PDA

View Full Version : How will this work online?

Suki
08-05-2010, 11:03 PM
i love racing games and i love F1 i havent missed a live race in over 20 yrs so i am very hyped for this game, but just how is the online gonna work? its gonna be like every racer ive played online and thats destruction derby, im thinking cars may go to ghost cars upon intentional collision if that could work but i doubt it, so races will be won and lost on the 1st corner smash. Pole position will mean nothing as u will have the following cars pile into u on the 1st corner maybe with a few exeptions depending on track layout but they will get u on the 1st prper corner.

LFC2K6
08-23-2010, 01:59 AM
12 player maximum online, no matter the game mode. 1 car from each team.
Maximum of 7 laps (for time reasons)
The damage system seems to suggest, if you intentionally ram into someone, you'll take damage and your performance will suffer or you'll have to pit. Either way you'll lose a lot of time and so discouraging people from ramming.

XeroXray
08-23-2010, 01:55 PM
I wonder if cars will be totaled in online ranked matches.

Harry Lloyd
08-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Realistic damage would be pointless. They'd have to call it "destruction derby".

Some damage would be nice, but the system would have to be really intelligent, so that we don't suffer if someone crashes into us. On the other hand someone can brake to early and we'll crash into them, so what then?

I'm not really looking forward to multiplayer in this game, but maybe I'll be positively disappointed.

I actually don't know which version I'll get - the 360 or the PC one, it depends on the graphics and the multiplayer. If the multiplayer is good, then I'll probably get the 360 version, because DiRT 2 PC multiplayer was full of cheaters, and now it's practically dead.