PDA

View Full Version : VNV Nation

Scythie
07-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Are they're any fans of VNV Nation here? They're a pretty unheard of group here in the UK. They are based in germany and have a very unique style. I adore there music and have done for many years and have been lucky enough to see them 3 times.

Was wondering if there were any fans. If not, then anyone with a very open mind should check them out. It's hard to pin point a description of the style and genre. It's electro, dance with elements of more..gothic style. I can't even explain it very well myself lol. Every song seems to sound so different and each album seems totally new and unbelievable. The music can range from peaceful and slow, to heavy dance to heavy electro and anthems, all with combinations of each.

I would love for some people to check them out and enjoy it. Spreading the world of my favourite band/group.

Not to mention all the singing is meaningful, and emotional!

Dokflesh
08-18-2010, 08:07 AM
I think they're classified as "Darkwave", which I sort of hate the concept of, but they are indeed quite brilliant. Hopefully I'll be catching their December tour. Sadly, this means a rather unnecessary trip to Germany.

VladimirK
08-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Right here :)
I love the Futureperfect album.

As for genre, EBM with some industrial maybe?