PDA

View Full Version : Is this game worth a buy?

allen t is on
07-28-2010, 10:22 PM
I've read tons of reviews but I want to hear from the people who purchased it. Tell me what you think

Barad
07-28-2010, 10:24 PM
I've hardly played the game (only the first chapter) but so far it has been an amazing experiance and trust me, the game says alot more than the reviews! Buy it!!!!! You won't regret it!!!!!

Pearson
07-29-2010, 06:31 AM
Yes, this game is worth buying and having in your games library. A game hasn't given me an unsettling feeling while playing it since the original Silent Hill and Resident Evil 2. :drunk

Tedet
07-29-2010, 06:35 AM
Absolutely. It's definitely a unique experience and has a great, confusing story to follow along with.

And it looks bloody amazing.

vetteindreams
07-29-2010, 07:42 AM
thanks guys, bought it recently on sale

queued for when i finish borderlands i guess

allen t is on
07-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks everybody I think I'm gonna get it now

Elevatiionzz
07-29-2010, 03:53 PM
my friend came over for a little and he brought the game with him. i didn't get through to the gas station even, but the game looks cool. i may buy it myself.

Pantherrfan
07-30-2010, 05:42 PM
I think this will be my next game on gamefly, so many great reviews about it.:woop:

OnCE_Liberated
07-31-2010, 02:01 PM
The way I see it, you either really like it and enjoy playing it, or you hate it. I never hear someone say that it's "okay".

Personally, I love the game. The only fault I have is the collectibles, simply because I hate collectibles in games. Then again, I am pretty pissed right now considering I need to replay the entire game in search for one coffee thermos.

stevedb79
07-31-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm gonna piss everyone off now because I think it was the biggest waste of my 39.99 this year.
It's boring,not scary and I had trouble with aiming and camera angles.
sorry to burst your bubble guys but this game (for me at least) was a big disappointment.
PS before anyone throws their dummy outta the pram, as so often happens on this site,
1. This is my opinion and it's my right to share it.
2. I'm on this forum only to give away my code for the free DLC (witch before you ask has already been given away)

have fun or hate it...either way there's gotta be some love somewhere cause it's GAMING!!!!!!:woop:

Queef Cookie
07-31-2010, 06:17 PM
i rented this game and completed it in aprox. 11 hours...its really good. but for 60dls....mehhh

seldin
07-31-2010, 06:52 PM
been thinking of getting this game as well and definetely will now after reading these comments

OnCE_Liberated
07-31-2010, 10:16 PM
I'd say my point has, for the post part, been supported. :D

ofay
08-03-2010, 05:50 PM
I beat the game on normal with all but gunless wonder(used a guide but didn't spoil the story) in maybe 4 days. It's worth playing thru but I don't see much replay value, I think you could rent it and get the whole 1000 easily

Lord Montymort
08-04-2010, 10:48 PM
I picked it up last Thursday, I hadn't really been all that interested in it, but I thought I would give it a shot, and I am so glad I did, I have only played on it twice (the day I got it, and today) but I am loving it so much, it's story is great but very confusing (In a good way), and it's funny watching my Girlfriend jump every five seconds (though to be fair I have been too XD), if you like creepy stuff I really recommend you get this, and TBH if you don't normally like creepy stuff (like me) I recommend it even more, also this is one of those rare games that I actually care more about the story and characters in than achievements(sad I know,but most single player games these days feel like they where made just to give out gamerscore), though I'll most likely play through it a few more times after I finish it to get them all.

blackhandgang
08-05-2010, 01:28 AM
I'm gonna piss everyone off now because I think it was the biggest waste of my 39.99 this year.
It's boring,not scary and I had trouble with aiming and camera angles.
sorry to burst your bubble guys but this game (for me at least) was a big disappointment.

You aren't the only one, as a horror writer myself, I found it so worthless as he story is just a blatant mash up of well know and/or well used plots. I admit the first episode was decent, and a good setup, but I can't even finnish the third because it just got boring and worthless.

