PDA

View Full Version : Help!

PastyDarcy
08-07-2010, 05:27 PM
My freind recommended this game to me, he was always raving about good the game was and how much he enjoyed playing it. I have the GOTY Edition because it was cheap. I love RPG's and shooter's so I thought this would be really easy for me to get into.

It's not. I play the game and I am constantly raging, and I'm finding no enjoyment in playing the game at all. I do admit have only played about 8-10 hours, but I have never not enjoyed playing RPG's/Shooter's, so why can't I play a game that puts the two together??

As a side note, I have also played Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV on PC and had the same sort of experience, I find myself struggling to get into Bethesda games.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom as to why this is? I really want to enjoy these games, but I cant find the interest.

veece16
08-07-2010, 05:33 PM
It's just not what interests you. I can see how most people don't get into RPG's, they're long and can get boring quick.

Deadly Moves
08-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Dunno what to tell ya.. Im not a proper RPG fan. unless its an action rpg like Borderlands. But im lovin Fallout 3 atm. ive only had it about a week, and ive put in just over 100 hours so far. i also rented both the dlc disks and liked playing it that much i bought the mothership zeta dlc aswell.
Sayin that.. it did take about 10-15 hours for me to really get into it.

Plus if you have any of the dlc. try doing them quite early bcos they have some really cool weapons and armor that really helps you out with the main game.

TheRealBr1ghtShadow
08-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Agreed. It is an AMAZING game. Took me about 15 hours to get into it. Honestly for me , it was hard in the beginning thats why it took me so long , until I got a companion. Then it got alot easier.

Skepsis93
08-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Same thing happened to me. After I got out of Vault 101 I just couldn't get into the game, and gave up on it for about 2 weeks. THANK GOD I came back to it. Let's just say it got about a million times better after that, but don't ask me why. It just did. What a game, easily my favorite on 360.

Dcon6393
08-13-2010, 02:54 AM
its all about preference, i love fallout 3 cause i can just do what i want. also the oversight that put every awesome weapon into the small guns class helped haha. but if you dont like it try exploring, if that doesnt work not sure what else you can do in the game, it also gets 400 % better once you are around level 10, easier to kill things

LostNomad47
08-13-2010, 03:04 AM
The story was good enough for me to play through a bit more thoroughly and not just the ones w/ achievements... although by the time I got to the DLCs I was over it and just wanted to finish the missions.