PDA

View Full Version : Replaying to get missed item - checkpoints?

KRS
07-28-2010, 07:07 PM
So even though I am using the color coded collectible guide, in Episode 2 I missed a thermos just before a scene where you fall to a lower point on the map and can't backtrack (I could see the freaking thermos, but there was no way to climb back up to it).

Will I have to play through all of Episode 2 again to get the thermos, or does the game ever let you load up particular checkpoints within an episode?

Not sure if I am going to do the Nightmare playthrough, else I'd get the thermos then.

Teppelin
07-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Gotta replay from the beginning unfortunately. I had the same thing happen to me on Nightmare for the Anderson farm manuscript. Bleh.

KRS
07-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Gotta replay from the beginning unfortunately. I had the same thing happen to me on Nightmare for the Anderson farm manuscript. Bleh.

Dang. Ah well, it's only halfway through the level, so I can deal.

/hate it when games that have autosave don't allow sufficient backtracking

ViRaLuNdEaD
07-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Yeah, unfortunately you never get the option to load up certain checkpoints, though it would have been nice.

I did figure out one thing though. In several areas where they drop you off a ledge (which seems to be their way of not letting you back track) sometimes you can get some environmental object, like a barrel, and roll it over and use it to climb up. I did that with the thermos just before the train.