PDA

View Full Version : online is BS

ofay
08-09-2010, 03:34 AM
I have less than 10 online battles, less than 200bp but yet I am facing level C players with over 2k bp. WTF

SynysterChris
08-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Ya they kinda F'd up with the skill rating in this game it goes off you PP and not your BP. So It feels like they messed up, because you could be fighting someone who is way beyond the suppost to be skill level.

Plym
08-09-2010, 09:46 AM
I don't mind fighting harder opponents because thats how you improve, but I can't even get on the damn thing now.
I changed to a Wireless Network Adapter and moved the X-Box through to my bedroom and it has the worst lag I've ever seen. I can't even get through a match now!
No other game does this.

ofay
08-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I agree fighting harder makes you better but getting your ass handed to you 10 times in a row with no chance to win isn't fun

PocketRockets
08-09-2010, 09:55 PM
I agree fighting harder makes you better but getting your ass handed to you 10 times in a row with no chance to win isn't fun

Same here, im just a little n00b with a Cody under 200 Points and im always PWND by people who are like 1500 points above me, sometimes i give a decent match but most of the times they crush me.

SynysterChris
08-14-2010, 12:19 PM
My connection for this game is garbage, I always seem to get dropped from live even though I don't I just get kicked from matches and its always when Im winning too, which blows. But I don't really know why when I don't get dropped from any other game and I'm usually always full bar on everything else but this.

I was fine with the last game, so I have no idea whats up?

ofay
08-14-2010, 04:56 PM
I've had quite a few games that appeared to be conditions of lag switching, game started lagging right when the person was starting to lose and caused a tide turn, but maybe it's just bad hosting thru the game

SynysterChris
08-14-2010, 06:08 PM
I've had quite a few games that appeared to be conditions of lag switching, game started lagging right when the person was starting to lose and caused a tide turn, but maybe it's just bad hosting thru the game

Oh I hate that. But some of the time I think it may actually be my connection, and not the other player. I rage so bad when I lose do to it lagging on the last hit where I should have clearly had the guy. Or when I loose to someone I should have beat and I just played stupid, then realizing how stupid I was.

minimaster58
08-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Every person I've played with has used spammy moves and when I get back on my feet (which seems to take forever) they spam again so I don't stand a chance.

ferrara316
08-18-2010, 12:22 AM
just use this move... wins every time.... works in the real world too..

http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/1279875718_streetfighter-fish-hadouken.gif

Miumaru
08-18-2010, 08:17 AM
I dont care too much....yet, but I got Vega and Cammy to C, and am now working on Sagat. Soon I will have all my stars at C. When I get to say, Hakan, and Gen, then I will be more annoyed.

As for connection, I always host. Works well for me. (Easier to wait than go through 100 "Unable to Connect" for one match through custom match)

ferrara316
08-18-2010, 01:40 PM
I dont care too much....yet, but I got Vega and Cammy to C, and am now working on Sagat. Soon I will have all my stars at C. When I get to say, Hakan, and Gen, then I will be more annoyed.

youll have more trouble with Makoto, Seth, and Dhalsim.... took me forever to get to rank C with those bums.

AgentSephiroth417
08-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Ranked Matches = don't play them ever.

x Tru3 Sh0t x
08-27-2010, 02:27 AM
Im not new to fighter games but im not a amazing street fighter player. Im actually saving for a stick so i use a standard controller for now. But when i play online i can tell one the controller is shit and two the people i play spam alot of moves and some are actually good.

ofay
08-29-2010, 04:17 PM
why are players not matched by BP? BP is won by winning matches with any player as I can figure. I am sick of fighting guys with ten times my BP just because they are using a new fighter.

It should be ranked on BP GAH!!!

Didi Mau
08-29-2010, 05:36 PM
If you haven't already, search by "Skill: Any" rather than "Skill: Same", half the people I find are C rank or lower this way, and I'm at 2,500PP (not exactly a lot, but enough to give you B ranked opponents every time when playing as characters you don't use :p).

Having it search by BP would be the most desirable option, but that would mean picking your character before you search for a lobby, and you'd lose your choice of picking the best ultra for the match-up. Best way is to just go Endless with friends instead of Ranked if you want to improve at a comfortable speed, or better yet local multiplayer where your execution won't be competing with lag.

D.A.N.
09-01-2010, 07:05 AM
It is supposed to simulate a tournament experience, in which case you don't get to choose your opponent or see and pick fights based on skill. You play whoever. The points don't mean anything anyway. I beat a 4000 BP Ryu with my 0 BP Ryu. It's a slight measure of experience if anything, but there are tons of bad players who have lots of BP. The #1 player on the leaderboards pays people to lose to him, which just goes to prove that theory.

But as said above, you can search for same skill.

Kether
09-07-2010, 10:10 AM
youll have more trouble with Makoto, Seth, and Dhalsim.... took me forever to get to rank C with those bums.

Only took me about 3-4 hours to get Makoto. If it wasn't for those random 6 match losing streaks...

TigerGenocide
09-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Matching by PP instead of BP makes waaaaaay more sense. Each character you use has their own separate BP stat. When you win with a character, their BP goes up. If you lose with that character, your BP remains the same. BP NEVER drops (by any significant amount anyway).

PP on the other hand is tied to you as a player. It goes up when you win and drops when you lose, regardless of which character you are using.

Getting matched with a guy who has 3k BP doesn't mean he's any good, just that he uses that character a lot.

zindar
09-24-2010, 09:09 PM
Getting matched with a guy who has 3k BP doesn't mean he's any good, just that he uses that character a lot.

So agreed I fought a 10k BP Ryu with 1k PP he sucks so much ass man I won with 1 perfect and the next round is almost perfect but he chipped me with ultra sooo yeah

Be scared of people with more PP
BP doesn't matter

Satan218
09-24-2010, 09:19 PM
ya they really should add an update or something