PDA

View Full Version : Mile high club disgrace

dave252
07-27-2010, 10:29 PM
This must rank as one of the most pointless achievements in a game ever.

No relation to the story line and so difficult as to make you attempt it many, many, many times.

Boring. Frustrating. Annoying.

You can't even play it with your mates.

Spoiled the game.

Holiday9357
07-28-2010, 12:10 AM
I would suggest you watch as many Youtube videos of this as you can. After watching about 25 videos and immersing myself in the tactics required, I got the achievement on the fifth try. Research is key for a feat like this.

MrEastSide
07-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Just because the achievement is insanely hard doesn't mean it's pointless or stupid. They put it in there for a super hard achievement. It's there for those people who want it bad enough to keep trying for it. I got it after about an hour. If it pisses you off, don't attempt it and move on.

Elevatiionzz
07-30-2010, 03:56 AM
Yeah. this kinda was a pointless achievement thrown in. the level is cool and all, but it has no relation to the story... as said before.

R4ndom Gren4de
07-31-2010, 01:46 AM
It's not too bad. In my opinion, No Fighting in the War Room was harder.

R4ndom Gren4de
07-31-2010, 01:47 AM
Yeah. this kinda was a pointless achievement thrown in. the level is cool and all, but it has no relation to the story... as said before. It must've been thrown in at the last minute. It was pretty cool though.

Kaiyo
07-31-2010, 03:31 AM
Its not pointless.
It created Spec-Ops for MW2.

hardstyla99
08-01-2010, 05:04 AM
It's on there to be a challenge. Do you expect IW to hand you gamerscore on a silver platter?

I don't think that the intel was part of the story, and that's hard to find, and i'm sure everyone who's found them all has used a guide. So if you don't like the achievement, don't try get it.

ExtremeRugburn
08-01-2010, 05:21 AM
It sounds like the OP is just frustrated. I know I am. I gave up on it several months ago, but I intend to come back to it and I will get the achievement someday. This achievement is truely worth achieving as opposed to so many others across many games that require no skill, planning or time. I like challenges and it will feel good when I conquer this one.

ace2ey
08-06-2010, 06:45 PM
I thought it was a fun level. Beating it on veteran was tough, but not impossible. Watching youtube helps, then you have to find your own way through. I mixed things I had seen together to work for me. Also try playing on a lower difficulty to get used to the layout of the level. To me it was like a deleted scene put back in like gow2 did with dlc, and better than the museum in mw2.

oDrPepper
08-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Personally I don't think it's as hard as people make it out to be. Once you learn how to place your flashbangs, you're pretty much sorted.

Blah 2k
08-06-2010, 07:17 PM
While I agree that it is incredibly annoying to get, it's still not pointless. IMO every 360 title should have an achievement that is obviously more difficult to obtain than the one before it.

iiDaRReN316x
08-09-2010, 03:46 AM
Mile high is easy did it 4 times

Mikey1610
08-09-2010, 03:35 PM

No relation to the story line and so difficult as to make you attempt it many, many, many times.

Spoiled the game.

It's not boring, if you wanna play with your mates there's multiplayer, this is an extra little side mission at the end and it didn't spoil the game.

You are just sulking cos you can't do it and have little patience. Yeah it's frustrating but when you crack it, it feels real good and that's why they put this tough little achievement in, to give you a sense of accomplishment when you beat it.

jdtart
08-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I am a completionist, and this achievement makes me so mad. My COD:MW has been at 980 for a very very long time, over a year. I cannot force myself to try for it anymore. The last time I tried, I got to the very end, got over excited and missed the terrorist. I nearly broke the controller.

Mikey1610
08-09-2010, 03:46 PM
I am a completionist, and this achievement makes me so mad. My COD:MW has been at 980 for a very very long time, over a year. I cannot force myself to try for it anymore. The last time I tried, I got to the very end, got over excited and missed the terrorist. I nearly broke the controller.

Just watch a few vids on youtube and it will eventually click. Anybody who can beat the game on veteran can do this with patience. When you get to the terrorist and the clock goes slow-mo, keep straying left and you will get a clear shot of his head.

