PDA

View Full Version : Bobblehead Problem

Jellybean468
08-08-2010, 08:26 PM
I have missed the bobblehead in 'The American Dream'... I was following the original 1000 guide and the guide didn't mention anything about a bobblehead so I carried on and finished the story. What should I do? I really don't want to start a new game. :(

ozgoon56
08-09-2010, 12:50 AM
I know the guides say that you can't go back, but have you tried? Assuming that they're right, though, then the only way would be to load a save from before or during that story mission. If you don't have a save then you'd have to start again.

This was something I'd have done regardless of achievements. It's really great to come home to Megaton after a hard session of monster killing and collecting and just stand and admire the full collection on the stand. :D

DeekBoy
08-09-2010, 07:22 AM
ya you will have to either get a save or start over. dont forget the bobblehead in ravens rock. thats the other missable one

WhIpLaSh 014
08-09-2010, 07:28 AM
If you are playing on PC, open the console command and access the ability to enter inaccessible areas. If you're playing on Xbox/PS3, either load a previous save or restart the entire campaign, as you won't be able to go back into the area again.

ozgoon56
08-09-2010, 07:29 AM
ya you will have to either get a save or start over. dont forget the bobblehead in ravens rock. thats the other missable one

American Dream is the one in Raven's Rock. That's why it will hurt so much if he hasn't got a recent save to go back to.

Jellybean468
08-09-2010, 11:58 AM
American Dream is the one in Raven's Rock. That's why it will hurt so much if he hasn't got a recent save to go back to.

I don't have a save. Sad panda. :(

arachnophilia
08-11-2010, 02:18 AM

yeah, that leaves "or start over". sucks man.

people, i'll say it before and i'll say it again.

save.
save often.
save redundantly.
save your old saves.

going back 4 hours sucks. starting over sucks more.

Milimanci
08-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Well, starting a new profile won't be too bad. You only have to get up to that point in the story, which is only a couple hours in. Then you can go exploring for the rest of them. And, if you maintain good karma, you can let Fawkes travel with you and let him kill everything.

Deadly Moves
08-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Sorry but that kinda serves you right.. i ended up saving over 1400 times through out the game. i made a new save right before EVERY major joint in the game, just incase i messed something up. so i dont get why other people wouldnt do the same. Looks like you'll have to play through the game again. Least its a good game ;)

Ulv Skjold
08-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Sorry but that kinda serves you right.. i ended up saving over 1400 times through out the game. i made a new save right before EVERY major joint in the game, just incase i messed something up. so i dont get why other people wouldnt do the same.

Probably because most people don't enjoy saving 1400 times in a 60 hour time expanse.

I see what you're saying, and I understand your point.. but not everyone is OCD.

Pearson
08-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Probably because most people don't enjoy saving 1400 times in a 60 hour time expanse.

I see what you're saying, and I understand your point.. but not everyone is OCD. Just because DM had around 1400 saves doesn't mean that everyone has to do it, the point is to save and as arachnophilia said:

save.
save often.
save redundantly.
save your old saves.

Because I agree that going back 4 hours really sucks, starting over sucks even more.

Deadly Moves
08-14-2010, 11:44 AM

I see what you're saying, and I understand your point.. but not everyone is OCD.
I would rather save it 1400 times in the space 127 hours than accidentally miss something important that i couldnt go back and get ;) To me its just common sense

Lillmuffin
08-14-2010, 11:32 PM
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_Boy_Bobblehead
I used this Guide kinda thingy! it realy helped me get half of the bobbleheads. im still searching but I hope to get some of the last one next week ;)

Orbsalot
08-15-2010, 03:14 PM
I would rather save it 1400 times in the space 127 hours than accidentally miss something important that i couldnt go back and get ;) To me its just common sense

Perhaps a happy medium is required? Tc didn't make enough saves and you (arguably) saved to often.

A save before/after every storyline mission, side quest, and times you've travelled a great distance and/or are expecting heavy resistance, should be enough.

I'm reluctant to put a figure on it, but perhaps ~100 saves? Not sure tbh, but imo 1400 seems a little excessive. No offense intended... if you don't mind doing it, and it makes you comfortable, go for it. Just saying it's probably not necessary (to that extent).

Also, to TC, make sure you read a couple of guides. Especially the ones here at x360a, as the roadmaps and individual descriptions are generally very good at highlighting missable achievements. I think your greatest failing is not that you don't have the required save, but that you weren't adequately prepared. If you want to get 100% in a single playthrough on any RPG of this size, a fair bit of research is required before setting out ;)

Jellybean468
08-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Also, to TC, make sure you read a couple of guides. Especially the ones here at x360a, as the roadmaps and individual descriptions are generally very good at highlighting missable achievements. I think your greatest failing is not that you don't have the required save, but that you weren't adequately prepared. If you want to get 100% in a single playthrough on any RPG of this size, a fair bit of research is required before setting out ;)

Oh no, I DID follow the road map and achievement guide. And it didn't mention ANYTHING about the bobblehead, just the one in your dad's office.

BelatedHero
08-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Oh no, I DID follow the road map and achievement guide. And it didn't mention ANYTHING about the bobblehead, just the one in your dad's office.

Um... from the roadmap...

Vault-Tec C.E.O.: Make sure to grab the medicine bobblehead while you're in Vault 101 and the Energy Weapons bobblehead from Raven Rock. These two locations seal shut once you leave.

arachnophilia
08-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Perhaps a happy medium is required? Tc didn't make enough saves and you (arguably) saved to often.

A save before/after every storyline mission, side quest, and times you've travelled a great distance and/or are expecting heavy resistance, should be enough.

I'm reluctant to put a figure on it, but perhaps ~100 saves? Not sure tbh, but imo 1400 seems a little excessive. No offense intended... if you don't mind doing it, and it makes you comfortable, go for it. Just saying it's probably not necessary (to that extent).

yeah, i would say, somewhere in the middle. i think i have close to 300 or so.

in general, just be smart about it. when in doubt, save. and only save over an old save if you know you haven't done anything significant. ie: make a new save after the mission, but if you've just collected skill books, or talked to a merchant or something, go ahead and reuse the save. if 1400 saves makes you feel safer about it, go ahead. but in general, if you DO have to go back, it won't be one or two saves. it'll be "oh, crap, i didn't realize op: anchorage got rid of the vault 101 signal" and you'll have to go back to before the whole DLC. or other similar examples. i use that one because it actually happened to me.

fallout 3 has the advantage of unlimited save slots that don't take a lot of memory. use them to your heart's content.

just as a contrast, i've been playing dragon age recently, and its save system is incredibly frustrating. for starters, the saves are big, 17mb, and you only get like 25 of them for each character (and, i think, 8 characters max). it autosaves when you don't want it to, and doesn't when you'd like it to. you can't delete your saves through the game; you have to find them through the dashboard, and they are confusingly labeled. and, if you over-write a save too many times, it gets corrupted. oh, and it likes to pull you into forced dialog choices from a distance, before you can save. that's fun too. and the game is just full of those "guide-dang-it" moments that even the wiki will fail to warn you about.

jaec91
08-20-2010, 04:45 PM
I agree with Deadly Moves. On this playthrough I've played only 16 hours and I already have about 100 saves. To me just the fact that the game lets you save anywhere and practically at anytime, not to mention the fact that it even autosaves every time you leave or enter a place, is a sign for me to save very often.