PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the midnight launch?

XxBlueSpade2xX
08-09-2010, 06:04 AM
How many of you guys/girls are going to the midnight launch? I am.

Send me a FR if you're going to be playing. :)

tgas416
08-09-2010, 11:34 AM
why it's not like there going to be sold out...

Raven6009
08-09-2010, 06:03 PM
why it's not like there going to be sold out...
Yeah, I never understood these midnight game launches... I'll be at Best Buy just after 10 in the morning...

Bloody_Hitman666
08-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I never understood these midnight game launches... I'll be at Best Buy just after 10 in the morning...

its because people want to play it at night from the time they get it and untill they want to stop and some people stay up all night playing them.
im going to the midnight opening and going to play maybe 2 or 3 hours then go to sleep.
and sometimes the store can be sold out if you dont get there early enough the next day even if you did pre order it...happened to my friend wiht MW2

DarkManX
08-10-2010, 12:01 AM
95% of the time they have a gizillion copies the next morning. I agree with everyone here Midnight launch is pretty lame and pointless unless you have nothing better to do then play madden until 5 am

xBiG ReDx
08-10-2010, 12:27 AM
95% of the time they have a gizillion copies the next morning. I agree with everyone here Midnight launch is pretty lame and pointless unless you have nothing better to do then play madden until 5 am
ive never been to one but i can understand why fans would go to them... if your a huge fan and want to play it asap then a midnight launch is perfect for them

KSizzle
08-10-2010, 12:34 AM
I thought about going tonight but I think I'll pass this time. I went last year and got it at midnight. It is pretty amusing hearing all the people in line talk shit about how great they are at it. There was even a fight one year in the line, so now they have cops there when you are waiting in line. The gamestop I get my games at is only a few blocks away, so I have gone and got a few games before at midnight, when I had nothing better to do. Unfortunately I am extremely hungover at the moment from a friend's going away party that lasted until 4 am this morning and then I had to go to work, so that is the only reason I'm not gonna do it this year. They better have my copy available tomorrow though!

DarkManX
08-10-2010, 02:16 AM
Too much information there. No offense But no one cares and I hate when people brag/talk about getting drunk. Its highly annoying.

Enigmatics
08-10-2010, 07:50 AM

It is lame and pointless. But yes I did. And I didn't quite make it until 5, but 4 is close enough!

KSizzle
08-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Too much information there. No offense But no one cares and I hate when people brag/talk about getting drunk. Its highly annoying.

Wasn't really "bragging" just stating while I wasn't making the midnight launch. Never bragged about getting drunk anywhere in the post, just said that I was "hungover" and had to work all day with no sleep, so I wouldn't be picking it up until today. Don't really see why it was too much info, I thought I'd give a reason why I wasn't going instead of "No" or "It is lame". Anyway, I will be getting it this morning.

Magicman10893
08-11-2010, 04:28 AM
I went to the midnight release because of the deals they were having only applied before the release and I got $40 off, which was the only way I could afford it. That and I got to hang out with my friends for a couple hours while we waited.