PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Lost the video game

jimbo941992
08-09-2010, 07:38 PM
OK so I am a massive fan of Lost, it is my favorite TV show. I was pretty excited to play this game even though somepf the reviews I saw said that it was not good.

I thought it was pretty good. I do like the story line, you play as a plane crash survivor (that does not appear on the tv show) who gets amnesia after the crash. As you play through the game you will get some memory back, these memories are seen through flashbacks (as the characters have in the show).

You can interact with some of the survivors, one of the most disappoiintings things about the game is that none of the actors on the show do the voice of their character on the game.

It's fun to explore the island and see the hatch, the black rock and most of all the SMOKE MONSTER (which in one level it is chasing you through the jungle).

The game is really short and quite easy to play through, this is a disadvantage, it would be a much better game if it were more challenging.

The ending of the game is a BIG WTF moment, you'll know what I mean if you've played this.

If I had to give this a score i would give it 5/10

If you are a fan of the show you will like the references but be disapointed in the voice actors for the characters.

Write what you thought of the game in the comment section.

Cable Player
08-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Im watching Season 4 right now.
I love the TV series, but I was dissapointed at the game. It wasn't a bad game, but it was certainly not a good game. The 1000 Gamerscore was easy, and I have no incentive to play it again though.

skatemore
08-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Putting it generously, this game sucks.

TalynStarburst
09-01-2010, 09:16 AM
it was worth a playthrough if you are a fan.. but some of the voice acting was quite horrible.

Hydrophillic
09-01-2010, 06:42 PM
I thought the voices were funny. Claires sounded pretty close though.

I'm a big lost fan and thought a video game based on the series could have been awesome. I didn't think it was terrible but it could have ben a lot better.

Its definitely an easy 1,000 with the walkthrough on this site and walkthroughs on youtube. The only part that gave me troubles was finding my way through caves but youtube helped with that. I would rent the game, not buy it.

d00gler
09-05-2010, 01:46 PM
The only reason this game is semi-worth playing is the easy 1000g. It is very tedious to complete the objectives, and boring almost the entire game. The island is not fun to explore, as you are not allowed to deviate from a set path. All of the characters are boring, making speaking to them also tedious.
If you want to explore the Lost island, get Just Cause 2, which has an accurate copy of the island as an explorable easter egg. If the developers skipped the cutscenes in this game, I bet it would've small enough to make as an XBLA game.
In my opinion, this game is a waste of money and time, both on the consumers' part and the creators' part. Another example of cashing in on a successful TV or movie franchise as much as they possibly could without caring about the product.

Seanathan087
09-12-2010, 12:17 AM
For a game about a television show, I was expecting more. That said, I am a fan of the show and the game pulls off a similar effect to that of the show: it may be dull at times, but in the long run, the ending was reward enough in itself. The integration of Elliot as a character to fit into the story was quite well pieced together with the mythology of the series. My suggestion for a future title, the chances of which are slim, is to make the island an open-world sandbox to explore and give the true fans of the show an experience truly worthy of the title.

ginge88isfun
09-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Can't stand the show or the game, but like many others that play it, they're only doing it so they can get the achievements and with them being so easy to accomplish its no wonder.

Generally the game is boring, the island itself is boring, the characters are boring and did I forget to mention the plot is boring.

CodSteaks
09-15-2010, 09:15 PM
The mechanics of the game were sometimes really bad. I got lost in one cave for a while, and the fuse puzzles just didn't seem to make sense.

The story was interesting, but there was no way it fit in with the true Lost story. It was sort of like a fictional story set in the Lost universe. The producers of the show have even said it is not part of the Lost canon. Kind of like midichlorians in the Star Wars universe... oh wait, that's just wishful thinking. :(

I kind of liked it for what it was, but I have no desire to play through it again.

Fire Hawk D
09-26-2010, 01:25 AM
Yeah, I'm just now watching this show on Netflix. Very cool. The game isn't really a "game". It's more a virtual novel or something. Sure, there're some gaming moments, like running from the smoke monster, but otherwise it's mainly walk from point A to point B and then watch a cinematic. So, I guess it mainly, for me, comes down to how much you like Lost and how much you paid for this. I was amazed to see it at Toys R Us for $30 still! I bought it back in April for $8, thank goodness.

Anth0ny07
09-26-2010, 10:10 PM
I havent played the game yet but being a huge fan of the show i plan on doing so sometime in the near future. Im not expecting it to be a good game, just a fun way to waste a few hours and gain a couple easy achievements.

Also, whats up with this poll man? You forgot one of the most important characters on the show... John Locke. Oh well, ill just vote for Ben instead.

Tom Bick
11-06-2010, 06:22 PM
i loved the show and part of me died when it ended but this game was as good as a lost video game is gonna get. in my opinion, if you bought this thinking it would be good you are an idiot but those of us who bought it out of love for the series then well done :D the combat i thought was awful but not the worst. i would have kept it but i needed some quick cash and traded it in. only really worth a rent.