KNIGHTOFSERA
08-09-2010, 04:03 PM
lol......

Let me just tell you anything, if I can do it.......anyone should be able to

(especially if youve beaten he rest on veteran)

o Christophe o
08-09-2010, 08:00 PM
There is actually a point to this. This mile high club mission is a start to the new Spec Ops on MW2.

blee717
08-10-2010, 04:34 AM
Yeah this started Spec Ops in MW2. This level serves more as an easter egg. They just put that in there for the hell of it. They didn't think it would be so popular.

RAIDERJUNKIE
08-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Personally I kinda liked it, It was really hard and took planning, like people have said just watch some youtube vids and you should get the general idea, I just watched one and then got the achievement pretty quick, once I got it I looked back and realized it was actually pretty fun

x JEREMY18 x
08-26-2010, 04:47 AM
I FINALLY DID IT! Holy shit. Man this mission is so hard. My only advice is just keep at. It's frustrating as hell but eventually you figure out what works and can complete it. I said in a thread that got deleted early that to complete this you would need Marathon, Lightweight, Stopping Power, Sleight of Hand, Commando, Shades from WAW, and an ACR with a Silencer, RED Dot Sight, and Heartbeat sensor but somebody didn't think the thread was worthy some fag said cool story or something gay like that. Hopefully if they make MW3 they might let you customize your weapons you use.

Geezy
08-28-2010, 06:17 AM

Spoiled the game.

Umm how many of those achievments do you play with your mates to get in this game?

Also i found it quite fun and exciting, i just wished there were more of them because it was so short. Honestly if you can't do it after a hour of trying then move on, its not like the world is gonna end if you can't get it.

BLESSED HAMMER
09-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Frustrating? Yes. Boring? Hell no! Only noobs would say that. I'm always up for a challenge. Not everything is easy my friend. Although it had nothing to do w/ the actual story it's still a pretty cool little outro after ending the game. Mile High Club is cool.

Skurvy_Pirate
09-04-2010, 06:19 AM
I enjoyed getting this achievement more than beating the game. The game on veteran was so boring and stupid at times. Where you couldn't actually "play" the game and be tactical. There would just be endless guys. You would just have to run and pray at some points and I thought that was kind of stupid.

This achievement is fun because you have to execute it PERFECTLY to get it and it feels great when you do!

GoBlue13
09-09-2010, 01:20 AM
This was by far my favorite achievement for this game. It is supposed to be hard. The whole point of the achievement is to see who is good enough to get it. Not everyone is going to have the skill it takes to to get this achievement. At one point I read an article in one of the gaming magazine's that said less than 10% of the people who played the game had completed Mile High Club. I'm sure it's more than that now as it's been over a year since I read the article.

York82
09-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Rofl me and a mate played this level for 3 hours yesterday and finally made it on my account (he got it when CoD 4 was new)....
The first time I shot the hostage in the head hihi :uzi:
Though, indeed it is a really nasty level ;)

snowie2005
09-21-2010, 08:13 AM
It's really hard achievement, but youtube videos are helping with it a lot :)

AccidentReport
09-23-2010, 09:04 PM
I won't go so far as to say that it's pointless....very very very VERY hard to the point of not being possible perhaps. I "completed" this game back on 30/01/2008 and have tried for hours on and off over the last couple of years and still cannot get this achievement. I've watched countless videos and played through on various difficulties but there's always something. The flashbang just catches the ceiling and just blinds me...a random single person in the room can somehow still see...I get caught on the invisible hooks along the smooth corridor. I tell you...I should've just traded this game in a long time ago but I'm determined. This determination has already cost me one controller that "accidentally" got thrown out the window (it was open at the time at laest) but I will get it in the end. Either that or have some kind of nervous breakdown or something!

AccidentReport
09-23-2010, 09:06 PM
And for the record...the best I've managed to do is getting killed along the upper corridor just before the corner you turn to go into the last room with the slo-mo shot!

x JEREMY18 x
09-23-2010, 09:33 PM
And for the record...the best I've managed to do is getting killed along the upper corridor just before the corner you turn to go into the last room with the slo-mo shot!
It's not easy but it is possible. Just use your flash bangs at the right time and be alert if your flash bang doesn't blind an enemy take them down quick.

