PDA

View Full Version : Run on Sentence Froze

jeffy x360a
07-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Man i was mad i did run on sentence and fast and furious. After i beat it it froze on the screen saying loading. i was about to smash my 360. I ejected the tray then push it to make the tray go back in and it put me on the dashboard as usual. i restarted alan wake and the damn achieve popped on the main menu. i was happy. so if this happens to anyone else try doing what i did and it may pop. just thought id give a heads up.

Vulx
07-28-2010, 05:55 PM
i posted this in another thread... had this exact same problem.

a couple others i think have had it too. starting to look like a known glitch.

MarleyMon81
07-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Same happened to me last night. Luckily Fast and Furious had already popped and I wasn't going for Run on yet. I had to re-start and of course do the entire ending over again even with the achievement already unlocked.

Glad to know it's not a potential problem with my Box.

xI MrBubbles Ix
07-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Same happened to me but luckily I wasnt going for those acheivos but after completing the ending my screen went black for ages but the saving icon was still spinning around in the corner although after 15 mins it was still on the same screen so I dashoboarded it .

nostendorp
07-29-2010, 07:36 PM
just happened to me, did what OP said and it popped at main menu, thanks!

TheFalcon
07-29-2010, 07:46 PM
This pile of shit DLC has frozen on me twice at the end while going for this. Once when I destroyed the 2nd set of TVs and once when it was loading the ending cutscene. I did what the OP said and no achievement at main menu.

This is horse shit, fix your fucking game Remedy. I've earned this achievement 2 times now.

Darksheik
07-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Same here. Jeez...

Thanks for the tip anyway.

Ruble
07-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Probably not the best time to say I got this, 'Fast and Furious' and 'Cardboard Companion' in one playthrough.

One common cause of the glitch I've seen is that most of the people who've experienced it pressed 'B' to skip the song at the end when it says 'End of Special One'. I didn't skip it and just let the song play, which only took a minute of my precious time, and it didn't freeze for me.

Long story short, don't skip the song in the 'To Be Continued/End of Special One' screen, and you'll more than likely not have this problem.

Nlkuysdf
07-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Probably not the best time to say I got this, 'Fast and Furious' and 'Cardboard Companion' in one playthrough.

One common cause of the glitch I've seen is that most of the people who've experienced it pressed 'B' to skip the song at the end when it says 'End of Special One'. I didn't skip it and just let the song play, which only took a minute of my precious time, and it didn't freeze for me.

Long story short, don't skip the song in the 'To Be Continued/End of Special One' screen, and you'll more than likely not have this problem.
Mine just froze after beating the boat. Motherfucking stupid ass shit. You hotta be kidding me. Restart and no achievement. God damn I gotta go through this shit again.

TheFalcon
07-30-2010, 04:11 AM
Mine just froze after beating the boat. Motherfucking stupid ass shit. You hotta be kidding me. Restart and no achievement. God damn I gotta go through this shit again.

I had to do it 3 times :uzi:

I got it to work by doing the old Bioshock 2 trick; turn off notifications. Don't know if that actually worked, but it's what I do to fix that game's freezing. I also let all the cutscene play out, including the end song. Sucks that I technically did this achievement 3 times, but it all worked out in the end.

Nlkuysdf
07-30-2010, 04:18 AM
I had to do it 3 times :uzi:

I got it to work by doing the old Bioshock 2 trick; turn off notifications. Don't know if that actually worked, but it's what I do to fix that game's freezing. I also let all the cutscene play out, including the end song. Sucks that I technically did this achievement 3 times, but it all worked out in the end.

Gonna try that tonight. Sucks because I'm a completionist so I'm gonna keep trying until I get it. Wish I could just say fuck it and just go on to the next game.

LethalEdge
07-30-2010, 08:15 AM
I was reading on Trueachievements.com (http://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=102631#vch) that if you run too fast to the TV after defeating the boat and then skipping the cutscenes if causes the game to freeze for some reason. :/

So when I was going for the achievement I just walked up to the TV slowly and then watched the end cut-scenes without skipping, and then the achievement unlocked.

TR3NCHED
07-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Wish I could just say fuck it and just go on to the next game. lmao. Completely agree with this. Im like OCD for completion, my friends dont understand, they just think in an achievement wh*re. I wish it were that simple.

Anyway, i have the DLC downloaded but havent got to play it yet. I work at a rental sotre, so i get my rentals free, so im waiting for it to get returned but they're all overdue somehow :mad:

Spot2009
07-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Mine froze when I hit the set of TVs with a flaregun lol... Screen went bright white and sounds looped. Damnit...

Tyger7
07-30-2010, 11:16 PM
The DLC freezes in general. Like if you die and want to quit to menu, it will show a loading screen but won't actually get back to the menu. My guess is it's just a poor implementation on the programming side.

