PDA

View Full Version : A quick tip for those being overwhelmed by Taken.

MLG=Most Likely Gay
07-30-2010, 04:25 PM
I found out a way to pretty much bypass any unnecessary fights while taking minimal damage.

After Alan's sprint is depleted he will start to stagger when ever you hit the RB, but your jump is never hindered so once you finish your sprint, keep mashing RB and A(Jump). Alan will start skipping and the Taken have a much harder time keeping up with you. By the time they attack after getting behind you, you would have already jumped again.

Its not faster then full sprint but its better then resting and getting a steak knife up the ass.

(I apologize if this was posted already but i couldn't find it if it was.)

OnCE_Liberated
07-31-2010, 01:59 PM
That's actually a really good tip. The only problem I see, which isn't caused by the strategy at all, is when the enemies stop and decide to hurl pointy metal objects at you. I guess there is no way of avoiding that when fleeing, though.

MLG=Most Likely Gay
07-31-2010, 04:46 PM
You can throw a bit of zig zags in there if the axes keep hitting you. Main problem is if they spawn in front of you and swing, doesn't happen too much though. I used this tactic to get Meet the deadline and night life in Bright Falls.

I ended up lots of extra flares flash bangs and flare gun shots + 20 full batteries.

master_shake_350
08-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks for this. It sounds silly but it seems like it could actually help.

Teppelin
08-03-2010, 04:44 AM
I tried this last night and it looks funny as hell. Unfortunately, I still ended up dying trying to get the no death DLC playthrough. Ugh, attempt number six tonight.

StillTIPPIN187
08-03-2010, 08:08 PM
You can throw a bit of zig zags in there if the axes keep hitting you.

yup.. ^best strategy.

Pearson
08-05-2010, 11:25 PM
The next time that I play the game, I'll give this technique a try in The Signal DLC for the Run-On Sentence achievement.

MLG=Most Likely Gay
08-06-2010, 04:11 AM
i almost got run on sentence with this tactic, but when i got to the part with the trucks, my controller died then i got pancaked. :(

Roxy
08-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Its not faster then full sprint but its better then resting and getting a steak knife up the ass.

I had to share that this comment made me laugh out loud. haha Thanks for the tip. I'm definitely going to try this out when I start up the DLC.

IntoTheeAbyss
08-09-2010, 03:57 AM
Thanks for the tip.