PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock

Corrupt.
08-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Has anybody else been watching this? Brilliant in my opinion, just wish it was on for more than 3 episodes...

SALT1R3
08-03-2010, 03:31 AM
I seen the first ep and taped the second but not managed to watch it yet. It is excellent and Cumberpatch is an exceptionally good actor; I first watched him playing Stephen Hawking and he was brill in it and have followed his work ever since.

My favourite Holmes will always be Jeremy Brett, but this version is hopefully going to be a good substitute for that landmark 80's series.

BemusedBox
08-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Was not expecting much from this but was surprised how much i liked it i can see more episodes in the future.

hodge
08-03-2010, 12:59 PM
I've watched both of the episodes and am really enjoying it - It's fantastic! I only watched the first episode because there was nothing else on, and I'm glad I did

hannar__x
08-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I've been really enjoying it. The modern setting is fantastic. And well, Benedict Cumberbatch is not all that hard to look at!

His mannerisms remind me a lot of Matt Smith as The Doctor. Probably due to both characters coming from the same creative team.

And it's filmed in my city, always good fun to play "Spot the Location"! :)

TakahashiDemon
08-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Wha? Only 3 episodes? But its so good.

I seen some of the first one (ended up falling asleep as it was like 4am in the morning when we decided to watch), watched the whole second one though, I'll needa watch the first one fully soon.

stevelyh
08-05-2010, 05:32 AM
It's true they ordered only 3 which is incredibly short! Can't wait for the 3rd and last one... BBC better order more!!!

Corrupt.
08-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Wha? Only 3 episodes? But its so good.

I seen some of the first one (ended up falling asleep as it was like 4am in the morning when we decided to watch), watched the whole second one though, I'll needa watch the first one fully soon.

Make sure you do, the first was better than the second...

realfunfuneral
08-06-2010, 05:53 PM
I've not seen any so far but I've heard good things so I think I'll have to check it out. Benedict Cumberbatch easily has one of the best names in existence though, even if it does make me think of Hubert Cumberdale from the Salad Fingers animations.

UK Dennis
08-09-2010, 01:40 AM
Just watched the third, and all I can say is WTF!
There better be more episodes. Even though i know there are only 3 episodes.
Talk about cliff hanger :(

SALT1R3
08-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah there will def be another series of it; if the BBC keep bringing back shite like Strictly Come Dancing then anything thats good and enough people like, they'll bring back as well. The writers are finishing off on Doc Who just now but will restart on Sherlock once Who is finished for the year. Probably means we'll need to wait till next year on it though :(

HarperBird
08-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I wasn't expecting much but i thought it was amazing!! Shame its only 3 episodes they should at least do 6 hour long episodes next season!

sweatdog
08-11-2010, 06:13 PM
I can't wait until this comes over to the U.S. later this year. The cast looks fantastic, and the track record of the creators is stellar. Plus, I've yet to hear any negative buzz about this show from your side of the pond. A definite must-see for me.

Corrupt.
08-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Just caught up with episode 3 on BBC iPlayer. Absolutely brilliant, cannot wait for a second series...

prewski
09-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Such a good show. Well written, well acted and just mindblowing style.

A bit sad that the second series is only 3 episodes but then Moffat is a bit busy with Dr Who too!

OceanH
08-03-2013, 04:58 AM
Sherlock: Series 3 Teaser Trailer - BBC One - YouTube

xKRAIZEEMANx
08-03-2013, 05:14 AM
/Snip

Man, what a teaser trailer.

I cannot wait for this to come back on! I am anxiously awaiting to see what will come after the stellar end of the 2nd season.

How else thinks Moriarty did not off himself? I mean, I watched that part so many times, and Sherlock never really checks to actually confirm. And he does fake his own death....

Shiftie
08-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Man, what a teaser trailer.

I cannot wait for this to come back on! I am anxiously awaiting to see what will come after the stellar end of the 2nd season.

How else thinks Moriarty did not off himself? I mean, I watched that part so many times, and Sherlock never really checks to actually confirm. And he does fake his own death....

There's no way he's dead.. Sherlock pulled a miraculous "death", so why couldn't he? Fantastic show either way though, and I think it may be my favorite duo of all time (Cumberbatch and Freeman, of course).

xKRAIZEEMANx
08-04-2013, 03:07 AM
There's no way he's dead.. Sherlock pulled a miraculous "death", so why couldn't he?

