Rate this game

Juiceh

This forum is pretty much dieing, so I'm just gonna do a nice thread. To encourage others to get this game. Because for the price you can get it now, it's too cheap to leave it in the inventory.

My rating: 8,5.

+ Great characters.

+ Hilarious moments.

+ Worthy gameplay.

+ Looks. (Not graphics, but the way everything is shown through the camera).

+ Rage mode.

- Repetitive (I enjoyed it for 3 playthroughs though).

- Weapons (I only found the revolvers and shotgun useful).

- Achievements (Too much of the same for 1000G).

I'll give it a 6. The main reason I subtract so much from an otherwise enjoyable game is that with so many intended playthroughs (2 story, 1 golden bullets, 1 points counts) it's inexcusable (IMHO) to have un-skippable cut scenes.

I just finished my 2nd playthrough on ultrahard.

I would rate this game a solid 7. I feel this game has a neat little game mechanic in terms of the sliding/jumping slowdown...but really, that is what this game is all about. Learning to set her up, slow down time, and learn to aim your guns real fast. If you are not in bullet time, on the harder difficulties, you get chewed up. Worse, on ultrahard, I only found rebounding/sliding and diving to be effective. Anytime I would get on a pole or ledge, I would take too much damage.

However, after all is said and done, the game is pretty much a corridor shooter interspersed with arena's...all showcasing the same game mechanics. There are no boss battles (QTEs) and the only real change ups are highway sequences.

The story is totally pedestrian and predictable. The characters rather cliche (probably on purpose). The style does give it some points. The controls are fairly solid, though there have been occasions when by crosshairs fly all over the place with just a little input from me.

This game is my definition of a perfect rental title. It is fun, it takes some time for you to get the mechanics down and maybe even a bit more practice time for the full 1000, but honestly, once you get it down, I don't see any replay value. On top of that, the main game mechanic itself will turn a lot of people off who simply won't like it - and they can quickly return it after the first level..since the gameplay pretty much remains constant for the rest of the game.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...