PDA

View Full Version : 29 Chests & 99 Thermoses.

Vaynel
08-02-2010, 04:04 AM
Hello to all,

A big thank you first will have to go to Tyger for creating such an amazing guide. Colour coded multiples is the way forward for a guide. So thanks ya lil Tyger stomper, for creating such a great guide.

But I still have only 29 chests and 99 thermoses. I blame this on my wife for having a smashing set of buns, and every time I would be trying to read the guide, I would often get sidetracked as she walked by.

Anyway. Througout my years of gaming and stupid collectables. There is always one or two that no matter how good the guide, you can still easily miss them.

So is there a tricky spot or a similar situation other gamers have had with Alan Spank, and later on managed to find the last collectables?

So I am missing 1 chest and 1 thermos. Appreciate any help that can offered.

Vaynel
08-02-2010, 05:50 AM
Ok I managed to find the final chest.

It was actually the second one you find I think. Its in the logging area where you climb the ladder then run along the logs up to a shack. Can't belive I never found that sooner lol.

So I still have no clue about the last thermos. Did a number of people encounter a particular tricky thermos that they had all past? Chances are if they did, then I must have done the same.

Wish they appeared like the manuscripts. Would have made back tracking them much easier.

LATE EDIT : Is there any way I can reset the termoses without deleting the save game? I have yet to complete it on Nightmare mode, and even then I am not sure if it will make the termoses re-appear. Or would it be best to complete Nightmare mode, collect the rest of the Nightmare manuscripts...and then delete the save?

If I do that I guess I can just play through it on normal mode and collect the thermoses from scratch. What would you chaps suggest?

master_shake_350
08-02-2010, 12:49 PM
I missed a chest in the third episode by a plane? I didn't understand the directions so I have missed it. Hopefully I haven't missed any thermos's because if I do I am going to be pissed.

Redskinsfan26
08-02-2010, 04:27 PM
It's probably best to just continue on Nightmare. Follow the color coded guide and cross off the ones you collected for sure.

The last thermose I needed was in Episode 2 after finding the chest near the plane. If walk along the edge near the left you'll eventually see it.

allen t is on
08-02-2010, 09:22 PM
I followed the same guide and I missed 3 thermoses, I know one that I missed but the other ones I'm like WTF! And I missed 3 manuscripts but I already know which ones I missed. D:

Elite Ranger
08-02-2010, 09:57 PM
This is just like me 29 and 99 which = gay

Vaynel
08-05-2010, 08:21 AM
The last thermose I needed was in Episode 2 after finding the chest near the plane. If walk along the edge near the left you'll eventually see it.

The only thermos near the plane, is the one by the cliff, which is marked down as being more near the mill than the actual plane itself. If thats the one you ment then thats in plane site at the top of the cliff and it was one of the first I found.

I just think its going to be best if I finish Nightmare and then delete the save game. This way I can collect the thermoses from scratch instead of trying to find a needle in a haystack...or in this case, a thermos in a county.

How did you chaps do with Nightmare mode? I'm finding it quite tough due to how long it take to wear them down with the torch, and such a lack of ammo.

Matt9340
08-05-2010, 04:03 PM
How did you chaps do with Nightmare mode? I'm finding it quite tough due to how long it take to wear them down with the torch, and such a lack of ammo.

I have actually yet have had a problem with running out of ammo, i've gotten low, but never actually ran out. I have had a few problems here and there but mostly running past them helps alot.

And you might be missing a thermos in the woods (haha i know not descriptive) but I missed on that said it was behind a Red and White barrel, but It was not very descriptive (its either chapter 2-3 i think its early on, i think #14 (on i missed)). If you reach the Giant Red and White barrel you have gone too far so backtrack to the generator you gotta turn on and go to the right to the cliff end.

The other one that I thought was tricky and not descriptive at ALL, was in Chapter 4, one of the ones by a rusty tractor. When you go down the first hill and it splits off into two ways, the field on the right right before the turn off is where the tractor sits in the back of the field, you can see it if you get out of your car

XBOX ISAAC82
08-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Hello to all,

A big thank you first will have to go to Tyger for creating such an amazing guide. Colour coded multiples is the way forward for a guide. So thanks ya lil Tyger stomper, for creating such a great guide.

But I still have only 29 chests and 99 thermoses. I blame this on my wife for having a smashing set of buns, and every time I would be trying to read the guide, I would often get sidetracked as she walked by.

Anyway. Througout my years of gaming and stupid collectables. There is always one or two that no matter how good the guide, you can still easily miss them.

So is there a tricky spot or a similar situation other gamers have had with Alan Spank, and later on managed to find the last collectables?

So I am missing 1 chest and 1 thermos. Appreciate any help that can offered.

Sounds like you need a guide that you can tick off as you go. Click here. (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231996)

Vaynel
08-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Well I just finished the game on nightmare mode. Not too difficult and the hardest part was when I first met a bigger fella coming out of the tree. Once I figured out how to use the last enemy instead of killing them, it made for an easy playthrough.

Sadly I never found the last thermos, so it looks like I will have to delete my save. Does anyone know if just deleting the cache will bring back the thermoses, rather than lose a save file?