PDA

View Full Version : sorry if this is a stupid question

MadMaN.85
04-23-2007, 04:34 AM
ok i was just wondering,is there any way to display your gamerscore, or have a gamercard or whatever WITHOUT having xbox live?i mean,i dont have a high speed connection that is why i dont have live YET.but i was just wondering,and sorry again if this is a dumb question.

DaKing240
04-23-2007, 04:35 AM
If I am not mistake, your Silver Account on Xbox Live should work. Just enter your Silver name as your GT, and see if it works.

MadMaN.85
04-23-2007, 04:41 AM
I dont have a high speed internet connection though,so thats why i havent even tried setting up an xbox live account.

DaKing240
04-23-2007, 04:44 AM
If I am not mistaken, you automatically make an account on your 360... which becomes a "Silver Xbox Live Account."

So... if you have never connected it to the internet, then there won't be a way for you to display your GamerScore, because it has no access to the internet...

MadMaN.85
04-23-2007, 04:52 AM
ok i see what your saying. i might try hooking a phone line from my 360 to my pc,i dont know if anything would happen since im on dial up but i might try sometime or just see if i can find any more info about this.thanks for replying so quickly though DaKing240.

Minty
04-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Think the minimum speed you need for Live to work is 512, so there's no point in connecting at anything lower than that really. But thats the only way to get your points showing up

SPARTIKU5
04-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Grab a CAT5/6 cable connect your XBOX to your PC via the ethernet port and it ' Should ' work i think ...

then again i know the XBOX does its own speed check when you set up a network connection, try it out the worst that can happen is it doesn't work.

Blind Fool
04-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Grab a CAT5/6 cable connect your XBOX to your PC via the ethernet port and it ' Should ' work i think ...

then again i know the XBOX does its own speed check when you set up a network connection, try it out the worst that can happen is it doesn't work. That will only work if you have internet connection sharing setup.