PDA

View Full Version : Ludovico Einaudi - Italian Composer and Pianist

BarbaricGoose
08-09-2010, 06:32 AM
So.. I haven't listened to much classical lately. I'm sure this guy's pretty well known if you keep up with classical music, but I didn't know about him. Luckily a friend of mine suggested that I give 'im a chance, and man am I glad I did! I listened to one song - Divenire - and it blew me away. I was an instant fan. He defines himself as a minimalist.

When I first listened to Einaudi, I truly couldn't stop. I immediately bought the song, and shortly after bought several of his albums. This man gives many of the great composers a run for their money. I don't admit things like this often, but I cried when I first heard Nuvole Bianche. It brought back a lot of very painful feelings.. in a good way, I suppose.

Give 'im a chance. Unless you hate songs with a very melancholic feel to them, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Even if you do hate songs like that, I'd still encourage you to try them.

YouTube- ‪Ludovico Einaudi - Divenire‬‎

YouTube- ‪Ludovico Einaudi Nuvole Bianche (Original)‬‎

YouTube- ‪Ludovico Einaudi - I Giorni‬‎

YouTube- ‪Ludovico Einaudi - Primavera‬‎

SALT1R3
08-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Maybe its me but every Einaudi song seems to sound the same; your right the first time I heard a piece from him I found it thoughtful and introspective, but their all like that it seems; well at least the ones chosen on Classic FM hehe :)

Crimson Ridley
08-10-2010, 06:01 AM
I'm starting to get into this guy's stuff. I've got Le Onde and am currently looking for some more of his stuff.

It's a nice break from all the metal I listen to.

exo-apollo
08-12-2010, 12:14 PM
This is really good stuff, it's always good to be shown more minimalism(although that term can detract from the sheer beauty of this kind of music and a lot of composers labelled as minimalist dislike it). Good to add another artist alongside Reich, Glass and Arvo Part!