PDA

View Full Version : Should I Buy

SOSA27ROX
07-31-2010, 04:42 AM
Im in to sports games is this fun to play and easy to 1000 :gsicon: it ?

Dik
08-01-2010, 09:12 AM
NO this games is a piece of shit.

BladeMDP
08-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Actually it's not that bad - the 1000g is not "hard' by any means, it's quite simple, it's just a little time consuming - but if you're a sport junkie, especially baseball, I recommend you try it.

SOSA27ROX
08-04-2010, 04:51 AM
thanks for the responses

BladeMDP
08-04-2010, 11:00 PM
No problem whatsoever - if you have any questions about the game, let me know

nateeasy
08-07-2010, 04:20 AM
Yeah. I like this game a lot. Its very good.

big red marino
08-16-2010, 08:07 PM
The game is decent, but I was expecting a more serious baseball game. Something along the lines of the 2K and EA baseball games. I would have enjoyed that more. This game is cartoony and tiered towards a younger audience, with a Japanese ANIME theme. A game you might find on the WII.

However, the games mechanics work very well - pitching, hitting, fielding, etc. They are very sound for a small market baseball game like this. Much better than the Backyard Sports Sandlot game.

The game can be challenging at first, but once you get used to the features of the game you can easily win every game. Especially when you take advantage of the cards you earn. I would recommend playing through the tutorials again after playing a few games. This will help with some of those extra features.

I think the hardest part to manage is the 170 RUNS IN A SEASON. There are 27 games and you need roughly 6.3 points per game. I hit 6.8 for the first 20 games and saved my file to a flash drive just in case, cause the games are getting harder...2 runs and 5 runs in the last two games. Then maybe HITTING FOR THE CYCLE - although I have not recieved the ALONG THE LINE CARD YET as you need 30 doubles for that one. The mini games I have only checked out abit, but they look like they will take some practice as well.

The guide also talks about the JUMP SKILL DOWN card being hard to obtain. You need 12 of these catches for the achievement and 25 for the card. Basically if the ball is just out of reach and you hit LT with your POWER METER having at least one area full, then you will go into a quick mini game. Your player will dive or jump and you have to hit LT again when the animation for the button comes up. Easy...It does not seem that rare. Basically if I have some of the meter full I will hit LT when the ball is hit. I have had about 15 ops...However, after missing the first 6 I went back and did the training. I thought I had to time when to hit LT, when you need to wait for the command to hit LT. So the last 9 I have perfected. Again, the guide says you just have to dive for the ball, which is RT, but those are not counting towards the count in my journal. So I think the way I have explained it is better.

FYI - you need to back out to the main menu to view your journal. This has all the stats showing what you need for the cards/achievements.

I am almost done with the first season and I have about 12 hours into it.

ELITExASSASSIN9
09-21-2010, 03:16 AM
so should i wait till the price drops and buy it used or is it good enough to buy new or whatever now??

big red marino
11-02-2010, 07:29 PM
definitely buy used or even rent. However, it will take some time to hit a 1000 on this. I basically need to hit a triple, cause I can hit multiple singles, doubles, and HR's during a game. I recently noticed it has to be done as a "team" and I have been focusing on having an individual do it. So this makes it somewhat easier. You still need to hit a triple...

Anyway, I am at around 27 hours in with "just" the CYCLE achievement left. Not sure if you need everything in the locker room to get the final achievement (120gs). As there are two trophies I need the cycle and one that is not achievement related, which is 20 sac hits...this is easy to do - get a man on 1st and bunt him over to 2nd while getting thrown out at first. I just don't really play "small ball" - get em on, get em over, get em in. I like the HR's.

Your trophies carry over when you start a new season - so if you do need that SAC trophy then when going for cards - make sure you push your SAC hits to 20 instead of the 15 needed for the card.

EDIT: 29 hours and 1000 bitches. Once the CYCLE unlocked, the last achievement unlocked right after it.

Also, threw my second 6 inning PERFECT GAME. I know some of you guys are 10 running the other team in like two innings, but I have not been able to 10 run that fast. However, once I had all my cards, I then took every climax card into the game and really managed my meter while I was pitching. Using the meter to mostly do those JUMP DIVES (LT). Once you master that move they do not have a chance. Additionally, putting all my points into the PITCHING at first. The NW has a really good hitter and a really good batter on their team.