PDA

View Full Version : Halo: Combat Evolved on XBLM?

killerjt
03-18-2006, 05:15 AM
The April issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly has yet another Halo rumor to report (p. 67):

In last issue's Rumor Mill, I mentioned that Xbox 360 owners will soon be able to buy full Xbox 1 games via Microsoft's Xbox Live Marketplace. And now I've got the juicy scoop on the first game that Bill Gates' crew will make available. Look for Bungie's epic first-person shooter Halo on the Marketplace sometime before this summer. I only hope the developer makes this version's multiplayer mode Xbox Live compatible."

Not a bad way to fill up a couple gigs worth of HD space and sort of believable given Sony and Nintendo's plans to release old games online. How many people think this will come to pass? If they can can make Halo available via XBLM, why not Halo 3?

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2006/03/17/orginal-halo-on-xblm/

scoobydiesel
03-18-2006, 05:31 AM
yeah this have been rumored for along ass time and now its back...great timing with PS3 and April fools.

I myself think they will relase it on Arcade or whatever(maybe just by its self nto liek arcade game) But some questions i wanna know.

Will we get achievements?
if yeah will it only be 200?
LIVE multiplayer?
How big will they make the file? will they make us stream any of it or whaa?
how much will it cost? 2k(MP)???
yeah lots of questions, but i cant jump ahead sicne we dont know if or when they will do it

DarkLif3
03-18-2006, 05:33 AM
That's a lot of room to be taken up on the HD.

Also it says BUY. There is no way that I'm going to buy Halo 1 or any other last gen game that I own and SHOULD be backward compatible. Not when it's sitting here next to my Xbox.

The whole appeal to the Revo downloadable games to me is that the games are from NES, SNES and N64. Things that would be a bitch to have hooked up to one TV and play. Now we're talking downloadable last gen games. I just played these. I want my old school.

Zee
03-19-2006, 08:03 AM
XBLA game's can not go past 50 MBs.
so it'll never happen.

DaveWilma07
03-21-2006, 10:01 AM
I cant see this happening either. It just doesnt make sense.