PDA

View Full Version : Get it now or wait?

Juzt Skillz
07-27-2010, 11:03 PM
So I just came back from my cousin's house and he had introduced me to Super Street. It was awesome so fun to play. But I am wondering should I get it now or wait until they come out with another one. Also if it is worth getting now is a fight pad necessary? Because I had a hard time using supers and ultras.

xCobalt
07-27-2010, 11:23 PM
I believe Super will be the last version of SF4. Might as well get it since it isn't expensive to begin with.

It doesn't really matter what you use. If you're just playing this casually, the xbox controller is fine. It's what I use and I do fine with it.

UK Dennis
07-28-2010, 12:08 AM
SInce it is only around 15 now, i would say go for it. The next one will probably be the Street Fighter X Tekken, and that is not out until next year (i think).

As for the fight pad, give it some time and you will be able to pull off the easy ultras like second nature. I would only buy it if you have some extra cash spare and you want to use it. It may take a bit longer to get used to, depending on the time spent using the controller.

Skode
07-28-2010, 12:11 AM
The game is cheap brand new so i would highly reccomend giving the game a go... i would not reccomend the fight pad yet though - try the game and see how much you enjoy it as if you find its not your thing after a week you will wasted all that extra money on a fight pad you will have rarely used.

Dennoman
07-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Why the hell would you wait? It's 25 dollars brand new, so if you haven't bought it by now, you don't really want it and you're looking for excuses and wasting our valuable time and this sentence is too long and...

:sad:

NSL HEADTIME
07-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Get it now its quite cheap i dunno about the stick though but it is fun to use SSF4 with the stick becuase it feels like your playing it at the arcade well it does for me anyway. :P

Deadly Moves
07-28-2010, 12:08 PM
If you liked it, i'd get now. It not very expensive and loads of fun to play with friends.

And a fight stick isnt a must. A handfull of the top players in the world use 360 pads

If your struggling with Ultras/Supers, you may be mashing the motions too fast. you dont have to do the input fast as you may think. And with any Street Fighter game. Its all about practice

BigApple3AM
07-28-2010, 03:25 PM
I don't think Capcom will release another retail version of SFIV. If they add anything, it will probably be via DLC.

So you're good to go on getting SUPER.

The madcatz pads are great for street fighter, any 2D game on XBLA, and the turbo buttons are great for grinding out dumb achievements in certain games (like game room).

Juzt Skillz
07-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Why the hell would you wait? It's 25 dollars brand new, so if you haven't bought it by now, you don't really want it and you're looking for excuses and wasting our valuable time and this sentence is too long and...

:sad:

Great thanks for your helpful post. /end sarcasm

Dennoman
07-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Great thanks for your helpful post. /end sarcasm
No, thank you for your thread that greatly benefits all involved. :):):):):)

Do people seriously have NO spine whatsoever when it comes to making decisions these days?

Deadly Moves
07-28-2010, 09:26 PM
No, thank you for your thread that greatly benefits all involved. :):):):):)

Do people seriously have NO spine whatsoever when it comes to making decisions these days?
I dont know.. i think i can make my own decisions, can i? ;)