PDA

View Full Version : Boycott the game until they add online play

imaidiot
08-08-2010, 04:22 AM
Show the developers and MS that they can't just release an unfinished game with a promise that it will be patched later!

Refuse to buy this until online play is added. When they see the sales tank, they will know they can't screw us over.

They should have just delayed the game until it was finished. (There has to be some shady business going on...either by MS so they can say they had the game out first, or Sony so they can say it wasn't online until the PS3 was as well)

I only wanted this game to play online with my brother, and after this announcement, if he had a PS3 also, I would buy this game on it. I would say I will buy it on September 28th, but I probably won't, since I will be playing Reach.

I can see people sitting around discussing why this game failed to meet sales...duh!

EliteShadowMan
08-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Show the developers and MS that they can't just release an unfinished game with a promise that it will be patched later!

Refuse to buy this until online play is added. When they see the sales tank, they will know they can't screw us over.

They should have just delayed the game until it was finished. (There has to be some shady business going on...either by MS so they can say they had the game out first, or Sony so they can say it wasn't online until the PS3 was as well)

I only wanted this game to play online with my brother, and after this announcement, if he had a PS3 also, I would buy this game on it. I would say I will buy it on September 28th, but I probably won't, since I will be playing Reach.

I can see people sitting around discussing why this game failed to meet sales...duh!

fail thread, cry more dude at least they announced that they were gonna at least PUT the multiplayer in, if u don't have any real friends then don't be pissed cause u can't play with ur fake ones.

u should also know that boycotting games is stupid look at the fucktards who tried to boycott Left 4 Dead 2. ur not gonna be able to boycott u fail dude quit trying lol.

Lymle
08-08-2010, 08:56 PM
fail thread, cry more dude at least they announced that they were gonna at least PUT the multiplayer in, if u don't have any real friends then don't be pissed cause u can't play with ur fake ones.

u should also know that boycotting games is stupid look at the fucktards who tried to boycott Left 4 Dead 2. ur not gonna be able to boycott u fail dude quit trying lol.

Uhm not to meddle but wasn't that a little harsh? >.<' But i do have to agree that it's a fail thread, you'll probably never be able to boycott any game (none of us will lol).

The only reason I wanted this game is so I could play it online co-op with my bro who lives 60 miles away. I was even going to give him 1200 msp to play it with me...well, looks like I can save my money.

I will wait when this is on deal of the week, which is a shame, because I was going to buy it day 1. By September 28th I will be playing Reach, and won't have time to play arcade games.

That is the whole point of 'summer of arcade', since no other games are out, you play arcade games. I just hope this isn't some PS3 conspiracy thing where they gave them money to hold the online until the PS3 release. I wish they would have just delayed the whole game, since the online co-op is the big selling point of the game.

Would any other game release and say, oh yeah, by the way, you can't play it online for over a month. I can see Reach doing that...don't worry, buy the incomplete, unfinished game now, and we will patch it later to fix it.

However I also have to say that it's partially your fault in the first place. If you wanted to play with your brother so bad, as i quoted you from a different thread, which you seem to want to do really bad, then here's a thought. Put down Reach, still buy the game for both of you, and then play when they add Online. Otherwise it doesn't really seem to be as important as your making it sound.

EliteShadowMan
08-08-2010, 09:31 PM
yeah i was a bit harsh but i'm sick of seeing these "boycotters" just because they aren't happy with the decisions of companies u know?

Lymle
08-08-2010, 09:46 PM
yeah i was a bit harsh but i'm sick of seeing these "boycotters" just because they aren't happy with the decisions of companies u know?

Yeah I understand quite well to be honest lol, but in some ways you can't blame them. In some ways. I guess i'm just a little too kind and warm-hearted lol. I haven't been around them as much as you probably, I mean i've seen them, but this is the first site i've been dedicated to using the forums and stuff for so I'm not quite annoyed by them...yet. Hopefully won't become either >.<. Hopefully.

Bantha Rawk
08-09-2010, 03:33 AM
Not gonna be boycotting, sorry... Game looks fun and they will eventually bring co-op on, so I'm not worried about it...

shadaik
08-09-2010, 08:33 AM
yeah i was a bit harsh but i'm sick of seeing these "boycotters" just because they aren't happy with the decisions of companies u know?Funny thing is, they actually just say "Don't buy a game that is not good iyho" which is perfectly good advice, if somewhat pointless.

EliteShadowMan
08-10-2010, 03:41 AM
Yeah I understand quite well to be honest lol, but in some ways you can't blame them. In some ways. I guess i'm just a little too kind and warm-hearted lol. I haven't been around them as much as you probably, I mean i've seen them, but this is the first site i've been dedicated to using the forums and stuff for so I'm not quite annoyed by them...yet. Hopefully won't become either >.<. Hopefully.

tbh i didn't know u were that new to the site! lol.

I don't think there will be many boycotters that would actually put up threads usually they just tell their buddies and stuff to not support the games launch or something.

But i am kind of mad that it isnt coming with online coop right away cause me and a friend were gonna play it but i don't have that much money to spare towards an arcade game anyway so i'm also glad there isnt any online coop till next month

OzzieArcane
08-12-2010, 03:23 AM
Looking at his username... I'm surprised anyone is taking this guy seriously. His name is "I'm a idiot"

_Nosferatu_
08-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Indeed, what's in a name?

