PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to get Lock It Down?

WarDawg65
07-28-2010, 08:09 PM
What is the easiest way to get this achievement?

BSC YoungBoy
07-28-2010, 08:28 PM
two controllers, have a friend throw it to receiver you are covering

WarDawg65
07-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Good idea.

XH1tmanBrosX
07-31-2010, 10:55 PM
good idea.. it worked well for me tyvm

Operator0311
08-04-2010, 03:41 AM
Is there any way to do it with one controller?

iincrdblhlk
08-06-2010, 12:28 AM
I think the easiest way was create a CB in RTG I seriously got it in my first game

Operator0311
08-06-2010, 06:05 PM
I tried the RTG thing and the CPU would never throw it my way. I got in a random game with a CB.

illwittdeez
08-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Take whatever team you are playing against go to coaching philosophy and turn up the slider to make them pass more then turn up the computers pass blocking and qb accuracy

Operator0311
08-09-2010, 06:48 PM
I got it but it was all luck.

kiskit
08-09-2010, 08:58 PM
I did w/ 2 controllers but upped QB accuracy & OL player blockin skills. Then just threw to certain player every time w/ 2nd controller & caught with 1st controller on 3rd try.

I am beginning to wonder if it's somewhat glitched as I am doing this game on a backup acct & I cannot get this one achievement. So it's a thought. I am doing everything the same & turned the speed diffs to max diff, turned off auto-swipe passes etc. Using same teams, same stats on players etc.

kiskit
08-10-2010, 01:56 AM
disregard my above post. I had the 2nd team route running n the 90-range. I knocked the range in the 50-60 range. Also as before I used the following for "house rules":
skill: freshman
inj & fatigue: off
playclock: off
coachtips: off
game speed: fast
player min speed threshold: all the to LEFT (this is important especially for running ur TD on the pick 6.)
all penalties: off
I left custom ai settings at default 50

for the teams I made my CB 99 including catching, catching in traffic speed, jumping in addition to all the defensive attributes. I found it easier if not all ur snack mates are not as fast as ur CB (I use the one lined up on R side of screen but doesn't matter).

I set up opposing team qb with speed of 20, agile 72, aware 22, elusive 99, spin 99, juke 82, carry 77, jump 82, throw power 94, throw accuracy 60. Most others on qb:0. He has a overall 41 rating

opposing receivers: speed, hit tackle & all catching & skills related: 0 set up at least 4 receivers like this & put them top 4 of depth chart.

Opp O-line: speed, strength, awareness, hit, tackle, pursuit: 0 then I maxed all their pass blocking skills to 99.
----
use 2 controllers. Kick off to 2nd team. Defensive set: I used "quarter, 3 Deep" this will buy your slow offense guys time to run their play with only the nose trying to get to qb. The 2 DE's stay by the outside unless qb leaves pocket.

Click on the R thumbstick for ur 2nd controller to b able to use " Advanced formations" then use bumper buttons til u see "run" then scroll with Left stick to the pass sections & down to Hail Mary. I chose the 1 with them all going straight downfield & then changed the route of the WR next to the one I am trying to guard. I put the RB in a route away from the highlighted play too. Then with each of my defensive players except the d-line I crowded all of them to the opposite side of the CB I am using. With using the CB on R of screen he should be the very last guy u can move. I left him where he lined up & clicked on him to lock on him.

The receiver opp him should be the B receiver. As soon as I hike the ball with 2nd controller I hit A on 1st controller so the CB will run with the B receiver. Wait a few seconds then throw a lob pass to B rec. Then it's a matter of timing the catch. If u have done the earlier settings, running back for the 6 points should b the easy part.

I cannot move my 4th finger on ny left hand due to injury & I have been able to get this cheevo in all the NCAA or Madden games as needed at least once & sometimes like this year I've done it twice. So if u can get 2 controllers it should be easy if u place ur controllers in easy to button press locations ;)

if nothing else have a friend or relative hit the a & b button when u tell them on team # 2.

I didn't write every step last time so I figured if I got this again I would write it out step by step. Hope this helps.

Operator0311
08-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Thank you. Now I just need the soft commit and the convince a player 95 or above to stay.

Eggnogga
08-12-2010, 11:53 PM
This isn't working for me. I've returned 3 interceptions for touchdowns and nothing. It won't let me lock on.

I'm using the 2 controller method. Before the snap I hit the LT button (defense) and click UP for pass and then "X" to lock onto that receiver, but nothing happens. It doesn't lock onto him. I hit "A" for offense, then immediately hit "A" for my defensive player to lock on. Throw it to the "X" receiver, pick it off, run it back, and no achievement.

Am I doing something wrong?? Why won't it act like i'm locking onto that receiver when I hit the "LT" & then "X"???

***EDIT*** Sorry!! You hit the "LS" to lock on, not LT. Ooops. My bad. First play after figuring this out, I got it! hah