PDA

View Full Version : Timed stages?

Darth Cuda
08-05-2010, 06:00 AM
Are there timelimits to complete the levels? I died in the demo before time ranout and don't want to lose 1200 MS if the levels are "timed"

ccarnage
08-05-2010, 06:24 AM
Are there timelimits to complete the levels? I died in the demo before time ranout and don't want to lose 1200 MS if the levels are "timed"

Yup, the chapters are timed'd. If one of your partner dies he gets turned into a skeleton. If he keeps on dying while he's a skeleton the timer will go down really fast. Usually goes slow tho plenty of time to finish the levels.

Harryson9
08-05-2010, 07:53 AM
30 minutes per level i played all day and only ran out on lvl 5

Darth Cuda
08-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Damn, I guess I have to skip this title. I'm a gamer who likes to bide my time and go at my own pace. I'm not going to deal with that time limit crap that I had to endure in the 80's.

nestlekwik
08-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Even if you take your time and kill everything and gather all of the chests, you should be able to clear each stage in 15-20 minutes at most. Like it has been said already, the death penalties are what really diminish the clock and have been the only instances where I ran out of time.

I wouldn't let the timer be the deciding factor in this purchase, as it really shouldn't be much of a factor. Once you get the knack of things, you can do everything on the stage by yourself in less than 10 minutes. You are given suitable amounts of time to explore and there are a ton of secrets and Easter Eggs in the game.

But, I also admit, this game is not for everyone. Give the game a couple more tries on the demo to figure it out and if you still think the time is restricting, then, by all means pass on it.

Bishmanrock
08-05-2010, 08:07 PM
To be honest, the time limit only really appears to be there as an incentive not to die as a skeleton - it's never been a problem otherwise.

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it!

Darth Cuda
08-06-2010, 05:13 AM
Even if you take your time and kill everything and gather all of the chests, you should be able to clear each stage in 15-20 minutes at most. Like it has been said already, the death penalties are what really diminish the clock and have been the only instances where I ran out of time.

I wouldn't let the timer be the deciding factor in this purchase, as it really shouldn't be much of a factor. Once you get the knack of things, you can do everything on the stage by yourself in less than 10 minutes. You are given suitable amounts of time to explore and there are a ton of secrets and Easter Eggs in the game.

But, I also admit, this game is not for everyone. Give the game a couple more tries on the demo to figure it out and if you still think the time is restricting, then, by all means pass on it.

Very sound advice I think I will do what you suggested. Not sure if ill overcome the timer or not but I atleast want to kill that asshole shooting the beam of light every 5-10 seconds.

xcrimsonlegendx
08-06-2010, 05:19 AM
The game is simple, the time limit isn't a big problem, if you have a good team you can breeze through the maps in less then ten minuets. Solo maybe 12-15, don't let the timer stop you, it's not like a classic Castlevania title.

Sakurafire
08-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Very sound advice I think I will do what you suggested. Not sure if ill overcome the timer or not but I atleast want to kill that asshole shooting the beam of light every 5-10 seconds.

The asshole with the light beam is really hard to beat solo with a fresh character. I suggest Shanoa at first, that way you have your tri-fire to help out. Make sure you clear out the baddies before you drop all the way down and you'll beat him in no time.

First time I did it solo it took me about 15 minutes or so. The quickest I beat a level was 4 minutes. So it's up to you on how you play. =)