PDA

View Full Version : In Your Crosshairs and Lock it up

TREVORr_35
08-05-2010, 05:56 PM
i'm having trouble with these two, if anyone can give me a nice easy way to get these that'd be nice.

they're my last two.

Operator0311
08-05-2010, 09:39 PM
In My Crosshairs was easy. Just highlight a teams star receiver and then let the CPU pick it off. I am trying for Lock It Up too. That one is super hard.

TREVORr_35
08-06-2010, 04:38 AM
yeah i can't seem to get either they're ticking me off lol

Operator0311
08-06-2010, 06:03 PM
I got it yesterday. I went into house rules and turned the pass coverage and interceptions to 100 for the user. Then I started a exhibition game on Freshman. I was Alabama and I played against Western Kentucky. I locked on one of the CB's and then just intercepted a pass and returned it for a TD. There is some luck involved.

TREVORr_35
08-13-2010, 03:41 PM
I got it yesterday. I went into house rules and turned the pass coverage and interceptions to 100 for the user. Then I started a exhibition game on Freshman. I was Alabama and I played against Western Kentucky. I locked on one of the CB's and then just intercepted a pass and returned it for a TD. There is some luck involved.

still can't seem to get it, by far one of the most frustrating they've come up with.

DarkManX
08-16-2010, 10:36 PM
This one is killing me as well. So frustrating.

ni9ht_5ta1k3r
08-29-2010, 04:18 AM
can it be done in RTG?

ForlanFromDeep10
08-29-2010, 01:35 PM
you can do lock it up with two controller have the one you want play d and make the other one throw a curl route to the guy ur covering, then take a running start and pick it off and u have momentum for an easy td.

I cant seem to get in your crosshairs though.

jasonad
08-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Here is where I was messing things up -

I was doing the two controller thing and I had set the House Rules so that the CPU had 0 for Pass Accuracy and Wide Receiver Ability and User had 100% interceptions and Pass Defence.

I had Wester Kentucky as the "victim" throwing to Alabama in a simple man defense scheme (just the base scheme on 3-3-5). I would have the Western Kentucky QB zing it in to the curl route, but - while my CB would deflect the ball - I never made the interception.

Then I realized...with the two controller method, its actually 2 human users playong. So I went back and set the house rules so that the User Accuracy and Catching ability was 0 and (not CPU) and I got both achievements in a few tries each.

So my method:
1) Start an Exhibition
2) Pick a major power school with good corners (I went with Alabama) as your team.
3) Plug in a second controller and choose Western Kentucky for the other user.
4) Go to House Rules and change the Pass Accuracy and Receiving ability to 0 for the USER.
5) Set Interceptions and Pass Defence to 100 for the USER
6) For Alabama, set Game Plan to Aggressive on defense
7) Have Western Kentucky on offense (if you give up the ball, just have Alabama kick it right back)
8) On Offense the W. Kentucky team should pick a play with a curl route
9) On Defense, pick a base man-to-man defense
10. On defense, select the CB across from the curl route, use the Left Stick to highlight that CB
11) Hike the ball, let the receiver get a little downfield, then zip the pass toward the curl
12) Be ready with the primary controller to field the interceptiona nd return it.
13) Repeat with spotlight to get the second achievement.

It may take a few tries but it will happen for you :)

KoRnyWayz
10-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Here is where I was messing things up -

I was doing the two controller thing and I had set the House Rules so that the CPU had 0 for Pass Accuracy and Wide Receiver Ability and User had 100% interceptions and Pass Defence.

I had Wester Kentucky as the "victim" throwing to Alabama in a simple man defense scheme (just the base scheme on 3-3-5). I would have the Western Kentucky QB zing it in to the curl route, but - while my CB would deflect the ball - I never made the interception.

Then I realized...with the two controller method, its actually 2 human users playong. So I went back and set the house rules so that the User Accuracy and Catching ability was 0 and (not CPU) and I got both achievements in a few tries each.

