PDA

View Full Version : no online co-op for over a month

littlejay
08-06-2010, 08:30 PM
the game will launch on xbox like normal but without online co-op. we have to wait till sept 28th to play online :(

cbssi
08-06-2010, 10:47 PM
yeah, this sucks. there goes my day one purchase.

KNIGHTOFSERA
08-06-2010, 10:52 PM
I might get it day one, or around day one, just so I can get in on the summer of arcade deal

If anyone plans on buying the other 4 SOA games, you might as well buy this day one to get the 1200 msp

The Destroyernatorer
08-06-2010, 11:33 PM
I hope the single player is okay.

I was looking forward to Castlevania, but didn't buy it because it was so MP oriented and I don't know anybody who bought it.

XBL Unreal
08-06-2010, 11:46 PM
the game will launch on xbox like normal but without online co-op. we have to wait till Sept 28th to play online :(
That means I can save my points for Shank and Scot Pilgrim. I will look at the game then and decide if its worth a purchase.

Lymle
08-07-2010, 04:25 AM
Anddd now i'm not a very happy gal. I'll still buy it since I had planned too and already picked up the other stuff for the 1200 MS, but now i'm seriously disappointed. Also on topic, why Septemember?

Secret Staff Meeting
"Hey which month should we release the online co-op?"

"What about September?"

"Why?"

"Think about it. Other good arcade games have come out. Reach is out. Dead Rising 2. Guitar Hero like 50 million. It's perfect."

"Good good, hey let's make it free, because let's face it, by then everyone's gonna be to distracted."

"Smart thinking, smart thinking...Ok let's do this! -Goes to make official announcement.-"

Just sayin', that's my take on it <.<'

XBL Unreal
08-07-2010, 04:44 AM
Also on topic, why September?
The PS3 version is out the day co-op will be released for the 360.

Lymle
08-07-2010, 04:45 AM
The PS3 version is out the day co-op is out will be released for the 360.

So my awesome little story, is not what happened? Awww xP

XBL Unreal
08-07-2010, 03:15 PM
So my awesome little story, is not what happened? Awww xP
Edit: Ignore what I said. Your story is better :p

Lymle
08-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Edit: Ignore what I said. Your story is better :p

Oh oh I know <.<

PS3 Secret Staff Meeting

"Ok so we've decided to release Lara Croft on the PS3 in September."

"Uh sir may I ask why?"

"Well we have a long history of releasing things after the 360, might as well keep tradition up."

"Is that all sir?"

"Oh hell no. The 360 is going to run all over our sales in September. We need some sort of counter-action."

"...And Lara Croft is our answer!? Sir you've gone mad."

"No! I've been mad all along!"

There we go =D

XBL Unreal
08-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Oh oh I know <.<

PS3 Secret Staff Meeting

"Ok so we've decided to release Lara Croft on the PS3 in September."

"Uh sir may I ask why?"

"Well we have a long history of releasing things after the 360, might as well keep tradition up."

"Is that all sir?"

"Oh hell no. The 360 is going to run all over our sales in September. We need some sort of counter-action."

"...And Lara Croft is our answer!? Sir you've gone mad."

"No! I've been mad all along!"

There we go =D
That sounds about right lol.

Emergency staff meeting.

Halo Reach comes out in September. What can we do to make 360 owners continue to play our game.

Bingo. Hold back online play and release it then :p

Lymle
08-07-2010, 09:38 PM
That sounds about right lol.

Emergency staff meeting.

Halo Reach comes out in September. What can we do to make 360 owners continue to play our game.

Bingo. Hold back online play and release it then :p

lol now you got it! See we're onto them and their secret meetings <.<

imaidiot
08-08-2010, 04:15 AM
The only reason I wanted this game is so I could play it online co-op with my bro who lives 60 miles away. I was even going to give him 1200 msp to play it with me...well, looks like I can save my money.

I will wait when this is on deal of the week, which is a shame, because I was going to buy it day 1. By September 28th I will be playing Reach, and won't have time to play arcade games.

That is the whole point of 'summer of arcade', since no other games are out, you play arcade games. I just hope this isn't some PS3 conspiracy thing where they gave them money to hold the online until the PS3 release. I wish they would have just delayed the whole game, since the online co-op is the big selling point of the game.

Would any other game release and say, oh yeah, by the way, you can't play it online for over a month. I can see Reach doing that...don't worry, buy the incomplete, unfinished game now, and we will patch it later to fix it.