PDA

View Full Version : Is EA going to do something about the quiters ?

Flashbag
08-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Has anyone any information about that ? :( If 1 thing is mega ultra negative about fifa its quiters.

Oliv3rP
08-07-2010, 02:08 PM
they cant do anything to stop people quitting

if you meant:are they going to have some sort of punishment...then i dont know, they should though.

NinjaSheep
08-08-2010, 12:52 PM
I appreciate EA are giving out the 'shameful' achievement, but most aren't bothered about it, they need to make a punishment which will actually affect gamers

Aaron15
08-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Hmm, it's pretty hard to punish though, thats the problem. The opposition may just have a crap connection.

J.Waddo
08-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Well, from Fifa 11 onwards, the opposition player must ask your permission to quit the game before they can leave.

Flashbag
08-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Well, from Fifa 11 onwards, the opposition player must ask your permission to quit the game before they can leave.
Most of them just press the power button of their xbox or go to the dashboard :P

James Medway
08-10-2010, 04:06 PM
They should just give you the official win, especially if theres another online win achievement, because last year you could have racked up 150 wins with no achievement due to quitters

BSC YoungBoy
08-11-2010, 06:00 PM
They should just give you the official win, especially if theres another online win achievement, because last year you could have racked up 150 wins with no achievement due to quitters

yes i agree. i have read somewhere that they will count quitters as actual wins but idk the truth to it

thrust muffin
08-11-2010, 06:04 PM
it's highly unlikely. EA isnt a company that worries about customer satisfaction, they are in it the business for money. They make their games for offline play. They're trying to become more online in Madden NFL 11, but as for FIFA... i dont think they care about FIFA 10 anymore. Just wait until September 8 (i think), when FIFA 11 comes out. Maybe they change some things then

BSC YoungBoy
08-11-2010, 06:08 PM
it comes out sept28 in the us and later overseas so that date cant be accurate

SF GRAND MASTER
08-19-2010, 10:40 AM
they best sort it owt this time sick of quiters dont get why people do it turning the box off at the power and pulling the disc out man how fuckin homo can you get fkin lossers

bbss
08-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Result being considered for achievements when opponent is disconnecting would be enough for me.

bmstinton93
08-19-2010, 01:00 PM
what about a 20-30 minute ban off the EA online service then its not too unfair if you do just have a crap connection that disconnects you and it should discourage people from quitting the majority of the time.

LuckyPakalunch
08-19-2010, 01:36 PM
i agree make it like halo if u quit u loose XP

ryanpalmr
08-28-2010, 07:15 AM
I appreciate EA are giving out the 'shameful' achievement, but most aren't bothered about it, they need to make a punishment which will actually affect gamers

I have actually got this achievement, and my DNF% is 0, i somehow got it while playing Manager Mode, with a few other unexpected achievements.

they should actually scrap that achievement, and add 1 quit = 30 mins ban, 2 quits 1hr ban, 3 quits ,1 Day ban, and then maybe 5 quits 1 months ban, and reset the counter every 3 or 4 months.

I really hate quiters as you score to fast they quit, score to many they quit, found most of them quit in the 80th min as soon as they touch the ball

BSC YoungBoy
08-28-2010, 07:09 PM
it's highly unlikely. EA isnt a company that worries about customer satisfaction, they are in it the business for money. They make their games for offline play. They're trying to become more online in Madden NFL 11, but as for FIFA... i dont think they care about FIFA 10 anymore. Just wait until September 8 (i think), when FIFA 11 comes out. Maybe they change some things then

dont blame ea because it is not nearly as bad in other games. fifa is to blame for the lack of improvements

BSC YoungBoy
08-28-2010, 07:11 PM

that doesnt mean much, i actually just scored own goals and then quit to get the achievement just for the pleasure of hearing the sound of an achievement unlocking

Scholesy22
08-28-2010, 10:18 PM
that doesnt mean much, i actually just scored own goals and then quit to get the achievement just for the pleasure of hearing the sound of an achievement unlocking

I done exactly the same, but it was a horrible feeling scoring own goals and quitting out of matches, makes u look like a dick >< lol. I finished every achievement by about May but I didnt do the "Bad Loser" achievement until about the start of this month lol. Would have rathered leaving the achievement but it wouldn't count as 100% complete -_-.

I hope there's not a similar achievement this year as there's just no need for it. People quitting does annoy me but I hope it counts towards achievements this time.

shortayyy666
08-29-2010, 06:45 PM
as long as it counts as an official win to any achievement thats there is then i dnt care about quitters. just means i gt to my achievement faster than they do.

bmstinton93
08-29-2010, 07:41 PM
they should actually scrap that achievement, and add 1 quit = 30 mins ban, 2 quits 1hr ban, 3 quits ,1 Day ban, and then maybe 5 quits 1 months ban, and reset the counter every 3 or 4 months.

That would be unfair because a lot of people do actually have crap connections and can't help it. I think it would be better if it was just 30 minutes every time

dontgoeasyonme
08-30-2010, 04:31 AM
You know that you can create a custom head to head where you can demand that the person you play has a DNF of 10% or lower? I find that 95% of people will stay till the end using this method! Another trick is not to celebrate, I know how fucked off I get when some noob gets a tap in because my defender tackles their guy but deflects them through one on one then they give it "shh" and " I can't hear you" whilst running the length of the pitch lol and it's 4-1 to me !?!?!? When you do things like celbrate and waste time by passing it around your back 4 people will get annoyed so bear that in mind, if I'm humping some one really bad I drop down a few gears and let tem back into it just to keep it going. This being said you just can't account for ass holes! I'm over 130 wins and still no achievement :(. You can get bad loser from quitting pro ranked matches and it don't give you negative DNF

dontgoeasyonme
08-30-2010, 04:32 AM
Hope this helps

bbss
08-30-2010, 08:13 AM
You know that you can create a custom head to head where you can demand that the person you play has a DNF of 10% or lower? I find that 95% of people will stay till the end using this method!

