PDA

View Full Version : "An Idyllic Small Town" glitched???

OnCE_Liberated
07-31-2010, 07:13 AM
Okay, so I checked the first few forum pages and couldn't find anything on this...

I just attempted An Idyllic Small Town and did everything the achievement requires you to do, but it never popped. I cannot recall doing anything that would have canceled out the achievement, besides going into black-and-white once, but I didn't hear anything about this affecting the achievement.

Is anyone else having a similar problem, or have a solution? I could easily do it again, if worst comes to worse, but I do want to know why it didn't pop.

Also, I have beaten the game twice already, and didn't get this my first two times (I had died on my first try and my Nightmare run), and I loaded up the chapter directly from the main menu. I don't know if this could affect it, but who knows?

Anyone have input?

esio gk
07-31-2010, 07:44 AM
If you load chapter from chapter list you can get the achievement. Just make sure you are loading the right chapter (its the one where you are making your way through Bright Falls with sheriff and Barry). You need to go all the way to the chopper. Just make sure you don't die. You can't reload checkpoints and you need to do it in one go.

RadiantViper
07-31-2010, 07:49 AM
I had the exact same problem. It's just slightly buggy. I did it a second time and it popped just fine.

OnCE_Liberated
07-31-2010, 09:37 AM
I had the exact same problem. It's just slightly buggy. I did it a second time and it popped just fine.

Thanks, I'll try it again later. Good to know it's not unobtainable.

hodge
08-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Yeah the exact same thing happened to me. I did everything the achievement required, but it didn't pop. I reckon it was because I switched my xbox off at the start of the chapter the night before, which could have counted as quitting out

OnCE_Liberated
08-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Yeah the exact same thing happened to me. I did everything the achievement required, but it didn't pop. I reckon it was because I switched my xbox off at the start of the chapter the night before, which could have counted as quitting out

That was most likely the case :p

TheIcemanCometh
08-02-2010, 01:08 AM
I wonder if this is what happened to me. I just replayed this a second time (not paying attention to the achievement even being there), in one run, no restarts, no reloading checkpoints, no deaths. No achievement either.

Do we know if even Pausing the game cancels it out? That's the only thing I did that (at the time) thought might have screwed it up.

Four times I'll have to play this part (once more for the achievemnt and once on Nightmare). It's not that hard, I just hate having to replay stuff. I'm not doing it again right now - I'll save it for later.

OnCE_Liberated
08-02-2010, 03:17 AM
Pausing has nothing to do with it. Like RadiantViper (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=180298) said, it's just a bit buggy, and the only solution is to try again.

ofay
08-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Got it last night on my first play thru on normal, I think you just have to make sure you start at the beginning of the level and you can't dashboard or restart checkpoint

derblutenkat
08-11-2010, 05:32 AM
I think I'm in the same boat hodge. Last night I watched the cutscene at the beginning of the level and then turned it off for the night. Tonight I just selected "Continued" from the main menu and it started me out AFTER the initial cutscene. I don't remember it saving or stating "Checkpoint Reached" but apparently it saves after the cinematic.

Lesson learned: You MUST start from BEFORE the cutscene to totally satisfy this Achievement.

Viridium
08-15-2010, 07:59 PM
I think I'm in the same boat hodge. Last night I watched the cutscene at the beginning of the level and then turned it off for the night. Tonight I just selected "Continued" from the main menu and it started me out AFTER the initial cutscene. I don't remember it saving or stating "Checkpoint Reached" but apparently it saves after the cinematic.

Lesson learned: You MUST start from BEFORE the cutscene to totally satisfy this Achievement. If only I'd read this earlier... I did that, watched the cutscene then powered off. "Continued" this morning, no achievement - but it started me AFTER the cutscene. Damnit, will have to try again.

CRNBRD
09-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Viridium, I'm in the same boat as you. Stupid continuing screwed me up. This should be added to the guide or at least stickied to let everyone know you have to watch the cutscene as well.

-CRNBRD

Mgetter
09-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Just so you know, you can always skip the cutscene by pressing B. I enjoy them but to the people who watch it, quit, then play the chapter later, keep this in mind. better safe than sorry