PDA

View Full Version : The Wire

Ze POPE HAT
08-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Just finished all 5 seasons has to be one of my favorite progs ive ever watched

10/10

exo-apollo
08-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Yes sir, blessed was the day I was told by my brother to watch this show. Unfortunately I was a dick and didn't listen to him, which was strange because I loved the Sopranos. I finally did and blasted through the whole thing TWICE. Such a fucking good show!

BemusedBox
08-06-2010, 04:34 PM
If you liked the wire you should try and get hold of another HBO show called The corner.

realfunfuneral
08-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah The Wire is a definite 10/10 show. I loved the depth and fluidity of all the characters and how themes, ideas, and plot elements sown in the very first episodes carried on all the way through until the last. You could easily study it like you would a novel. This and Deadwood are probably my all time favourite TV shows.

SALT1R3
08-07-2010, 01:17 AM
If you liked the wire you should try and get hold of another HBO show called The corner.

Will check The Corner out mate as I watched The Wire twice through as well and loved it.

SoleAssassin
08-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Fuckin loved the Wire. So many great quotes and characters. Omar was that dude.

Spoony Bard
08-18-2010, 05:13 AM
You can tell which critics are full of shit (or at least, more of it anyway) when they don't include The Wire in a Top 10 list. Nobody is willing to believe it blows Sopranos out of the water until they start watching it. I must have seen the whole series about 5 times now, and I'm always noticing new subtleties in the dialog and performances.

The Corner is good, but depressing. Don't go in expecting the same thing as The Wire though; Corner is set on the same streets and deals with similar issues, but the focus is specifically on one family that's been torn apart by drugs and poverty.

SALT1R3
08-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Fuckin loved the Wire. So many great quotes and characters. Omar was that dude.

I thought that too the first time I watched it, but found myself rooting more for Bubbles on the second watch maybe because he shows more humanity.

scansvc
08-22-2010, 03:39 PM
I thought that too the first time I watched it, but found myself rooting more for Bubbles on the second watch maybe because he shows more humanity. Bubbles is the man but so was omar it had such a great set of characters and it was so hard to turn it off i was sitting till 4 or 5 in the morning watching episodes with the "1 more episode then go to bed" mentality in my head

SALT1R3
08-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Bubbles is the man but so was omar it had such a great set of characters and it was so hard to turn it off i was sitting till 4 or 5 in the morning watching episodes with the "1 more episode then go to bed" mentality in my head

Yeah me too, I watched the five series in about 5 days lol.

HarperBird
08-23-2010, 12:28 PM
I must have watched all 5 seasons in a month this is the best TV show out there!!! It deals with so many issues i am surprised that it is still relatively unknown in the world of TV dramas....

Also McNulty is the dude he is so badass....

shilbo-assassin
08-24-2010, 09:21 PM
It is growing though and is coming to Sky in the UK. Already been on FX and BBC. The best TV show ever. I just finished The Sopranos (all 6 series) which was also ace but not in the same class as The Wire for me. Nothing is like The Wire. The sheer number of characters, brilliant characters and how they develop and of course the complete lack of exposition which sets it apart from anything. My favourite character has to be the Bunk though Omar is the show's best character and one of the greatest ever.

mikemc
08-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Just finished all 5 seasons has to be one of my favorite progs ive ever watched

10/10

have to agree totally with you on this one!

SoleAssassin
08-28-2010, 03:40 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/157bu2s.jpg

SALT1R3
08-28-2010, 06:25 PM

Haha forgot about the Senator. He had a cameo in Batman Begins, pity he didnt get to say that in it! :D

exo-apollo
08-29-2010, 09:05 AM

HAHAHAHAHA my friend and I quote this to each other daily, it is fucking hilarious. He aint gonna take the rap for the whole damn machine!

steamboatidk
08-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Loved the wire espically the final season.

shilbo-assassin
08-29-2010, 07:35 PM
(Minor Spoliers) Personally my favorite series was the 1st. I doubt that I will ever ever see anything to touch the aceness of the 1st series. It was unreal - new (no exposition at all), different and addictive. I do though, have a favourite episode and it wasn't series 1. It is Series 3, Episode 3. The one where Omar has that shoot-out. If someone sees tv that comes close to that episode please pm me.

SoleAssassin
09-01-2010, 04:41 PM
This show has so many great quotes.

"The way you say pussy in plural is puss-i."

"Come at the king, best not miss."

SmoothAsEgg5
09-02-2010, 02:52 AM
one of the best shows ever. it still pisses me off that the emmy's kept shafting them. thats why i have ZERO respect for the emmy awards