TartanSpartan17
08-02-2010, 10:44 PM
For me the achievement popped up but hasn't given me the gamerpoints. When i click on Alan Wake in my profile it says I have 58 out of 58 but only shows 1200 Gamerscore. Will I have to play it again?

chach7171
08-06-2010, 02:54 PM
This DLC has frozen on me a total of 5 times now three times in alan's apartment while talking to zane or shortly after dropping into the apart. Once watching the mirror that Zane initially talks to you through and finally last night it froze while using blast furnace's to kill taken. Oh and the best part...my dashboard has frozen and done the full static screen with static sound numerous times after resetting my 360! I've resolved to NEVER try this DLC again all i'm missing is run on sentence but I've gotta assume there's a legitimate programming bug not even a glitch in the DLC i've played other games inbetween Alan's DLC and not had this issue, really REALLY piss poor execution by Remedy, i've posted numerous threads on the Alan wake website and Remedy's and i'm not trying to complete the DLC until they acknowledge and resolve the issue. Such a waste of a really fun gameplay experience...then I found out Remedy worked with Rockstar on this game....friggin figures it'd glitch!

ofay
08-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Be careful reloading your flaregun right as it explodes the tvs at the very end, the second set made my xbox freeze up showing static. Luckly I wasn't doing run on

Dr Sartan
08-25-2010, 12:34 AM
The same thing happen to me twice when going for the Run-On Sentence achievement. After defeating the boat at the end and running past where it had been, my screen went black and froze before the final cut scene triggered. Guess what? No achievement, even after popping the disc and returning to the dashboard.

After reading the posts here, I decided to make a third (and final) attempt at it. I turned off xbox notifications (suggested by TheFalcon) and intended to walk, not run, past the boat after defeating it (suggested by LethalEdge). When I got to the end and defeated the boat, I was close to where it had been but very low on health (#$%@! flying books), so decided to stay put until color returned to the world. Before that happened though, the final cut scene started. I did not skip it, nor the final song. I even let all the credits roll (just for good measure) until the start screen appeared. When I checked my achievement list, Run-On Sentence was there. Because notifications were turned off, I don't know where in the process it unlocked...I was just happy it finally did. I'm not sure this will help those whose game freezes before defeating the boat, but I hope this helps at least some people.

DeathStarkill
08-25-2010, 01:27 PM
For me the achievement popped up but hasn't given me the gamerpoints. When i click on Alan Wake in my profile it says I have 58 out of 58 but only shows 1200 Gamerscore. Will I have to play it again?

Just delete your profile (NOT the items associated with it) and then RECOVER your gamertag...it should be fixed after that

DeathStarkill
08-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Man i was mad i did run on sentence and fast and furious. After i beat it it froze on the screen saying loading. i was about to smash my 360. I ejected the tray then push it to make the tray go back in and it put me on the dashboard as usual. i restarted alan wake and the damn achieve popped on the main menu. i was happy. so if this happens to anyone else try doing what i did and it may pop. just thought id give a heads up.

This worked for me...did it just like you said. TY

xDemii
09-04-2010, 07:06 PM
The same thing happen to me twice when going for the Run-On Sentence achievement. After defeating the boat at the end and running past where it had been, my screen went black and froze before the final cut scene triggered. Guess what? No achievement, even after popping the disc and returning to the dashboard.

Just happened to me, not very impressed as its the last thing i need, But glad to find out its not just me. I did the same thing, running past the boat on low health think ill try walk past the boat....

Eternaltriumph
09-05-2010, 05:41 PM
I had to do it three times. It is INDEED glitched.

HOW TO AVOID THE GLITCH!

Two easy steps, and a third I can't confirm if it helps.

First, DO NOT run past the boat. Ever. All my friends who ran past it with the preq's for "Run on sentance" locked up and were furious. DO NOT run past it. LET the final boss finish his speech...the cutscene will play automatically even if you DO NOT move after finishing the boat.

Secondly, turn off your xbox notifications. I had some random ass dude log on who I helped with an achievement once just after the boat and it froze me. I stared at his name for about 30 seconds hoping he catches SARS before returning to dashboard.

The third, optional one is don't skip any scenes. Not the song, not the final cutscene. I don't know if this helped, but you get your achievement BEFORE the credits roll (or at latest at the very start)

Using this method, you WILL NOT SEE your cheeve pop. However, don't blow a fuse...just remember you have notifications off! Just check your profile as the credits roll and enjoy never having to do it over. :)

CDEagle147A
09-13-2010, 02:46 PM
while trying to get this cheevo, my game went to a blank screen after destroying the boat at the end, i gave it about 5 minits, ejected the game and it went to the dash board . still on 1200g .

im not gonna attempt this acheevment again till remedy update the game.

actually this run on sentence isnt as hard as i thought it would be. once u get used to some of the tough areas - i.e run your ass off thru the blinking telegraph pole woods! its just a sham it has a major bug at the end, but it only glitches if you havent died, when i did it.

amacteur
09-14-2010, 07:54 AM
I managed to get this achievement w/o any problems.