Reverendjc
11-25-2010, 09:26 PM
It requires impressive strategy, executed perfecty at high speed! I say, whats not to love? It might be similar to NFITWR in concept, but I still welcomed another stage that required urgency rather than the slow pace you can use during the majority of the veteran campaign.

As the guy a few posts above says, you'll end up developing your own means for beating the level. I was using a Youtube video, which seemed a little hollow, but at certain points I figured that the guy was making hard work of it and added my own tweaks. How satisfying it is when you finally nail it :)

Another thing, you might find that your skills have improved considerably since you last tried it. I hadn't touched the game for almost two years, but came back to it last night and beat Mile High Club within an hour and a half or so.

Br0kenAssass1n
11-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Not to rub salt in the wounds or anything, but I've done it for myself and 5 friends... =x

Anyway, in the second room, if you throw a flashbang straight away and run and lay down at the wooden barrier, your team will do literally all the hard work in this room... Give it a few seconds after laying down, and then get up. You may need to kill one or two, but you'll still be at the bottom of the stairs with plenty of time. I managed 48 seconds ish once.

Hope this helps.

PS. This is by far the best achievement in the game, don't hate on it because you aren't able to do it yet.

jeffy x360a
11-26-2010, 02:03 AM
i dont get why people get mad over this. i started this game yesterday and flew through the game on easy going for the level specific achieves and intel. as soon as i beat it it through me into the mile high scenario as i knew it would. most of my friends told me this was a bitch of an achieve and a few of them still havent done it or they had someone do it for them. i quit out after it put me on the plane and switched it to veteran and did it in about 90 mins or so. it wasnt very hard once you figure out the placement of the enemies.

EDIT: also a buddy of mine told me after i had done it when you get to the slow mo shot just keep walking forward and to the side. the timer resets and gives you like 5-6 seconds to make the kill shot but the timer is in slow mo too so you can get pretty close before you need to shoot.

veece16
11-26-2010, 02:17 AM
I like this achievement. It shows who has enough patience or skill to get it. It might be hard, but it's an actual achievement, unlike beating Black Ops on veteran.

bwfcskillsinhd
11-28-2010, 11:42 PM
yep cool but frustrating achievement for me.only ppl who cant do it say its pointless.done it a few times now.at the start run past the dude leaving the toilet (youll die 1 time in 3,but so what its the begining & itll save time) then remember from there bear right down the corridor keep moving steadily forward,learn to fire from the hip and dont use flashbangs till your going up stairs.no need for them till then (they cost time too) & once you learn where the enemies are you should make the stairs with 27-30 seconds left,leaving plenty time to get to the hostage.believe it or not the first FIVE times i made it to the room i shot the hostage lol.kept panacking & clockwatching

MigrantAleXx
12-05-2010, 07:02 AM
I just beat it, all it took was skill and stratergy while thinking on your feet. the most important thing to remember is stay cool you'll stuff up more if your angry / frustrated.

jules the great
12-07-2010, 07:09 PM
i never got it but man did i try, gave up after maybe 50 attempts. Wouldnt call it pointless tho.

Quasi Mojo
12-09-2010, 08:18 PM
I have to say, as hard and as frustrating as mile high club is, it is possible my favourite achievement to date.....such a sense of accomplishment once it finally popped.... :) and it took many many tries..

niko da bos
12-20-2010, 05:58 PM

this post made me laugh so hard. that sound like something i would do, keep trying and hopefully youll get it bro

B0seiju
12-20-2010, 06:48 PM
If tried it over 3 days I think more then 100 or even 150 times. Most of the time I just did 10 plays and then went back to youtube. For me the trick was finding a good filled shotgun and shoot every chair in the plane, so any terrorist behind it would be deadmeat. And the feeling of achieving this (that's why it's an achievement) was great.

Wavescope
12-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Very annoying but does feel like you properly earned the achievement when you complete it.

xTeTx ScarFace
12-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Just keep trying.

Remember to switch to pistol in the last corridor en sprint for it, this helped me out.

judd90
12-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Lol you really think this spoiled the game?

