbox in it.

I'm sure there will still be a few DLC maps. As cool as Forge World is, surely it can't do everything. Say for example they wanted to build a map aboard a space station and have windows in it so you could see out into space. I don't see how Forge World could do that.

WhIpLaSh 014
07-30-2010, 04:13 AM
If they still have all of the original game types from Halo 3, and if anyone's imagination fails, they'll make an INFECTION MAP!!!!!

ThaFireman
07-30-2010, 09:19 AM
As cool as Forge World is, surely it can't do everything. Say for example they wanted to build a map aboard a space station and have windows in it so you could see out into space. I don't see how Forge World could do that.
Well, Bungie said it can remake any Halo map, don't go crazy with it haha.

L0rd Tuck3r
07-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Remake... a proper H2 Lockout. :)

Wow... Noob!!!

NomoreNiceGuy
07-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Im gonna make a racing level that challange gravity, with some use of the teleport

Coxy x360a
07-30-2010, 08:15 PM
I doubt I will make much, even though its the aspect which has pushed me into buying tha game. I may make a race track I guess. :D

Agent JFG
07-30-2010, 11:03 PM
It may not be a multiplayer map, but I can't wait to see a great teleporter roller coaster map that utilizes the entire map.

Castlevania1995
07-31-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm planning to make a platform/race kind of map. The spawn is on a platform, then you have to climb your way up (choosing you own route) over walls frozen in the air. First player that reaches the top can hop in a vehicle, aka the hill.

Jetpack is forbidden, to avoid people flying to the top.

CAKE SLAP
08-01-2010, 12:50 PM
im thinking of trying to make a KotH map using the whole forge world, with as many mongooses as possible and a hil on each mongoose, cycling every 5 minute or so,and plasma launchers as weapons
it will probably turn out rubbish, but it looks fun in my head

blackdevil7693
08-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Since they have the new "fixed" mechanism, im gonna create platforms in the air quite high up and give all the players jetpacks and grav hammers, it will be carnage :P :D

GamesB2
08-02-2010, 01:35 PM
If grav lifts come back for scenery I want to phase them into a warthog so you can drive around boosting people onto ledges and stuff.

I will somehow make a gametype round this.

Atroxx70
08-02-2010, 02:29 PM
If grav lifts come back for scenery I want to phase them into a warthog so you can drive around boosting people onto ledges and stuff.

I will somehow make a gametype round this.

This sounds like a great idea. Although to make it work your gametype will have to disallow jetpacks, otherwise what's the point of a gravity lift right? I think there might be an issue with phasing scenery into a movable vehicle though, what happens if the hog get's destroyed? Hope this works though, like I said it sounds like an excellent idea.

Castlevania1995
08-02-2010, 03:00 PM
With a bit of luck, this will allow us to create new weapons! For example a vehicle with a launch thing on the front, I don't know how the spawning of items works but if you can make an explosive barrel spawn at the front of the vehicle, you have a vehicle that automatically fires barrels.

I'm sure people will come up with better ideas, but if this will work it opens up a lot of options.

Atroxx70
08-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Movable scenery would be awesome too, like a rotating platform, or a floorpiece that falls away if you step on it, stuff like that. I'm stuck on this puzzle/platformer idea, lol