So my method:
1) Start an Exhibition
2) Pick a major power school with good corners (I went with Alabama) as your team.
3) Plug in a second controller and choose Western Kentucky for the other user.
4) Go to House Rules and change the Pass Accuracy and Receiving ability to 0 for the USER.
5) Set Interceptions and Pass Defence to 100 for the USER
6) For Alabama, set Game Plan to Aggressive on defense
7) Have Western Kentucky on offense (if you give up the ball, just have Alabama kick it right back)
8) On Offense the W. Kentucky team should pick a play with a curl route
9) On Defense, pick a base man-to-man defense
10. On defense, select the CB across from the curl route, use the Left Stick to highlight that CB
11) Hike the ball, let the receiver get a little downfield, then zip the pass toward the curl
12) Be ready with the primary controller to field the interceptiona nd return it.
13) Repeat with spotlight to get the second achievement.

It may take a few tries but it will happen for you :)

This was genious. Took me 4 tries to get the Lock It Up achievement. Thank you very much!

AFGixxeR
10-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks! I finally got it 1000gs. It took me awhile, it wasn't showing me spotlight a reciever..

Defcizion
10-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Jasonad ftw

Got it on the 2nd play of the game

ACardAttack
10-08-2010, 01:41 AM
you can do lock it up with two controller have the one you want play d and make the other one throw a curl route to the guy ur covering, then take a running start and pick it off and u have momentum for an easy td.

I cant seem to get in your crosshairs though.
I thought the achievement said excludes co-op?

Defcizion
10-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Co-op =/= player versus player

ACardAttack
10-15-2010, 01:00 AM
Co-op =/= player versus player
Sweet, I just read it as 2 player in general

RLKDragon
10-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Sweet, I just read it as 2 player in general

Yeah, I assumed the same thing. I'll go get this one easily now.

spxyu02
10-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks so much for the method on this!

Some additional tips for idiots like me:
* Alabama vs. W Kentucky ftw
* Setting Game Plan to Aggressive is found by pressing X in the defensive play selection box
* I altered the sliders in four different areas: 1. Controller1 User, 2. Controller1 CPU, 3. Controller2 User, 4. Controller2 CPU
** I set 4 sliders each time: passing/catching to 0, passD/interceptions to 100
* Alabama D set to base 3-4 man coverage
* W Kentucky O set to shotgun pass, attempted the pass to the X receiver on the left running a quick hook. Only downside here is W Kentucky also has a back flaring out of the backfield to this side so there is one additional W Kentucky player to get around once you pick off the pass.

Thanks again for the mini-guide! :)

ACardAttack
10-16-2010, 01:54 PM
It doesnt even have to be a bad team like WKU with the two player method...i used bama and miami...i liked having miami as the victim because they have a good qb who is accurate that way i know more often than not where the pass will go, got it no problem...although the first time i returned the int for a td i didnt get the achievement so I did it again...i may have not had lock on and just didnt realize it

cowboy bob
10-17-2010, 12:59 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=267133

hamfam9598
11-02-2010, 01:05 AM
I tried the method above and it worked great.
I first tried the one where you had to run back a TD. I intercepted 3 out of 5 passes but kept getting tackled. Finally broke one for the return.

Then I tried the in the crosshairs one. I could not get the CB to intercept another pass. It was frustrating the crap out of me.

I decided to quit out of the game and restart it with all the same settings. I intercepted the first pass and got the achievement. Kind of weird how it worked but none the less it worked.

What is it about the 2011 NCAA and Madden games with interceptions?? The 5 INT's in one game on Madden was another frustrating achievement.

Anyway just glad I got these two.

Thanks again for posting the tip!

cowboy bob
11-03-2010, 03:31 AM
What is it about the 2011 NCAA and Madden games with interceptions?? The 5 INT's in one game on Madden was another frustrating achievement.

really???? I was able to get those without any problems. All I do is edit all my LBs and CBs to catch anything that comes their way. It really easy!

BIG PAPPA PUGZ
11-07-2010, 01:48 AM
i am having trouble figureing out how to spotlight a wr. can someone tell me how to do that?

cowboy bob
11-07-2010, 09:37 PM
i am having trouble figureing out how to spotlight a wr. can someone tell me how to do that?
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=267133

just read this