If so you mustn't like the game much as nothing can ruin COD4. Its a bonus level, many games have them.

I think you just mad you can't do it in under 1 minute...

Tufty
12-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Firstly, it was originally developed to be part of the prologue, to show off your team.

I disagree about it ruining the game, after a few goes it's not that hard, and it was a fun to get, and I'm glad that unlocking it gave me my first 1000G.

niko da bos
12-28-2010, 09:39 PM
yaa. this achievement is lame as balls. i got it for the old gamertag, and no way im putting in this game again just to die a bunch of times..

Toxiz
12-29-2010, 03:29 AM
Flashbangs are your life in this, that and hellbent luck and skill

Zhaer
12-29-2010, 05:38 AM
I found this achievement mildly frustrating. Especially when the flash bangs don't affect the enemies at times. For me this was way easier than getting the veteran achievement for "one shot, one kill"... I hate that mission with a passion.

niko da bos
12-29-2010, 05:15 PM
I found this achievement mildly frustrating. Especially when the flash bangs don't affect the enemies at times. For me this was way easier than getting the veteran achievement for "one shot, one kill"... I hate that mission with a passion.

ya that one was a lame. if you still are trying to get this lvl done its easier if you go all the way to the right, (past the ferris wheel) and chill out in the corner using the carousel as cover.

this should make getting to the finale (where you have to carry him thru 23475832523 bullets) fairly easier. although i have no hints for getting that part done, its just luck if you dont get shot enuf to die :P

Johnny BeeBop
12-30-2010, 01:25 AM
A Great achievement to a Great Title

Took me ages to get it, was just so frustrating, was the last one to get - just ignored it for about a year - then did it within 20 minutes quite easily - weird.

Personally think it's almost the perfect achievement. Comes at the end of the game. Is Rock hard. Most importantly does not involve a lifelong grind - GOW i'm looking at you - or excessive online chievos.

COD4 I think is still the game that others have to match - was the perfect combination of campaign & multiplayer.

Play it over MW2 and BLOPS any day.

baker
12-31-2010, 11:05 AM
I started playing Modern Warfare again a couple of days ago after realising my gamerscore was only 600 odds for the game.

Knew I could improve on that. Finished off all my Veteran campaign missions and collected all the intel yesterday leaving my with only one achievement..this one.

I was up half the night trying to do it and ended up giving up after at least 100 attempts.

Got up early this morning and had another go at it and after getting to the VIP twice and not being able to shoot the terrorist I finally got it on the third attempt.

Such a hard frustrating achievement and I'm so glad I got it to get me 1000 gamerscore for Modern Warfare.

Placing your flashbangs is the most important tactic on this mission IMO.

And a massive tip for anyone who gets to the Vip. When the timer starts counting down dont aim straight away,walk towards the terrorist then aim with about one second left. This gives you a massive advantage with your aim when taking him out.

Dont give up on it its hard but keep at it and you will get it. Good Luck.

Optomistic
01-30-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm actually looking forward to doing this level. Just finished One shot, one kill on veteran. Yowzaa that was hard. Until I found out that to make this level easy, i just camped between the V shaped tree on the radiation line.

Optomistic
02-02-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm glad they put this cheevo in, b'cos it'll make getting 1000 for this so much more satisfying, and I can also drop this into conversation "I got mile high club..." Some peeps will stare blankly, but for those that know, they'll smile back and say "aaah, yes, that one."

FearDak1D Fr3zh
02-15-2011, 08:19 AM
I love mile high club!

FearDak1D Fr3zh
02-15-2011, 08:21 AM
fuck the mates mate. monsters dont have sidekicks

Live4joy
03-11-2011, 09:24 AM
A very fun achievement. I tried it several times now, still unsuccesful, but I'll get back to it once I've finished the campaign on veteran (3 missions to go, almost there!).
It's been said before, this achievement is a nice 'cherry on top' for your 1000 points. And if it actually was the starting point for Special Ops in MW2, then even more cheer for this final part of the game!

Robert Styles
03-13-2011, 04:06 AM
It must've been thrown in at the last minute. It was pretty cool though.

Actually, it was one of the first