Veil Of Seph
08-07-2010, 06:01 AM
An amazing experience and game combined, loved every minute of it, narrative and gameplay, well worth it's price tag (i bought mine pre-order $109.95 AU, and never regretted a cent).

struggler666
08-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Hopefully it is - I've got the game a few minuted ago... (limited edition).
In fact I'm already impressed by the content of this box before playing it :)

Xeno Jie
08-08-2010, 01:49 PM
I personally, strongly recommend this game to all of the xbox360 owners.
The graphics, sound effects, gaming systems and the collectibles can easily satisfy you throughout the gameplay. The storyline is great as well.
You are not just shooting using the weapons, but you gotta learn to use the torchlight and to evade the enemies' attack.
I'd give 9/10. :)

thealmighty1200
08-08-2010, 05:04 PM
this for me is the creepiest and eeriest game I have played since condemned. if you play it on a nice big hd screen with the volume up and the lights off then it will probably make you jump a few times as well. as for buying it, my advice would be to rent because as many people have stated it doesn't have a whole lot of replay value.

mentaljason
08-08-2010, 09:58 PM
This is the best game I have played in a long time imo!! I played through it for story then again for collectible then again for the one can pyramid I hadnt found (although you dont need to get all 12). Still have to do nightmare and dlc but Im not sick of it at all. Havent even had it for a week haha I just cant stop playing it. Havent regretted buying the collectors edition although I havent used any of the extra stuff..yet.

sedington86
08-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Yea, its not scary, most scary stuff is lame anyways, its suspenseful, and intriguing instead. Get it on sale if nothing else. The sound design is awesome with a 5.1 headset on and specific "taken" chatter is almost worth the price just for the lolz.

ofay
08-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Hopefully it is - I've got the game a few minuted ago... (limited edition).
In fact I'm already impressed by the content of this box before playing it :)
I wish I knew someone with the limited edition, I want the avatar item

Mildew
08-11-2010, 10:16 AM
It's by no means the best game ever but it's a solid decent play, especially for those people who'll appreciate the Twin Peaks-esque feel to it (lamp lady anyone ;) ). Having played it through myself (haven't touched The Signal yet) i'd still buy it now.

the emcee
08-11-2010, 11:31 AM
This game was not as good as hoped it would be, I love these type of games more than any other and the story just didn't make sense to me whatsoever, by the time I got to the end I couldn't give 2 f*ucks about what happened. There are some great moments in the game but overall it isn't worth full price, but if you can pick it up for a score I would say that's a fair price. The free DLC was annoying but free so can't complain about it. I did see the game to the end but only enjoyed about 30% of the experience on offer.

I can't see what people rave about with graphics either, as the environments look fantastic and provide a really creepy atmosphere but the characters look CRAP!! It's funny because i usually do tend to agree with the majority of people over big name games, but this one I just can't seem to find a reason it has been so well received? It's definitely not a 5/10 game I can see that, but it's nothing we haven't seen before and even Silent Hill 1 on the PSone was creepier and more entertaining than this game for me, especially since it took 5 years to develop!!

On another note, the review on this site really needs editing, the reviewer decides to advise people not to read the manuscripts on the first play through, I wonder if he even paid attention to their purpose? A review is meant to inform people of the pro's and con's of a game, not guide them to miss a potentially huge part of the experience (without mentioning spoilers for those who haven't played it yet)

This isn't intended to create tension or troll those who love the game, just sharing my experience to give you a balance mate.

dalope24
08-12-2010, 04:34 AM
its a nice change to all these first person shooters. definately a buy, because of the dlc .

Corrupt.
08-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Worth a buy for sure. Coming from someone who has yet to buy it, but its on my list!

Iron monkey X25
08-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Got this yesterday and ever since ive been completely hooked....great game

EliteShadowMan
08-15-2010, 06:28 PM
if you like survival type games with a good storyline then yes.

I found this game to be really intense at some parts, which in most games cases doesn't happen very much now days.

DR Yuill-Kirkwood
08-15-2010, 07:55 PM
I waited years for this game to come out and I was not disappointed, this game is awesome I would recommend it to every one. Additionally I have also red the novel of Alan Wake by Rick Burroughs and would also recommend this, like the game is couldn’t put it down.