Haha! :p

Nah, I'm only kidding. You make a good point, but you forget that the game also has a great single player and local co-op will be included at release. The patch will come and it will be for free. Just give it a chance and stop bitching. ;)

TsarBlandi
08-14-2010, 07:34 AM
if the game was delayed until they added online play then everyone will moan, at least we get the majority of the game now rather than having to wait, besides not every1 requires the online play, im happy just to play the SP or with a friend locally

DiGGeR
08-16-2010, 05:05 PM
if the game was delayed until they added online play then everyone will moan, at least we get the majority of the game now rather than having to wait, besides not every1 requires the online play, im happy just to play the SP or with a friend locally

Nailed it.

littlejay
08-16-2010, 05:46 PM
plus i get 1200msp for having all summer games :p
still the single player looks fun. will def still play it again in co-op with a friend

Thorpe
08-16-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't really give two steaming piles of poop about the online. Hardly anyone will boycott it for this reason. FAIL.

MADasaHatter
08-17-2010, 03:21 AM
sept 28th is not exactly next year.

Online play is right around the corner. You can boycott it for 4 weeks if you want.

FoxGuy3001
08-17-2010, 04:56 AM
No.

(this is just so its long enough to post, please disregard and just acknowledge the original "No.")

BUZZARDIO 1080
08-18-2010, 09:55 AM
i think hes right , i think its a disgrace that its being released like this, i wount boycott though because i really wanna play it , but it does suck big time.
imagine if they did it for c.o.d or halo lols

Lord Montymort
08-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Well I just played the Trial and the Single player is really fun, and seems well worth the price IMO, so I got it, I'll play it on Co-Op with my girlfriend when she comes over, the game seems it'll be more fun to play Couch Co-Op than online.

Also I don't see how it's a disgrace that there is no online Co-Op, I for one am much happier they kept it out to polish it and plan to release it in a few weeks rather than delaying the whole game, so I don't see the problem here, unless of course you have no friends IRL to play it with, and even then there is still Single Player.

BUZZARDIO 1080
08-18-2010, 12:12 PM
I just think they should wait until its finished before releasing it

Danteire
08-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Probably couldnt, its been slated for the "Summer of Arcade" for months now so couldnt be pulled without getting a hiding from Microsoft. We have no idea why the online isnt there, either they didnt get it finished in time, the online system borked at the last minute, its gonna be cross platform with the PS3 and PC (unfounded speculation on my part, dont take this as scripture).

Played the trial, very good game on its own, and it still has offline co-op so its not the end of the world. Plus 360 gamers get the first DLC free so thats a nice bonus to make up for it.

littlejay
08-18-2010, 01:08 PM
doesnt scott pilgrim not have any online co-op at all and it's $15?

lara has it better than some games :p

miiiguel
08-18-2010, 03:43 PM
No, sorry. Actually already bought it. It's awesome.

XBL Unreal
08-18-2010, 04:02 PM
doesnt scott pilgrim not have any online co-op at all and it's $15?

lara has it better than some games :p
Actually Scott Pilgrim is 800 points ($10) :p

It comes out the same day as Shank which is 1200 points. I am getting both. Back on topic. I played the demo and the game is fun. I am still not a fan of the DLC announced before the game was released but I am impressed with the demo.

KingBroly
08-18-2010, 04:59 PM
They announced 5 DLC packs before the game launched (for all systems, but the first one will be free on 360 because Microsoft probably got angry at them).

The Destroyernatorer
08-18-2010, 05:04 PM
They announced 5 DLC packs before the game launched (for all systems, but the first one will be free on 360 because Microsoft probably got angry at them).

Let's not get too excited. A few of those dlc packs are probably boring costume packs, and the free dlc could be one too.

Munkeh111
08-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Well given I don't pay for gold, why would I boycott for something that I can't use?

OG T UNIT
08-18-2010, 05:53 PM
YAWN to this thread. Hope your personal boycott goes well. Next maybe we can boycott Rock Band 3 for not coming with the pro mode Fender guitar?

Note: Above post contains a certain amount of sarcasm.

iNf3Rn0 Lan
08-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Probably couldnt, its been slated for the "Summer of Arcade" for months now so couldnt be pulled without getting a hiding from Microsoft. We have no idea why the online isnt there, either they didnt get it finished in time, the online system borked at the last minute, its gonna be cross platform with the PS3 and PC (unfounded speculation on my part, dont take this as scripture).

I know you said you're not sure about this, but where in the world did you get that idea? I could be wrong and you could be right, but honestly, the ONLY game that is cross-platform on the 360 is Final Fantasy XI. Microsoft is normally very strict about keeping players on the 360 playing with players on the 360.

MeesterSquishy
08-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Er no thanks, this game is awesome.

Strid
08-18-2010, 09:49 PM
I know you said you're not sure about this, but where in the world did you get that idea? I could be wrong and you could be right, but honestly, the ONLY game that is cross-platform on the 360 is Final Fantasy XI. Microsoft is normally very strict about keeping players on the 360 playing with players on the 360.

Shadowrun is cross-platform and so is Lost Planet: Colonies.

Kaiser Sigil
08-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Although I hate the idea of features being delayed, most of my friends are local anyway, so the fact that 2 of us can play on one copy is always good. Online is nice, but I'm not putting off a good purchase to "prove a point" they'll ignore anyway.

Luna Saisho
08-19-2010, 05:58 AM

Thumbs up! I mostly agree with you... I want online co-op, but at least we get the game early. Boycotting because of no online is looking at it so negatively that it amazes me. Be happy you get to play it now, and that they cared enough to let us have it. Yeah, it sucks to have to wait, but it's an awfully petty reason to boycott a game.

Tyger7
08-19-2010, 09:08 AM
This is a really good game, and I'm enjoying it as a single player game. Adding multi-player is just going to be a plus. This was the best Summer of Arcade game in my opinion. Not buying it is only going to hurt yourself!