PDA

View Full Version : DLC: Broken Steel questions

LP10
08-09-2010, 10:51 AM
if i have already completed this game and i buy this dlc, do i need to start again the whole game to get level 30 for the achievements or do i need to load a last save i made and continue from there to make the achievements?

it also counts for the other DLCs, cause i want to buy them all in a couple of days

x Anonymous
08-10-2010, 12:56 PM
If you saved seperately before the end mission then reload that save and the dlc will be activated allowing you to complete the final mission without the game ending. I dont think you can load a completed game and play brotherhood of steel but i might be wrong.

Orbsalot
08-15-2010, 02:36 PM
*Spoilers*

I haven't played Fallout since I bought the GOTY edition (worked out cheaper doing that and selling my original than buying all the DLC seperately), but if i remember correctly the last point it saves the game is just before you go in to the chamber a second time and make the final decision.

I intend to get it out in the next few days to play all the DLC so i'll let you know.

Hamburgerous
08-15-2010, 02:58 PM
*Spoilers*

I haven't played Fallout since I bought the GOTY edition (worked out cheaper doing that and selling my original than buying all the DLC seperately), but if i remember correctly the last point it saves the game is just before you go in to the chamber a second time and make the final decision.

I intend to get it out in the next few days to play all the DLC so i'll let you know.

It saves just before you switch the memorial on, so you just do it again and rather than just fading to black you fade to black and wake up at whatever the Pentagon is called now. Citadel?

Orbsalot
08-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Wow, I never twigged it was the remains of the pentagon :omg
Feel quite silly now lol.

To be fair I'm not American, so not seen many pictures/videos of it, but that's not really an excuse...

Orbsalot
08-18-2010, 02:37 PM
It saves just before you switch the memorial on, so you just do it again and rather than just fading to black you fade to black and wake up at whatever the Pentagon is called now. Citadel?

I selected Continue last night on my completed game and it loaded the purifier room when you enter and have a converstaion with Colonel Autumn.

TheAlienHooker
08-18-2010, 04:19 PM
As people have said before the game automatically saves for you so you would be able to continue using your old save. Have fun killing enclave scum! :uzi: