PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Hakumen: Score Attack help.(Maybe Hazama too)

SideDish120
07-31-2010, 02:51 AM
I cannot even get Hakumen to below half his health before he gets me into a corner, and combos me until I die... I haven't had any trouble up until him on Score Attack with Jin. I tried using the fast Hishouken Ice Blade (236B). And then his anti-air attack Fubuki Blizzard (623B) when he is near me. Any help? If he does get into the other side of the screen and I use the Ice Blades. He just jump dashes towards me and starts comboing me. :(

Friend of mine also told me Hazama is even harder.. FML. Any tips on him?

Papercuts
08-01-2010, 12:22 AM
You need to try and bait his attacks, and hit him off the recovery. Are you trying Jin as an actual character or ice car spam? I highly doubt it'll work here anymore, I'd say to pick your main and actually duke it out. You need to get as much damage as possible once you get in on him, because if you just poke at him and chip him down he will eventually catch you, and yeah, once he gets a hit in he will do an insane amount of damage. Best to stick with whoever you're most familiar with this time...

Also watch out for the counter distortion, it always activates so get ready to jump.

And yes, Hazama is MUCH harder. He basically counters whatever button you hit, always combos off of it into either distortion. He was muuuuch harder. Ragna and Rachel aren't easy either, but you should be okay if you get past Hazama.

I used Tager but I main him, I was able to do a lot of his high damage combos, reset into 720, gadget finger into 360B worked a lot.

muzykalscorpio
08-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Just got to this fight with Jin, echoing the amount of pain this has caused for me, haha.

It's hard for me to imagine maxing this game out, each time one of these "ZOMGZ" walls comes my way - first, it's some Challenge Mode missions, now, it's Score Attack with this guy...

Perseverance is key? ;_;

The Clutch Hand
08-08-2010, 04:40 AM
Just beat Score attack with Tager! =) The only tough opponent is Hazama, but with paitience and persistence it could be done. Hazama counters a lot so be careful not to get caught in a trap, and block his moves when ever you can. Hope this helps some people out..

HAK Devil
08-13-2010, 12:07 AM
I have yet to beat unlimited Rachel to finish the entire score attack but the key to beating Hakumen is to make sure that each combo counts. He does insane amounts of damage with even single hits so there is no use in trying to play a poking game with him to whittle away his life. Instead you have to go for the big combo's and then get out of range quickly. I use Jin so if you are doing the same then you are best off trying to find ways to freeze him and then 6C him into a combo of some sort.

Io LoneWolf oI
08-13-2010, 12:38 AM
All I have to say is use Jin... you need to do a double jump at the beginning and use ice sword, then you need to hit him (and use Beginner mode) with X,X,Y,Y or X,Y,X,Y,Y and just spam that and freeze him multiple times. Use ice swords when you can and double jump his specials. After that you can use ice swords and the same technique. Hazama and that may take a few retrys but are no where near as bad as Unlimited Haku-Men.

Io LoneWolf oI
08-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Also... DO NOT... DO NOT get yourself into a corner with Hakumen. If you do do a double dash over him and try and get your combo going. As far as rachael goes spam ice sword. and use the combo when you can. Be sure to block her special or it will take your health. and hold X to use Jin's sword special to get rid of George the XIII. It is truly easy once you figure it out.

Ziggurat 9
08-13-2010, 10:07 AM
I cannot even get Hakumen to below half his health before he gets me into a corner, and combos me until I die... I haven't had any trouble up until him on Score Attack with Jin. I tried using the fast Hishouken Ice Blade (236B). And then his anti-air attack Fubuki Blizzard (623B) when he is near me. Any help? If he does get into the other side of the screen and I use the Ice Blades. He just jump dashes towards me and starts comboing me. :(

Friend of mine also told me Hazama is even harder.. FML. Any tips on him?

For me I tried to go through with Ragna. Hakumen was really hard until I gigured something out. Back up to full screen (just take steps (if you hold it you will go into negative edge)) at full screen he will USUALLY try to jump in the air and dash at you. If you do geesepant (5b) you will ALWAYS beat him and can go into 5b>5d>GH.

Nothing fancy but it works real well.

The problem is that I got stoned walled at Hazama (even though he will fall for like 7 hells fangs in a row.

Pick your poison.

HAK Devil
08-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Finally beat score attack today after a lot of headaches. I used Jin myself (not beginner mode). It is a breeze up until Unlimited Haku-men at which point your best bet is to keep your distance and keep an eye on his megatama meter. He will use it all up every time it is maxed so playing a reactionary game is key to victory. I waited for him to deplete his megatama by blocking/barrier blocking or just straight air dashing away. After that you have to try to put in large combo's in a hurry. A relatively easy one to do with Jin that will net you 3000+ damage in a run is:

6C --> 2D --> Jump 9 --> B --> C --> Jump 9 --> B --> C --> D

Look here at 8:41 for a similar combo though that player dash cancels into 5C rather than using 2D to get his air combo going at which point it is the same.

YouTube- BlazBlue: Bonus Discs: Jin Kisaragi Tutorial

Once you get past Hakumen it really does become a lot easier until Unlimited Rachel against who you have to be constantly moving to avoid her thunder and keep nailing her from a distance with your ice sword until you find an opening to combo from.

Yeah, I know it isn't as easy as beginner mode and just spamming but this way works more often and is far more rewarding as well. Hope it helps

Gandhi16
08-22-2010, 08:10 AM
I just beat score attack, and I think i found each of their flaws..took me a couple tries for each one..especially hazama.

So here's a super noob guide to beating the last four.

Hakumen:
Abuse the grab! right when the match starts, jump back and he'll do a move, icecar it. Grab him when he gets up. If successful, icecar-->grab again and repeat. If not, jump back and wait for him to do a random attack and repeat. Once you have enough tension grab --> ice arrow

Hazama:
I read somewhere Fubuki is your best friend! be ready to use it if he gets too close. But after the first fubuki (at the start of the match), keep him away with jumping C swords. Time them so they hit him while he's standing. Once you have enough tension use the icefang (half back, forward C)

Ragna:
Again, Start with Fubuki..it'll hit 85% of the time. once is far away from you, you want to keep him that way. Keep using the 236B ice swords. it'll take him a while to realize that he needs to dash at you. He'll keep doing inferno divider..or w.e his uppercut move is called to use invincibility to dodge your swords like jin does earlier. keep spamming it until he gets close with inferno divider. When he lands just hit C, D, and keep spamming again. This will also keep his carnage scissors in check.

Throw in random icecars after he attacks to go for the icecar + grab combo if you want. if he escapes then guard till you can counter with fubuki.

Rachel:
It took me a long time to figure her out, cuz sword spam wont work with her as well as it did with the others. Just do Icecar, B (first hit), C, D and repeat. If she blocks the first hits, she'll get hit by D. If not, just repeat it before she has time to attack.

PS. Everytime i say icecar, i mean the 214C one that knocks them down.