PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question About Returning to Original Lips

tremberz
07-31-2010, 06:33 PM
I just recently started playing Lips: Number One hits. I have just realised that I don't seem to be getting as much stars as I did in the orginal Lips. I want to know whether it would be possible if I was to return to the original game and all my stats being there? There's all this talk about people having their stats reset when swapping back, I want to know as I only have 56,000 total stars and I want to play until 100k then return to no1 hits to get the 150k achievement.

Just in case anyone needs to know I hit 50,000 stars on the original lips and started playing number one hits today (seeing as I only needed the 100k star achievement left of the originals). Anyway I know this forum is quite dead but if anyone can help it will be appreciated.

Buncey205
08-02-2010, 01:59 PM
I started with number one hits and when i put the origional hits into the xbox i deleted all game saves etc from the hard drive so i had to start all over again.

Jimbob73
08-04-2010, 07:29 AM
I got 50.000 in the original Lips. They carried over to No.1 Hits, where I got 100.000 yesterday but no achievement!

I then startet original Lips again and had only 50.000 stars. Back to No. 1 Hits: 100.000 again.

It seems that you have to get the 100.000 stars in the original Lips....:confused:

rabies
08-04-2010, 02:58 PM
any stars you get in #1 hits will not show up in the original lips.

However, the reverse is not true. Any points you get in the original lips will be added to #1 hits when you load that game back up.

So for example, say you had 50k in the original lips, then you played #1 hits and got another 20k, then you went back to the original lips and got another 30k. The original lips would say you have only 80k, but upon loading #1 hits again, it will say you now have 100k. I don't think that will help you with the 100k needed in original lips, but that does count towards the 150k mark. I personally found 'soak up the sun' to be the best song in any of the games for grinding stars anyway, so I spent a lot of time in the original lips even after I had all 4 games.

tremberz
08-05-2010, 07:33 PM
any stars you get in #1 hits will not show up in the original lips.

However, the reverse is not true. Any points you get in the original lips will be added to #1 hits when you load that game back up.

So for example, say you had 50k in the original lips, then you played #1 hits and got another 20k, then you went back to the original lips and got another 30k. The original lips would say you have only 80k, but upon loading #1 hits again, it will say you now have 100k. I don't think that will help you with the 100k needed in original lips, but that does count towards the 150k mark. I personally found 'soak up the sun' to be the best song in any of the games for grinding stars anyway, so I spent a lot of time in the original lips even after I had all 4 games.

So is it safe to return to the original Lips from all games? My stats (such as stars) won't be deleted? If thats true then I can keep switching between them all, and gain the 150k and 200k achievements faster.

rabies
08-05-2010, 09:49 PM
So is it safe to return to the original Lips from all games? My stats (such as stars) won't be deleted? If thats true then I can keep switching between them all, and gain the 150k and 200k achievements faster.

I am not sure about all of them, but for sure i was switching between the original and the one that added the 150k achievement (#1 hits? - I forget). got 200k straight up in the one that added that one (party classics?)..as there was some decent songs that gave enough points to make it not much of a hassle. the 80s disc I never swapped because, thankfully, they didn't add a 250k achievement.

tremberz
08-05-2010, 10:28 PM
I am not sure about all of them, but for sure i was switching between the original and the one that added the 150k achievement (#1 hits? - I forget). got 200k straight up in the one that added that one (party classics?)..as there was some decent songs that gave enough points to make it not much of a hassle. the 80s disc I never swapped because, thankfully, they didn't add a 250k achievement.

Ok cool. I just returned to original Lips after playing number one hits and all stats are what they should be. I think I will complete the original Lips and no.1 hits, then play party classics for the 200k and then once that's done finish off at 80s, as that looks easy and doesn't have an annoying stars achievement.

Thanks for all the help :).

bullka
01-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Ok cool. I just returned to original Lips after playing number one hits and all stats are what they should be. I think I will complete the original Lips and no.1 hits, then play party classics for the 200k
and then once that's done finish off at 80s, as that looks easy and doesn't have an annoying stars achievement.

Thanks for all the help :).

1. Guys.. I can't understand one thing. When you're talking about playing lips and then NOH and then returning back to Lips.. Do you insert Original Lips disc and start game from it. And if you want NOH you insert NOH disc and play?

Because there's another way: insert NOH disc but play a song from original Lips (NOH will ask to insert Lips disc). But in that case all the medals and stars are added to the statistics of the disc from which the game (not the song) was started.

2. And does both (medals and stars) earned in original Lips should appear in Number on Hits? Or just the stars?

Because I noticed that songs and unique songs I played in original Lips are not added to the Sequel statistics (party classics, noh, 80s). Not sure about medals and stars.