PDA

View Full Version : Why isn"t there new songs

Koabel
07-30-2010, 09:01 PM
does anyone know if there will ever be more songs for the beatles, they have barley touched the surface of the potential for this game

Spade422
08-03-2010, 07:31 AM
a few reasons, actually... Harmonix did announce that if their DLC was relatively successful they would add more songs, and would stop if their download count was low. Since Beatles songs are extremely expensive to copyright, its not like average RB DLC for Harmonix's wallet.

Many people neglected the DLC for many reasons:
1. No hard songs. Sure, All you need is love is a pain on guitar, but why not just go to RB2's marketplace and buy something like Thrasher to keep your skills up.
2. A lot of the songs lack proper guitar (and sometimes bass) charting. Look at She's Leaving home. You play a harp/viola/violin for guitar and cello for bass. Guitar Hero was bashed for having to play keyboard parts, now look at this...
3. You need the Beatles disc to play them. This is a true shame, since it doesn't feel like RB dlc, but i dont blame them. I mean, with the dreamscapes and all, you are getting your money's worth. Especially since its by the Beatles. So many people rejected dlc since you have to switch discs in order to play them.

I agree with you; i would like to see new dlc since i love the Beatles, but I also see Harmonix's side since it cuts way in their budget and they are running out of properly potentially charted songs.

Overall, let me put it this way. Its more likely that they will release Cannibal Corpse Rock Band then getting more dlc on this game.

Oh well, at least we got 3 albums :D

Lordji
08-03-2010, 08:49 AM
I guess it has all been said, I totally agree with the reasons given by Spade422.

intoxicated662
10-11-2010, 11:07 PM
The real reason is the cost to make the songs happen. Getting the charts and all done takes time, money, resources and such. It does cost more than the average (or most) rock band song since this is the beatles we are talking about and their licensing is expensive. We've only got 3 albums so far and I suppose you can say it's about supply & demand. Don't think the dlc has sold very well as they expected so they just stopped putting out dlc and it sucks. So much for support..

Drewbles
10-28-2010, 03:51 PM
I bought the Beatles game but it only really eva gets played at parties etc but no one wants to even do that anymore cuz its changing disc, getting everyone signed in etc, takes too long and you only have the Beatles song, after 5-6 people want to do different bands.
What they should do is since Beatles RB has been out for over a year now, is charge an export fee to put them on RB3, they get mixed up with all the tracks people already have, more chances of stuff being played, if it be parties or used in make a setlist ( if they have those in career mode), people would be more likely to buy more dlc if they can have it on regular RB.

TwistedFate
10-28-2010, 05:34 PM
I
What they should do is since Beatles RB has been out for over a year now, is charge an export fee to put them on RB3,

Never going to happen.

xXAKill3rTacoXx
12-02-2010, 04:40 AM
i would be fine if they had the full magical mystery tour cd for dlc...it would be epic!