For Sale Forum

Rocket

This forum is already outstanding enough as it is, but I thought that maybe with the recent upgrades and wanting of more user suggestions, that I would make this. The only reason I am making a thread and not putting it in the other is that i dont want it to get looked over or missed.

I think that a for sale forum would be a good thing here. I seen this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9738&highlight=Sale+Section

But didn't find the one with Minty's comment. I don't see there being a problem with members selling and buying stuff like mentioned. Sure, some things go wrong, but that happens on Ebay as well. On other forums I'm on there are For Sale, Trade, and wanted sections and all are ran pretty well. Of course, there are always people that try and pull fast ones, but they are only few. I'm sure that this has been thought over by the mods and admins, but I think it should be re-looked at so to speak. Have rules for the forum, like must be a member for so long and have good reputation, i.e no spamming, no infractions by the mods and what not. Have it so that there is (even though I don't use it) ONLY PAYPAL TRANSACTIONS and MONEY ORDERS, both of which can be tracked. Have the seller include in his shipping a tracking number and the option for the buyer to purchase insurance. Could even make it so that only persons who donate/subscribe to the site are allowed access to the buyer/seller forum.

We have to be able to trust the person we are buying or selling from of course, same as ebay. And I know we have discussed in the past the rating system, have it enabled for buying and selling. Also have a buyer/seller beware list and a list of people who have had clean transactions. I know that this can work and am pretty sure that others would agree that this would be a great thing for the site.

So please, post your thoughts and what not here on this issue. As I truly do think that this could work here and would be a great addition to the site.

Personally I don't like the idea it would be too hard to do correctly and you would get too many people being ripped off or the danger of being ripped off will be too much for people to be willing to do it.

Not to mention that people would expect the site to back them up on bad deals, etc when it wouldn't be our responisibility.

Plus there might be legal complications for various countries, etc.

Personally I think a for sale thread and people post links to their sales on eBay would work, but that's as far as I think this site should go.

As much as it sucks, Blind Fool is right.

The idea is great. And you obviously addressed the problems that could arise, I would just imagine it's more trouble than it's worth for the admin's/mods. It's too bad too many problems would arise from people possibly abusing the system; which I think would happen eventually.

Again, it's a great idea and I like the thought behind it; it's just probably not worth it for the troubles that may arise.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds more like everyone is scared to do this. Sounds like people think that if something goes wrong its the sites fault, no it wouldn't be. Its just like Ebay, but would be secluded into this community. There would be no responsibility on the part of the site. If you outline the rules of the forum, be that THE SITE AND ITS MODERATORS AND STAFF ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TRANSACTIONS THAT TAKE PLACE, or any of that such you would not run into as many problems as you think you will. But I'm no mod or admin, so its just my opinion.

you have a point. but i think it would become to much of a side thing, that it could interfere with the true functions of the site...

there would be no way to keep it as a small thing. people would start coming to x360a when they were looking to buy a game, rather than to share and get advice on games or achievements.

but its also just my opinoin ;) but 1 mod for NO. sorry.

EDIT: maybe you could start a site for it... and if you do well and promote us, we will promote you in return. ;)

Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds more like everyone is scared to do this. Sounds like people think that if something goes wrong its the sites fault, no it wouldn't be. Its just like Ebay, but would be secluded into this community. There would be no responsibility on the part of the site. If you outline the rules of the forum, be that THE SITE AND ITS MODERATORS AND STAFF ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TRANSACTIONS THAT TAKE PLACE, or any of that such you would not run into as many problems as you think you will. But I'm no mod or admin, so its just my opinion.
The trouble is not just that, eBay is responsible, in law they are acting as a sales agent and therefore responsable, if something goes wrong they have a responsablility to an extend to protect its buyers and sellers from fraud.

Plus as I said someone would need to look into the legal side to see what responsibility we would have in terms of people selling on here, buying on here, trading across countries, etc.

you have a point. but i think it would become to much of a side thing, that it could interfere with the true functions of the site...

there would be no way to keep it as a small thing. people would start coming to x360a when they were looking to buy a game, rather than to share and get advice on games or achievements.

but its also just my opinoin ;) but 1 mod for NO. sorry.

EDIT: maybe you could start a site for it... and if you do well and promote us, we will promote you in return. ;)

Yeah, thats ok...I'm no internet guru like that...

The trouble is not just that, eBay is responsible, in law they are acting as a sales agent and therefore responsable, if something goes wrong they have a responsablility to an extend to protect its buyers and sellers from fraud.

Plus as I said someone would need to look into the legal side to see what responsibility we would have in terms of people selling on here, buying on here, trading across countries, etc.

I wasn't trying to compare how ebay is responsible, more so how they work just as a place to do it and people can still get ripped off...

There are no legal rammifications for selling one item to another person in the US and I don't think (don't quote me here) that there are any across countries as a person can sell private property so long as there is not any copyright infringement..

Just cos we put that doesnt mean that people wont start bad mouthing us.

We have said this time and time again, it is not something we want to run.

End of.