And i noted that 90% of people who has so low DNF uses a lag switch to cause the double disconnection from the EA server in the end of the match when they're losing, this way they can retire without affect their %. Testify.

_DoTTeR_
08-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Wait what? In the past four maddens if your opponent quit you'd either get the auto win or continue versus the computer.

This will be my first fifa game I buy hopefully something similar to the madden ranked is put in place.

If its anything like the world cup game I'll love it

dontgoeasyonme
08-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Wait what? In the past four maddens if your opponent quit you'd either get the auto win or continue versus the computer.

This will be my first fifa game I buy hopefully something similar to the madden ranked is put in place.

If its anything like the world cup game I'll love it

Yeah don't be put off by this thread! People (myself included) are just slightly pissed off that they included an achievement where you have to win 100 head to head matches and if people quit then it don't count towards your required wins!

Although can you imagine if they did allow it then surley more people would quit more often!

FIFA is epic and an amazing game! If your that botherd rent avator for a easy 1000G and just enjoy Fifa for the game it is :)

If you Need a hand coming to terms with it when it comes out hit me up! I try to play madden lol, have done since way back in the day and everyone on the madden Forum pages have put me in the right direction

dontgoeasyonme
08-30-2010, 02:04 PM
And i noted that 90% of people who has so low DNF uses a lag switch to cause the double disconnection from the EA server in the end of the match when they're losing, this way they can retire without affect their %. Testify.

Hmm not sure that 90% of people like me have lag switches tbh my DNF is 7% due to my router being FUBAR for a month :(

a lag switch is a bit drastic! Lol You got to be fucked up to pull that stunt and I'm sure it wouldn't work because if you break conection with the ea server it gives you a lose ergo UT

bbss
08-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Hmm not sure that 90% of people like me have lag switches tbh my DNF is 7% due to my router being FUBAR for a month :(

a lag switch is a bit drastic! Lol You got to be fucked up to pull that stunt and I'm sure it wouldn't work because if you break conection with the ea server it gives you a lose ergo UT

I assumed it was a lag switch, but anyway it's happening too frequently to believe it's only a case. And always in the end of the matches and when they're losing? Oh come on, there's something.

Thing is, without filters you face people who disconnect; with filters you face fair players or people "smarter than others" to avoid the DNF lowering.

dontgoeasyonme
08-30-2010, 07:04 PM
I assumed it was a lag switch, but anyway it's happening too frequently to believe it's only a case. And always in the end of the matches and when they're losing? Oh come on, there's something.

Thing is, without filters you face people who disconnect; with filters you face fair players or people "smarter than others" to avoid the DNF lowering.

The risks of online gaming lol

TARHEELSkill50
08-30-2010, 07:08 PM
booooo quitters are gay should be punished

dontgoeasyonme
08-31-2010, 01:26 AM
booooo quitters are gay should be punished

But so are the fags that go one up and celebrate then just pass around their back four! People should just play fair.

_DoTTeR_
08-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Yeah don't be put off by this thread! People (myself included) are just slightly pissed off that they included an achievement where you have to win 100 head to head matches and if people quit then it don't count towards your required wins!

Although can you imagine if they did allow it then surley more people would quit more often!

FIFA is epic and an amazing game! If your that botherd rent avator for a easy 1000G and just enjoy Fifa for the game it is :)

If you Need a hand coming to terms with it when it comes out hit me up! I try to play madden lol, have done since way back in the day and everyone on the madden Forum pages have put me in the right direction

I see, I just thought it was strange that with EA being the production company there was no such feature/rank system.

I'm sure I'll love the game, being truthfully honest I know squat about soccer/football (granted America isn't high on the sport) I've found myself watching the past two WC's all the way through.

I love competitive games and while I was on vacation my friend had WC 2010 and I was blown away with how competitive/intense it was.

dontgoeasyonme
09-01-2010, 04:15 AM
I see, I just thought it was strange that with EA being the production company there was no such feature/rank system.

I'm sure I'll love the game, being truthfully honest I know squat about soccer/football (granted America isn't high on the sport) I've found myself watching the past two WC's all the way through.

I love competitive games and while I was on vacation my friend had WC 2010 and I was blown away with how competitive/intense it was.

Wow :o That had to be the most disapointing world cup there has ever been! Had it not been for Germany I think I would have stopped watching International Football lol, Well if you enjoyed that then you should really try to Catch some of the Really big games in the English Premier Leauge and keep an eye out for the European Champions leauge, refferd to as EPL and ECL repectivly. It would blow your mind!!!!! My friend watches them on fox so they defo get aired over there.

Yeah well hit me up when you get the game and I will teach you how to be good enough to enjoy the game! Can't teach you all my tricks lol although I probably will

dontgoeasyonme
09-01-2010, 04:18 AM

Also soccer is actually the most played sport in both north and south America in the North they just don't really want to welcome it over NFL/NBA/MLB and in the south NASCAR and Monster Trucks lol

Scholesy22
09-01-2010, 02:46 PM

If u enjoyed the World Cup game then I'm sure u'll enjoy the regular Fifa's.

lenny m
09-01-2010, 03:43 PM
I say that if someone quits, they cant play for 1 hour online. Teaches them to mess about

djomalley
09-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Using 'gay' and 'fags' in a negative manner should also denote punishment.

Noddee 1984
09-06-2010, 08:35 PM
its was annoying when ur one game away form an achievement and they quit cause there gettin beat and u hav to win all those games in a row.