PDA

View Full Version : Alan Tool.

Vaynel
08-05-2010, 08:23 AM
I can't belive that of all the axe wielding maniacs that chase you through Bright Falls. Alan doesn't think to pick up a melee weapon incase he runs out of ammo.

This is what I used to hate about the Resident Evil games, and thought devs were past this crap.

Shame they never made a melee attack with a DLC patch or something.

ofay
08-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Agree on the mele weapon, also why didn't he duct tape a light to his shotgun?

no remix
08-05-2010, 07:11 PM
I thought anything possessed by the Dark Presence that you fend off supposedly disappear into nothingness? It would have been an interesting addition to the game though. But then again it would feel like it's Left 4 Dead instead - I would imagine.

Vaynel
08-05-2010, 07:21 PM
It would have also made for a nice dodge counter attack. Dodge behind them and then make into a Taken-Shish-Keebab.

Dr Smart Ace
08-19-2010, 06:34 AM
Agree on the mele weapon, also why didn't he duct tape a light to his shotgun?
At least they have learned that you can hold a flashlight and shoot at the same time (I'm looking at you Doom 3), but as much as I love this game and am looking forward to "The Writer", I must agree that even just being able to whack a Taken in the head with your flashlight would have been nice, let alone an actual melee weapon, and oh, by the way, did you enjoy my "run on sentence". muwahaha!

TaiCoon
08-25-2010, 12:51 AM
I can't belive that of all the axe wielding maniacs that chase you through Bright Falls. Alan doesn't think to pick up a melee weapon incase he runs out of ammo.

This is what I used to hate about the Resident Evil games, and thought devs were past this crap.

Shame they never made a melee attack with a DLC patch or something.
because this is a survival-horror and not a hack and slay -.-
running out of ammo make games like resident evil and alan wake more exciting.
Melee weapons do not belong in games like this.

i hope they NEVER made a melee attack/weapons in this game

Dz06lt
08-25-2010, 12:54 AM
yeah i always thought it was kinda lame that he couldnt melee or at least shove the enemy

Zombu
08-25-2010, 12:56 AM
It's kind of a rule, anyone in any kind of horror situation has to be midly retarded. But only when it comes to practicality.

Miss Allen86
08-27-2010, 08:45 AM
How can he shine his light at an enemy and swing an axe at the same time? @__@

PhantomNemesis
08-27-2010, 10:19 AM
I think it's a gameplay thing, while they probably knew it would make sense to melee and stick flashlights onto weapons, it'd be too easy. If you can just dodge, melee, dodge, melee, that would take the challenge out of it. There's honestly some points in the game as we know where it's best to say, "**** this, I'm outta here." We wouldn't get that feel anymore.

That, and I would give props to Wake if he can duct tape a heavy-duty lantern onto a rifle/shotgun and be able to aim, focus and change batteries easily.

TsarBlandi
08-27-2010, 02:18 PM
i dont think it would of worked, i think that the darkness took control of the axe at the same time, as the axe dissapears once you destroy the enemy

but then again a lot of them take 8 shots from the revolver (on nightmare anyway) compared with a slow and heavy melee weapon... im think im gona stick with the revolver - i guess they made it so you would never run out of ammo, i dont think i ever ran out of ammo on nightmare and if i did i could easily run to the next safe haven

asdfen
08-31-2010, 11:14 AM
agree about this game. I do not understand the decisions behind combat in this game. Imo it blows.

BTW in Resident Evil 5 there is melee combat option. Its not very intuitive thought.

o0ArA0o
08-31-2010, 04:19 PM
The only thing that makes me go nuts in this game is ... why is this idiot not able to hold a weapon in his hands? ^^
Everyrime he falls down a gap all your collected items are gone and Mr. Wake has to run through the darkest wood I ever seen in my life with nothing :mad:

And yeah, Resi5 had melee ... and it sucked