PDA

View Full Version : Joined low level host and didn't get credit?

ColdSpider72
08-01-2010, 01:02 AM
Another site member and myself just completed one of the small arenas(The Gully) and when we returned to the Underdome lobby I didnt have that paticular arena checked off on my list. He hosted with a level 3 character and I did the fighting with a level 50. I completed Hellburbia with another friend earlier in the day and I hosted that one with the same level 50. The Hellburbia is still checked off but the Gully isnt. WTF?? Once you host an arena you have to host the rest to get credit or did this just glitch? I havent seen anyone mention this in any of the other threads I read so Im baffled.

Malkaiah
08-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Are you sure you're on the correct playthrough for the quest? If you got the quest on Playthrough 2 then it won't check off in Playthrough 1. If you've already finished the quest on Playthrough 1 you won't get any credit for it at all.

ColdSpider72
08-01-2010, 02:07 AM
That should only matter the one time I hosted. When you join someone else you choose your character and thats it. Either way, I always choose playthrough 2 when the option comes up.

ColdSpider72
08-01-2010, 03:34 AM
Well....I think I figured it out. My first playthru has 2 of the arenas finished and my second only has one finished. I am positive that I had my second playthru character selected so apparently, If you join someone else's game and THEY are on a different playthru....then thats the playthrough you get credit for. The first game I hosted and I was on play 2....while the 2 that I joined both were on play1. Why havent I heard about this before?? Seems important to know that you make sure that you ONLY join people that are on the same playthru as you. I know about the regular story line but arena matches?? This is friggin ridiculous. The playthru shouldnt matter for DLC since it is completely separate from the story....especially Mad Moxxi since it doesnt even give experience!

Malkaiah
08-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Well it gives you the opportunity to go through all the quests again with more experience, better quest rewards and so-on. The advantage of having a 2nd Playthrough for the DLC is pretty much the same, Moxxi nets you a second free skill point, Knoxx nets you much better quality weapons and Pearlescants.