PDA

View Full Version : Achievement not counting

Epic Flan
08-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Yesterday I got to level 20 with Bad Karma, and the message saying I had unlocked the achievement popped up. The achievement picture has also appeared on my Fallout 3 achievement list. My Gamerscore has not been updated to reflect this 30g though. Also my Fallout 3 list states that I still have 67/68 achievements to unlock and my score for it is 1420/1450. Is there any way I can fix this, since this will mean the game will not appear on my completed games list.

Shinobi273
08-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Complete the mission "Death From Above" of the Broken Steel Expansion. FYI, you are showing Scourge of Humanity unlocked.

PointPlaceWI
08-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Worst case scenario you can delete your gamertag from your memory and redownload it. Its probably just a case of a slow system because apparently its showing you as having the achievement. It happens once in a while.

Epic Flan
08-02-2010, 10:05 PM
I am aware it is showing I have the achievement. My Fallout 3 achievement page on the dashboard shows the achievement unlocked (there are no locked achievements now), but it still says my score for Fallout 3 is 1520/1550, and I have unlocked 71/72 achievements. Basically, the game should be showing as complete on my complete games list as I have every achievement possible for the game, even all the DLC ones, and it is not there.

If I delete my Gamertag and redownload it will there be any unwanted side effects due to this?

PointPlaceWI
08-02-2010, 10:11 PM
As long as you choose the option to just delete your profile there shouldn't be. There are two options. One to delete your profile and one to delete your profile and items. The latter is not something you want to accidently choose.

Epic Flan
08-03-2010, 11:33 AM
I deleted my profile and recovered it, and I can see that an achievement is now missing which I thought was unlocked. To that end I owe Shinobi an apology as it was Death from Above that was not unlocked for some reason. That is odd though since I got the achievement for completing the other two quests which come after. Plus it means I have to go through the whole game again since I have no saves where I have yet to complete Death from Above. Thanks for the assistance in any case.

Eliasmcfly
08-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Yeah. I have the GOTY edition and this happens to me all the time. So i have to save my game before i complete a quest and if it did not count then i have to recover my tag and complete the mission again.

long work a round but it seems to be working for me. Just make sure you save and save often.