PDA

View Full Version : Is there any reason to use a boat OTHER than Rad Hazard?

mintycrys
08-05-2010, 07:02 PM
But really: is there? Rad Hazard has few notable flaws, superior air control, handles waves and jumps better than any other craft, and actually seems to go faster than Razorback, which has a higher top speed! It's no small wonder it dominates the leaderboards.

MapleMire
08-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Yeah Rad Hazard is my favorite at this point. It just doesn't have that good of a handle to it. Hopefully they release a DLC pack and have boats that can even it out.

L0Straniero91
08-06-2010, 04:12 AM
Yes! I hate Rad Hazard, used it just for unlock the skin! The best boat for me is the CUTTHROATH!

ZuppZ
08-08-2010, 04:30 PM
cutthroat!!!

Splode
08-09-2010, 10:59 AM
I have found that the Cutthroat is easiest for Expert Ring Master

Natetendo83
08-10-2010, 12:47 AM
I prefer Cutthroat. It's not as fast as Rad Hazard but most people online aren't amazing with the Rad Hazard and I can beat them anyways. And as someone said Cutthroat is the way to go for Ring Master so I'm just used to using it now.

mintycrys
08-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Cutthroat is definitely better than Rad Hazard for Ring Master, I'll admit (though I prefer Razorback's handling, just make sure you don't go airborne EVER), but you don't see many Cutthroat or Razorback users winning races online. It's almost exclusively Rad Hazard, and after a couple of days of doing nothing but Gauntlet on Lake Powell with Rad Hazard and working my way to the top of the leaderboard (I'm not number one anymore, either), Rad Hazard just seems to have way too many perks to bother using another vehicle. Most notably the INSANE air control. It does require constant boost in order to win, though, namely because the water handling isn't that great, and boost is Rad Hazard's primary method of control. After learning Rad Hazard, I was practically unbeatable online, but using any other boat, I would find that random Rad Hazard users would just blow right past me in the most unlikely of places and at the most unlikely of times.

M0UNT41ND3WU
08-23-2010, 01:08 AM
I use the Cutthroat, I can't get used to Rad Hazards horrible handling.

mintycrys
10-01-2010, 03:31 AM
Rad Hazard has the best handling in the game...IF you have boost. If you use Rad Hazard, you have to not only navigate the course and take the cool shortcuts afforded to you by prodigious use of air boost, but you also have to navigate from boost can to boost can, boost constantly, and try not to run out. As soon as Rad Hazard is out of juice and can't use boost-assisted handling, you're up a creek, more or less.