PDA

View Full Version : Float Like a Butterfly / Missed By a Mile (Bugs?)

Kevin Durden
08-08-2010, 06:41 PM
So I began playing the game for the first time earlier tonight and had invested about an hour and a half into it, encountering numerous Taken along the way. It came to my attention that I still hadn't received the Float Like a Butterfly achievement (dodge a single enemy attack with the slowdown cinematic style dodging). I watched countless videos of this being done and to my surprise, they were doing it the same way I was, on the same enemy even.

I've read on a few different forums now that there are plenty of bugs with the achievements in this game, so what I did was delete my game save, installed game, DLC, cleared system cache and recovered my gamertag. I played the game again for another hour and still no achievements being unlocked.

Any suggestions on this aside from hope for a patch in the near future? :/

MAD MAC
08-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Just started playing this myself . I did about 5 of the cinematic dodges before the achievement came up .I think the problem was i was releasing the buttons too early . So try holding the LB + L a little longer and see if that helps

Kevin Durden
08-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Thanks, I'll try that and see if it works. I sure hope it does because it's becoming less motivating to play it knowing that if this doesn't unlock, what's to say anything else will?

Kevin Durden
08-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Tested, results were negative. Basically I've tried the dodge move (cinematic dodge) now on enemies throughout the first three hours of the game and still no achievement.

I contacted the Xbox Live support number (for reasons unbeknownst to me now) and they stated that I clearly just hadn't met the requirements for the achievement, otherwise it would've unlocked.

Has anyone heard any word yet on this from Remedy or anyone else?