My thoughts exactly. Too great of a nemesis to let go by the wayside.

Fantastic show either way though, and I think it may be my favorite duo of all time (Cumberbatch and Freeman, of course).

I know! Their chemistry is great, and the portrayal of their respective characters is very enjoyable to watch. I am glad Freeman was not snatched away, by him being in the new Hobbit trilogy, and the same can be said of Cumberbatch (As he will be in the next 2 films).

Also, the modern times setting is an interesting change of pace from Sherlock Holmes' previous incarnations.

Rapture639
08-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Recently marathoned the whole 2 seasons over a weekend. I didn't know what to think about a Sherlock series set in the modern era, but I think the writers did a good job of keeping the Victorian era feel of Sherlock while still having him use modern technologies to solve his mysteries. I also think this was one of the best moments in the show (so far):

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/002/7/5/i_am_sher_locked_ipod_by_futheurs-d4l4hgm.jpg

Anyone whose watched the show know what I mean, and I think the episode this image comes from is probably the best one in the series so far.

MarkJohnson
08-09-2013, 10:03 AM
I love to watch Sherlock This show is really to good and also having a great fun. when i ever have free time i love to watch this show. This is my all time one of the best and favorite TV show of all time........

codegeass648
08-09-2013, 11:03 AM
It's a great show and made me fall in love with Benedict Cumberbatch as an actor.

MoRICH MAN 300
08-17-2013, 01:36 AM
I watch a lot of different shows and this is one of the best shows on tv.cumberbatch and freeman are both excellent.

Haisu24
08-17-2013, 05:34 PM
The one problem i have with british tv series is that their "seasons" are mighty short. Like sherlock. 3 episodes per season and then a year break. A little crazy to have so little of awesome dont you think?

Massa Siggy
08-26-2013, 10:51 PM
The one problem i have with british tv series is that their "seasons" are mighty short. Like sherlock. 3 episodes per season and then a year break. A little crazy to have so little of awesome dont you think?

I dunno, man. Doctor Who has some pretty long seasons. I agree on Sherlock's brevity, though. It's too good for only 4.5 hours a year.

MabusScarab
08-29-2013, 07:37 PM
This is one of those hidden gems, I'm sure it's more popular in the UK. I also wish it was split up into 6 one hour episodes instead of 3 two hour ones but it's brilliant regardless.

New season is being shot now, hopefully will be a fall release.

DRhouse5000
09-10-2013, 04:00 PM
I came upon this show accidentally, actually, it was offered after watching Doctor Who, ANOTHER AMAZING SHOW!!! Benedict Cumberbatch is a gifted actor and if you watch his interviews, he's VERY humble about his acting. I like seeing that in an actor who's as popular as he's become.

OceanH
11-24-2013, 05:06 AM
#SherlockLives - Sherlock Series 3: TV Trailer - BBC One - YouTube

bigbear2face
11-25-2013, 04:30 AM
I dunno, man. Doctor Who has some pretty long seasons. I agree on Sherlock's brevity, though. It's too good for only 4.5 hours a year.

The fact that you think of Doctor Who as having long seasons proves his point about British TV series.

During the current incarnation of the series (since Eccleston) they typically have 11-14 episodes over the period of a "series" (aka season). The only times they've gone over that is when the series dragged over a couple of years.

By comparison most major network (ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX) American TV shows have 20-30 episodes a season. Though cable/satellite stations like SyFy, AMC, USA, TNT, HBO, Showtime etc. do have season lengths more in line with BBC shows.

On topic: My brother and I got in to Sherlock a couple years ago and I can't wait for the new series. I'm so glad that Cumberbatch's recent explosion into so many big budget Hollywood films isn't holding him back from doing more of this show. The Holmes show on CBS (Elementary) is a joke compared to this show.

Shiftie
11-26-2013, 03:36 AM
#SherlockLives - Sherlock Series 3: TV Trailer - BBC One - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vq4s8n8vxw)

Pff.. coming soon isn't soon enough dammit! :mad:

OceanH
12-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Sherlock: Series 3 Launch Trailer - BBC One - YouTube

xKRAIZEEMANx
12-10-2013, 12:19 AM
Super stoked for this...not much longer now.

