PDA

View Full Version : DLC Code

mass
07-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Am I the only one not to recive a code or anyone else out there not got one??

:uzi::locked

DarthSoth
07-27-2010, 11:49 PM
I haven't received my code yet but the video did say July 28th so . . .

TRICKY1976
07-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Maybe u should have read this thread before starting a pointless poll!!!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=247437

mass
07-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Maybe u should have read this thread before starting a pointless poll!!!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=247437

If its so pointless then why are people using it, I wanted a tally so I could write to Microsoft about it and have realistic numbers

TRICKY1976
07-28-2010, 01:01 PM
If its so pointless then why are people using it, I wanted a tally so I could write to Microsoft about it and have realistic numbers

Just saying its pointless as majority of US players got codes yesterday and hopefully us UK players get ours today! i dont think a poll is gonna make a differance to microsoft!!

Hircarnil
07-28-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm still waiting on my code too.
I can't remember where I read it but one source said it might take up until tomorrow for some people to get their codes.
Personally I think microsoft really dropped the ball on this one.

Nlkuysdf
07-28-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm still waiting on my code too.
I can't remember where I read it but one source said it might take up until tomorrow for some people to get their codes.
Personally I think Microsoft really dropped the ball on this one.

Why? Microsoft didn't put in a code for the DLC in the game case. That was Remedy. And Microsoft didn't put the code onto your console to redeem a video knowing that the DLC was not out yet and that you would receive an email at a later time. That was you.

Everyone should have known they were gambling when they put that code in that they might not get the email right away. That was a chance you took. Was the video worth waiting a few more days? That's what the poll should really be.

mmartynn
07-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Why? Microsoft didn't put in a code for the DLC in the game case. That was Remedy. And Microsoft didn't put the code onto your console to redeem a video knowing that the DLC was not out yet and that you would receive an email at a later time. That was you.

Everyone should have known they were gambling when they put that code in that they might not get the email right away. That was a chance you took. Was the video worth waiting a few more days? That's what the poll should really be.

erm.. itll be microsoft going thro sending the email, microsoft sending the code. oh and itll be you downloading from microsofts server...

and no, still no code and its almost 4pm

TRICKY1976
07-28-2010, 02:57 PM
And the card didnt actually say DO NOT USE YET!! just said do not discard so there was no gamble involved!!

Poppygalaxy
07-28-2010, 03:02 PM

How the hell should we know that? I know for myself i don't check if the DLC is out or not. They did NOT put any warning that you should wait to redeemed it, so yeah.
on another note, they shouldn't be available to use it before the DLC was out. so this wouldn't be a problem.

Nlkuysdf
07-28-2010, 03:08 PM
erm.. itll be microsoft going thro sending the email, microsoft sending the code. oh and itll be you downloading from microsofts server...

and no, still no code and its almost 4pm
yea..... so it's Microsoft's fault you input the code early? Right.....

And the card didnt actually say DO NOT USE YET!! just said do not discard so there was no gamble involved!!
Well people who didn't input the code before where able to download the DLC Monday; the people who input the code before weren't able to download it until Tuesday, and some still haven't been able to, so there was a gamble involved. Whether you were aware of it or not is a totally different story. There are posts from people saying they would not redeem the code in fear or not being able to play the DLC right away, so obviously they were aware of the gamble.

Nlkuysdf
07-28-2010, 03:15 PM
How the hell should we know that? I know for myself i don't check if the DLC is out or not. They did NOT put any warning that you should wait to redeemed it, so yeah.
on another note, they shouldn't be available to use it before the DLC was out. so this wouldn't be a problem.

Well you might wanna start with that. The warning should be that the DLC is not out so why redeem the code? Many people posted in this forum that they would not redeem their code for a video because they weren't 100% sure they would get another code for the DLC. There was even a discussion as to how they would get your email. That alone told me there might be a problem so I held on to my code.

And if you don't check if DLC is out or not then you obviously have not been impatiently waiting for this DLC so you shouldn't care when they send you an email.

mmartynn
07-28-2010, 07:30 PM
yea..... so it's Microsoft's fault you input the code early? Right....

well yeh cus the DLC card in the LE edition says: "extra downloadable content" it doesnt say anywhere "do not use till x date"

TRICKY1976
07-28-2010, 07:57 PM
well yeh cus the DLC card in the LE edition says: "extra downloadable content" it doesnt say anywhere "do not use till x date"

My point exactly all it says is extra DLC and do not discard!!

