PDA

View Full Version : Alan Wake Ending....

AlanWake0000
08-03-2010, 12:17 AM
What did you think of the ending to Alan Wake?

Dz06lt
08-03-2010, 01:03 AM
i liked it, but i dont think it is how you would want to create a new franchise, kinda one and done

ofay
08-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I said bad bc I don't understand why it hints that rose is replacing the dark lady, what's the FBI agent doing in the dark. That and I didn't like that Alan traded his life for his wife, he should have dove in and come back up with her.

Also the first taken tries to kill you the moment you get out of the car but at that point you still haven't finished writing the story and doesn't the darkness need the story completed.

I feel they wrote a great story then changed the ending so they could tack on dlc

jd070993
08-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I liked the ending. Even though it didn't really set up for potential sequels, it was still a good ending to a great game.

And Alan is not dead. He is merely stuck in The Dark Place. The only possibility of him dying is through Nyctophobia, impalement... or molestation :)

(And yes, the last sentence does not make any sense.)

Battosai343
08-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I think the ending is actually brilliant if you think about it in terms of it following the theme of a TV show. For instance, this is season one and the next game could be season two. Every good TV drama has a cliffhanger for a season finale. So while it didn't answer all the questions (it also raised a few new ones), it didn't need to and left me wanting more. Stay tuned...

ofay
08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
I think the ending is actually brilliant if you think about it in terms of it following the theme of a TV show. For instance, this is season one and the next game could be season two. Every good TV drama has a cliffhanger for a season finale. So while it didn't answer all the questions (it also raised a few new ones), it didn't need to and left me wanting more. Stay tuned...
I'd buy that if he saved his wife and they showed rose possibly becoming the new dark lady but they just tried to cram too many loose ends into the ending

Pearson
08-04-2010, 01:29 AM
I think the ending is actually brilliant if you think about it in terms of it following the theme of a TV show. For instance, this is season one and the next game could be season two. Every good TV drama has a cliffhanger for a season finale. So while it didn't answer all the questions (it also raised a few new ones), it didn't need to and left me wanting more. Stay tuned... I think that is why the game ended the way it did. Because if I'm not mistaken this game is supposed to be a trilogy and play out like a television mini-series. I could be wrong, but I think this is why we didn't get that "Alan figured out how to fight and beat The Darkness and everyone is saved" type of ending. This is because that ending is saved for the very last Alan Wake game.

NathAttack
08-04-2010, 05:31 AM
I think that is why the game ended the way it did. Because if I'm not mistaken this game is supposed to be a trilogy and play out like a television mini-series. I could be wrong, but I think this is why we didn't get that "Alan figured out how to fight and beat The Darkness and everyone is saved" type of ending. This is because that ending is saved for the very last Alan Wake game.

I hope not. That would be incredibly disappointing, to be honest. If the story of Alan Wake ends in a puppies and sunshine world, it will leave a very sour taste in my mouth

HAK Devil
08-04-2010, 05:35 AM
I thought the ending was alright and ended Alan Wake on an almost cyclical note. The darkness will always find someone else to continue its work and Alan is now left mentally scarred as the DLC has shown. I am interested in how the story will continue to pan out but it really shouldn't have some Hollywood ending to it all because it just would not fit in with the theme of the game

enilson
08-04-2010, 05:53 AM
I like the idea of the "episodic" nature of it - so I get that they had to leave it "hanging" - much like Twin Peaks or, my preference, X-Files. However, to me they left it a little TOO vague. I ended up with 20 questions at the end and it just felt like they could have provided more closure without fully "closing" it. I thoroughly enjoyed the game - particularly because of the story - but I would have liked a slightly more tidy ending.

Goddz
08-06-2010, 08:00 AM
I like the idea of the "episodic" nature of it - so I get that they had to leave it "hanging" - much like Twin Peaks or, my preference, X-Files. However, to me they left it a little TOO vague. I ended up with 20 questions at the end and it just felt like they could have provided more closure without fully "closing" it. I thoroughly enjoyed the game - particularly because of the story - but I would have liked a slightly more tidy ending.

Couldn't have said it any better! Loved the game, really enjoyed the ending but was just slightly disappointed they didn't anwer all the Q's I had! Guess that's what the DLC is for x