I have been keeping busy reading the interviews of Moffat, Gatiss, and Cumberbatch (Freeman comes out tomorrow).

OceanH
12-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Sherlock Mini-Episode: Many Happy Returns - Sherlock Series 3 Prequel - BBC One - YouTube

Rapture639
12-27-2013, 07:59 AM
The launch trailer and mini-episode made me really excited for season 3 now. I'll probably marathon the first 2 seasons again just to get myself ready in anticipation of the 3rd season in the next couple days haha.

Shiftie
01-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Anyone happen to know how many episodes this season will be? Only see three listed on BBC and I don't want the season to be 2/3 of the way over already :(

Xerofox
01-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Anyone happen to know how many episodes this season will be? Only see three listed on BBC and I don't want the season to be 2/3 of the way over already :(

This coming sunday will be the last episode of this season :(

Lava Tonsil
01-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Anyone a little disappointed with the current series?
Don't get me wrong it's still good viewing but the dynamic has changed with the lack of structured cases as the focal point of the show.
The humour is there as is the visual style but it doesn't quite feel like Sherlock to me. I'm really hoping the last episode is more case-based and less about the bromance, although i'm not sure i want to wait another 2 years for a new episode if it is :(

Shiftie
01-09-2014, 11:32 PM
This coming sunday will be the last episode of this season :(

Anyone a little disappointed with the current series?
Don't get me wrong it's still good viewing but the dynamic has changed with the lack of structured cases as the focal point of the show.
The humour is there as is the visual style but it doesn't quite feel like Sherlock to me. I'm really hoping the last episode is more case-based and less about the bromance, although i'm not sure i want to wait another 2 years for a new episode if it is :(

Ugh if it's another 2yrs between seasons I'm gonna be grumpy :mad: Smaug and Bilbo have been busy the last couple years, which I would imagine is why they pushed the series off for so long, so hopefully they will have more free time for the series now that The Hobbit is wrapping up and they aren't in a crap load of movies/shows.

jaguer
01-12-2014, 03:56 PM
This season is a bit different but I liked. Sherlock is more human and funny. the bad: only one Ep to end the season :(

IDarK VorteXX
01-12-2014, 10:02 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That Cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Episode 1 of Series 3 sucked so bad. Episode 2 was better. Episode 3 had the best cliffhanger!!!!

steelhill
01-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Great series! But only three episodes for a season is not enough.
Third season is a bit different from the previous two, and the ending is a bit surprising. Hope the fourth will be one the same level as the rest. Can't wait!

Angry Tripod
01-28-2014, 11:16 PM
I'm not sure how many have seen elementary but after watching both i feel that is better, johnny lee miller's portrayal is what i think i modern day Sherlock Holmes would be, Benedict has the 19th century persona but in modern day and i Don't feel like it works quite as good.

Rapture639
03-18-2014, 02:51 AM
Great series! But only three episodes for a season is not enough.
Third season is a bit different from the previous two, and the ending is a bit surprising. Hope the fourth will be one the same level as the rest. Can't wait!

Agreed, I enjoyed the idea of Watson getting married as a change to the usual pair dynamic, but I felt like that there was way too much of an emphasis on that event (with an episode dedicated to the wedding) this season. I also feel that this season was a bit weaker as well compared to the first 2 due to a lack of Moriarty as a strong opponent to Sherlock (though it looks like we'll see him again in season 4). As others have mentioned it's really disappointing that there are only 3 episodes per season. I don't know if the producers ever intend to change that for future seasons, but I'm sure everyone wouldn't complain if there were more episodes per season.

Shiftie
03-28-2014, 02:50 AM
Agreed, I enjoyed the idea of Watson getting married as a change to the usual pair dynamic, but I felt like that there was way too much of an emphasis on that event (with an episode dedicated to the wedding) this season. I also feel that this season was a bit weaker as well compared to the first 2 due to a lack of Moriarty as a strong opponent to Sherlock (though it looks like we'll see him again in season 4). As others have mentioned it's really disappointing that there are only 3 episodes per season. I don't know if the producers ever intend to change that for future seasons, but I'm sure everyone wouldn't complain if there were more episodes per season.

Adversely, people would probably complain if there were more episodes and they weren't as great. Even the lesser episodes are better than a VAST majority of what's on TV, and for a season without Moriarty, I think it went really well (I actually loved the villain in the last episode :/).