I only did what Eternaltriumph said above: "DO NOT run past the boat". As soon as I defeated him, I didn't move and wait for the cutscene. The cheevo popped up cupple of seconds after.

Hope this helps.

Luebbi
10-18-2010, 07:41 PM
I just finished the Writer without any problems and tried to get this last achievement... and had it freeze on the first set of TV's. Sucks :(

F Swan
10-18-2010, 11:05 PM
I just got it, I turned off notifications which I heard can cause the game to crash. I also let all the end music play out till it finished just in case.

x FLA5H x
10-25-2010, 10:50 AM
while trying to get this cheevo, my game went to a blank screen after destroying the boat at the end, i gave it about 5 minits, ejected the game and it went to the dash board . still on 1200g .

im not gonna attempt this acheevment again till remedy update the game.

actually this run on sentence isnt as hard as i thought it would be. once u get used to some of the tough areas - i.e run your ass off thru the blinking telegraph pole woods! its just a sham it has a major bug at the end, but it only glitches if you havent died, when i did it.

Lol I thought I would have been the only one this happened to aswell. Stupid freeze got me at the end of a successful run aswell. I paused for a moment after defeating the boat and then ran forward and....'blackness'.
Next time I ran forward immediately after defeating boat and all worked ok!

Nah96
11-11-2010, 03:32 PM
This pile of shit DLC has frozen on me twice at the end while going for this. Once when I destroyed the 2nd set of TVs and once when it was loading the ending cutscene. I did what the OP said and no achievement at main menu.

This is horse shit, fix your fucking game Remedy. I've earned this achievement 2 times now.
This EXACT same thing just happened to me. This achievement is almost not worth getting now.

amacteur
11-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Have you followed the walkthrough I posted HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=258379) ?

Leviathan1348
11-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Same problem here.

But, at my first try i died in the middle of the game. But i even played til the end. Destroyed the boat and run towards the TV - no freeze.
The second run worked well and i finished it without dying but got the freeze. Open - close - restart doesnīt worked here :(

Besides the lost nerves and the 50 GS itīs a annoying. At least, when i payed for the game i want a full working title. I hope they fix it.

Leviathan1348
11-17-2010, 07:58 PM
So, another try and i have it now :woop:

I skiped all sequenzes and i also used the flaregun for the TVīs. Just killed the boat with the flashlight and the torches. After the boat was done i dont moved and i also did not skiped the endsequenzes. I got the achievement at the beginning of the credits.

Baihu1983
11-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Never had any problems with this one. Finished the DLC and it popped up. No Freezing or anything.

Pork Chopz
11-25-2010, 05:44 AM
wow this happned to me and waited at least 15 minutes till exiting out.....read that 4 sum people it poped up once they went back 2 the game hopefully it does 4 me because even though its really not that hard i always find a way 2 die

Armstrong x360a
12-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Oh boy... I sure hope this doesn't happen to me, I've already had to try several times (due to silly mistakes in different places each time) and am a bit disappointed with the replay "value" at this point...

Combat Wombat
01-23-2011, 07:42 PM
WOW. I was at the end, shot the tv with my flare, and my screen froze and went white. FUCK

BSG Viper Jock
02-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Was just going for my Run on Sentence/Fast and Furious and the game froze white after I fired my 3rd flaregun into the TVs. I turned off my Xbox and got back on, game loaded at the pre-boss checkpoint but only Fast and Furious popped up. Bloody annoying, but at least if you sprint through the DLC and just be a little bit free and easy with the shottie ammo it only takes about an hour.

The Filthy Goat
02-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Got the freeze up on the ending cutscene and got robbed. After a few more tries and stupid deaths, I did it again with the notifications off and got it. What a pain.

sorta
02-06-2011, 01:46 AM
Mine froze when I hit the set of TVs with a flaregun lol... Screen went bright white and sounds looped. Damnit...

this just happened to me. argh

xXSerialXx
02-07-2011, 08:51 PM

thank you so much for that post!!!!!!
man i was so happy that i made it through the dlc without dying and then
in the end the loading screen froze! i was about to destroy my xbox lol
good that i did nothing and first checked the forum. thanks a ton!! :)

alogde
05-28-2013, 05:01 PM
So im guessing they haven't fixed the freezing issue, the first run through i went the misc cheevs and it did not freeze, second runthrough that i did, i died near the books and thought id just try to get to the end without dying, i did and it froze after i ent to the last tv but i managed to get fast and furious in that run through, after reading this post i tried with notifications off and after killing the boat i waited for the dialogue to finish but after killing the boat after a few sentences of the dialogue, the screen went blank and froze again? I cant even be arsed playing it again now eventhough it isn't that hard, i switched it back on to see if id get it at main menu, but didn't! Wish it wasn't glitched or whatever it is