PDA

View Full Version : Question about difficulty setting

Alien Nation
08-08-2010, 04:57 PM
I tried the search forum thing and cant find what im looking for. So asides the fact that combat is easier on easier difficulty settings does changing the difficulty setting change anything else as in game play or achievement wise?

III OpTiKaL III
08-08-2010, 05:36 PM
the easier you are the less xp you will get when killing enemies and the harder you are the more xp you get. it doesnt affect anything achievement wise though

esio gk
08-08-2010, 05:59 PM
the easier you are the less xp you will get when killing enemies and the harder you are the more xp you get. it doesnt affect anything achievement wise though I just want to add an example: killing Deathclaw on normal gives you 50xp, on very hard its 75xp and on very easy its 25xp.

Alien Nation
08-08-2010, 06:23 PM
aight thanks for the replys... i suppose its still possible to get the lvl achievemnts at very easy? im asking this so i can just go through the game without worrying about not having enough ammo and stimpacs lol.

Jakethemuss
08-08-2010, 06:55 PM
aight thanks for the replys... i suppose its still possible to get the lvl achievemnts at very easy? im asking this so i can just go through the game without worrying about not having enough ammo and stimpacs lol.

Definetly. Okay you get less XP for killing enemies on the lower difficulties, but you should have no problem reaching level 20/30 depending on whether you have Broken Steel. Enemies respawn, so you could farm if you had to, plus you get XP from hacking, lockpicking and other non combatant tasks.

Tussell
08-09-2010, 03:24 AM
Well, this is good to hear. I want to beat the game, but I just can't get into it due to the difficulty.

arachnophilia
08-11-2010, 02:16 AM
you should have no problems completing the game or reaching the level cap regardless of difficulty. if you haven't hit max level, there's probably still stuff left to do.

i believe i played 3/5ths of the DLC at level 30, on very easy. there's lots of EXP to go around.

Milimanci
08-11-2010, 07:55 AM
I'm finding the game to be easy now that I have Fawkes to back me up, so I can just play on Normal with no problems. Though I HATE when Fawkes steals my !@#$ing kills! :mad::mad::mad: I'm trying to get to level 30 as quickly as possible, but because of this LAME ASS, SLOW RELOADING, FREQUENTLY JAMMED TESLA CANNON...I can't do it. I see an enemy up ahead, I try to kill him with my Tesla Cannon, but the first shot misses. Then I have to reload...and the gun jams again, for the fifth time in a row. This leaves Fawkes with a perfect opportunity to steal 50 xp from me...again. Seeing as how my gun takes 5 second to reload, and in that amount of time, he can take out half of the enemies health.
And it pisses me off even more when he makes those comments after every damn kill. "That was too easy..." Yeah, Fawkes. It was easy for you cause you didn't do shit to help me kill these guys. Or, perhaps he'll say "I win again!". No, Fawkes. You did not win, because while I'm getting torn apart by a Deathclaw + 3 Hellfire Enclave troops, you're standing around like an asshole, doing nothing to help. "Hmm...I could probably kill these guys in 10 seconds with my epic L4Z3R cannon and my UB3R 20-inch-thick skin that gives me insanely high health...but I think I'll watch this dude die first." Damn you, Fawkes. I hope you get your head blown off by a mini nuke. Though he can probably survive a barrage of nukes because of his insanely high health, as I've said before.
Got a little off-topic, though. Seems like I'm just ranting about Fawkes.

McGoogles
08-11-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm finding the game to be easy now that I have Fawkes to back me up, so I can just play on Normal with no problems. Though I HATE when Fawkes steals my !@#$ing kills! :mad::mad::mad: I'm trying to get to level 30 as quickly as possible, but because of this LAME ASS, SLOW RELOADING, FREQUENTLY JAMMED TESLA CANNON...I can't do it.

That's why Charon is the best. Doesn't get in the way too much but when someone messes with us; he destroys them instantly and profoundly with his mighty powerful shotgun.

On topic: I found the game way too easy even on normal difficulty. Way too much xp and caps just laying around in my pocket being wasted. I recommend playing the game on normal as it's real easy and you'll level up quicker.

ozgoon56
08-11-2010, 11:15 AM
That's why Charon is the best. Doesn't get in the way too much but when someone messes with us; he destroys them instantly and profoundly with his mighty powerful shotgun.

On topic: I found the game way too easy even on normal difficulty. Way too much xp and caps just laying around in my pocket being wasted. I recommend playing the game on normal as it's real easy and you'll level up quicker.

The best companion on normal is the one that's never there. ;) I've played about two thirds of the main game and the only companion I've had, very briefly, was Dogmeat. So far I've only used 12 stimpaks and 4 radaways which is a fair testament to how easy the game is on normal.

Although, I'll probably go and retrieve Fawkes when I decide to go after the Behemoths. :uzi:

killer-jef
08-11-2010, 01:22 PM
the game is really easy on normal but when you get some difficulties higher it isn't that easy anymore

Milimanci
08-11-2010, 03:11 PM

Is Charon the dude from the Underworld? Or am I getting him mixed up with someone else?

McGoogles
08-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Is Charon the dude from the Underworld? Or am I getting him mixed up with someone else?

Yeah he's the ugly ghoul that lives in the Underworld. You can either buy his contract from his slave owner or you can tell Charon to go and chat with him and he'll kill him and join you.

Milimanci
08-12-2010, 04:04 AM
Yeah he's the ugly ghoul that lives in the Underworld. You can either buy his contract from his slave owner or you can tell Charon to go and chat with him and he'll kill him and join you.

Yep, found him. Just finished the BS DLC with Charon. So much more tolerable than Fawkes...