Nlkuysdf
07-28-2010, 08:00 PM
My point exactly all it says is extra DLC and do not discard!!

I understand that, but how is that Microsoft's fault? They didn't put the code in the box. Blame remedy for not breaking it down and explaining fully that the code for DLC shouldn't be used until there is DLC.

HentaiGuy42
07-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Oops...I actually had a code, but completely forgot about it in the months since I bought the game. Oh well, I'm out 560 points

master_shake_350
07-28-2010, 09:41 PM
I bought the game new and never got the code inside it. :( for old game boxes on the shelf.

Barad
07-28-2010, 10:26 PM
No I did not :(

mmartynn
07-28-2010, 10:35 PM
I understand that, but how is that Microsoft's fault? They didn't put the code in the box. Blame remedy for not breaking it down and explaining fully that the code for DLC shouldn't be used until there is DLC.

mircosoft would of had to of printed the codes off and sent em to remedy. due to them all being unique 25 digit code.
if it was a 20 digit code (like the unique codes EA give out) then it would be remedys fault

TheSunmaker
07-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the code cards are handled by Microsoft and not Remedy.

So I don't think it's fair if any is mad at Remedy, once it gets to dlc all game developers seem to be at the mercy of Microsoft and XBL.

I think they just dropped the ball on this one, and in doing so annoyed a lot of people.

DarthSoth
07-28-2010, 11:33 PM
I just got off the phone with Microsoft. Apparently there was an update and those of us who haven't received the code yet should expect them by the 2nd of August, so by next Monday. If you haven't received the code via e-mail by then then you should give microsoft a call and they will have to sort it out for you.

So we will have to wait a few more days to play the DLC. Not a big deal. I mean, it's already been a couple months so 4 more days isn't much of a problem for me.

VladimirK
07-29-2010, 03:24 AM
Just a small idea to throw in to all of this btw since I can't help but notice all the comments above...
Instead of blaming Remedy or MS, why not blame your own lack of common sense rather than trying to find a scapegoat? :)

Put it this way, what one makes more sense from the below?
"Hmm, the DLC is not out, I think I'll pass on redeeming a code for said DLC that isn't out yet."
or
"Oohhh, code in case! Redeem! Wait... Bloody MS/Remedy making me redeem that code!"

Nlkuysdf
07-29-2010, 05:40 AM
Just a small idea to throw in to all of this btw since I can't help but notice all the comments above...
Instead of blaming Remedy or MS, why not blame your own lack of common sense rather than trying to find a scapegoat? :)

"Hmm, the DLC is not out, I think I'll pass on redeeming a code for said DLC that isn't out yet."
or
"Oohhh, code in case! Redeem! Wait... Bloody MS/Remedy making me redeem that code!"
Lol, great minds and all that jazz.

But but but, microsoft put it my box after Microsoft printed letters on cardboard and they didn't tell me to not put it in the redeem code screen.

mmartynn
07-29-2010, 07:59 AM
some people, yes it is their own fault for using it.

tho some people where probly the unlucky ones (like me) that got the game early (wednesday instead of friday) and saw that it was a DLC code. no-one had posted on the net yet saying dont use em, and as far as i was aware, it seemed like another one of them codes for extra stuff (like mass effecs cerberus, or somethin like the midnight club in sabotur)...

dont matter now tho, i got my code this morning XD

Hratgard
07-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Finally got mine so I'm happy.

DarthSoth
07-30-2010, 02:58 AM

or

I used the first code when I bought the game, and I got the new dlc code via e-mail. It really doesn't matter if you put the original one in yesterday or 2 months ago you should get the content for free at some point. Hardly a lack of common sense by inputing the code when you got the game. It has a video telling you about the DLC, when it comes out and when to expect the code to be sent to you. You should be put on the e-mailing list regardless of when you input the code. Why exactly would it make any difference when you input the code anyway? It is in your history regardless of when you put it in.

People need to calm down a bit. As I stated above, microsoft moved the delivery date to by Monday. If you put the code in you will get the DLC. If not then call microsoft and they will sort you out after Monday. It is not the end of the world if you don't get it day one.